NextEra Energy

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 964 értékelés megmutatása

A Fast Paced Work Environment

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
I worked at NextEra as a contract employee for 10 months and learned A LOT from my coworkers during that time. My boss and colleagues were very smart and knowledgeable and I enjoyed absorbing everything I learned from them. My job here was my first right out of college, though, and I quickly discovered it was (and is) a very stressful/fast paced work environment. The company offers good benefits and their employees are paid well, but they're worked like dogs and often have to put in long hours. There were many times where I stayed at the office until 7-8pm to work on a project that was given to me last minute because someone needed it first thing the next morning. If you're someone who doesn't like working under constant stress and dealing with hard deadlines, I wouldn't recommend working at NextEra. I ultimately left the company after I completed my contract term and found a new job elsewhere.

Pro érvek

Smart and knowledgeable bosses and coworkers

Kontra érvek

Cutthroat management, very fast paced and stressful environment

Professional Environment

Great place to work at. No drama and we are treated like family. Everyone is treated with respect and the benefits are amazing. Gym membership and other great perks are offered with the company
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Gained lots of knowledge and experience. Don't have any complaints. Overall work culture was good in my department. Also appreciated the work life balance.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Fast growing company, industry leader

Overall it was a fantastic place to work. They set you up to succeed and have all the resources to do so. Only gripe is that sometimes you feel overworked but that really depends on what type of turbines you work on and the type of crew you work with.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Very good company to work for.

Over all the company is very good to work for. Follow the culture and learn your job and the sky is the limit. The company has all kinds of opportunities. Anywhere in the country and Canada. Like I said turnover is high so many times you have to put up with bad management.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Great company overall

Great company overall to work for. Minus the ridiculous covid-related policies, which are on their way out... this is a great company to be in. Industry leader in the utility sector.

Pro érvek

Flexibility, Job security, innovation, career path and growth within

Kontra érvek

heavy workload, need more resources
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Only real issues are your coworkers

Good place to work, learn if you want to. Overall a very good job for this area. Unfortunately they had many insecure older technicians who will stab you in the back because of their inadequacies. If you are teachable and work hard you will be perceived as a threat to some. Management appears blind to the issue but they are aware yet unwilling to correct the problem.

Not what it used to be

I have seen the company grow and it has drastically changed. It was once a great place to work and I felt proud of what I did. Unfortunately they are losing talent at an alarming rate. Leadership wants to blame the pandemic but it's the culture. It is rotting from the inside. They do not hire or promote based on qualifications or experience. If you do not have connections then you will never progress. I know there are more ethical companies in this space to consider. Do your research before dedicating years of your life like I have.

Petrified of change

Housing costs near headquarters are completely insane and pay is middling to low. Great mission, strong financial performance. No remote work policy despite all meetings in my department always being on WebEx. No reason to be in person all the time.

Pro érvek

Gym, cafeteria, people are nice

Kontra érvek

No remote, low pay, low vacation, bad parental leave, ancient management

Micromanagement and indicators

Nextera useless to be a good place to work until recent years. Share holders dictate how the company runs and every penny is pinched and leaned out. Recent engagement survey will tell you the direction the company has been heading.

Behind the times

Poor management and old company that has a very strict growth tract. A lot of employees have been there for a long time. Great pension and benefits and pay though.

I've had a good time

There's limitless opportunities to advance in the company. They want you to pursue different fields within. Just about everyone is willing and wanting to teach you.

Not a competitive salary

After years of loyalty, advancement opportunities lack competitive salary or compensation for overtime, they will offer external applicants salary numbers 25% higher than internal. The smartest employees will leave and move from company to company.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good if you know someone and want to play the corporate game

Management will tell you one thing throughout the year and something completely opposite on your review. Employees forced out when their manager has a personal gripe, despite good performance.

good and supportive

Good place for growth. They take college students and help them grow through the company to management positions. Very flexible with student schedules.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good place but lots of political

Busy day Manager was okCoworker were playing politics Management more focus on phishing and scamsMotivation lack lusterMobility is limited Very busy dayDon’t like remote or hybrid job work

Long hours and underpaid

Not a bad place to work. Plenty of advancement opportunities. For the work technicians do, they are underpaid. Depending on the site, you’re on call every 3rd week.

Vacation time

Work weekends and holidays

Average fortune 200 company - typical corporate culture

Have been with the company for well over a decade. Has had several CEOs during that time. Great organization with almost limitless growth and future prospects due the leadership.

Pro érvek

On site health center, gym, starbucks, beautiful corporate campus

Kontra érvek

Zero remote work flexibility, Low pay as compared to rest of the market
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

not a good place to work

The company is run by people who talk a good game but really are just greedy for the monopoly. Badly organized because its every person for themselves.

Cool

Great place to work. Great compensations plan would recommended. Company culture solid as well. Management very professional well put together team.

Wind Tech 2 work/work balance

Overall, it's a good company to work for, secure in training and educational programs. Job security felt like a strength for sure, but were NextEra fell short was it's employee work life balance and welfare. No company vehicles for techs, only managers, I was losing over 2 hours of my daily pay just to travel to to and from the remote wind farm locations on unmaintained roads. Top 500 company with awards but wouldn't hire an extra crew member to offset production costs per kwh, so crew was working overtime, 2-4 days off a month max. Also went 2 years with no portable toilet in Wyoming, having to dig a hole in -20 F, still didn't have one when I was exiting the company. Also, mandated vaccinations had me walking in December 2021. I loved the crew I worked with, absolutely wonderful techs, helpful beyond helpful, and the best manager I've ever had in my life, no cap. It's a yes in crew and manager, but the long hours, no worklife balance, and forced covid rules from the CEO had me looking for a change. Fun job!! But not worth the void of time to spend with loved ones outside of it.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: NextEra Energy? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés