Macy's Alkalmazotti bírálat

27 046 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 27 047 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Great place
SALES SPECIALIST (Volt alkalmazott) –  Terre Haute, IN2018, november 6.
Loved working here, it was a great experience and I appreciated my time there. Management was wonderful and the skills I learned will continue to help me in future endeavors.
Flexible hours
workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Volt alkalmazott) –  Dickson City, PA2018, november 6.
a job for someone who is looking for part time
was located in a mall
hours were nice but if you lived far was not great closing an the doing a early opening shift the next day
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice place to work at. People are very easy to get along with.
Stock Picker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, TN2018, november 6.
Very good place to work if you do the things you are supposed to while working. They are laid back and willing to work with you, but depending on where you’re from driving distance may be a issue.
Macys has unrealistic expectations
Visual Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Dayton, OH2018, november 5.
Macys expects the productivity of 75 hours+, within a 40 hour work week and expects you to help the larger :more important" stores while sacrificing your own stores standards, yet makes no allotments for you to "catch up" in your own store.
Not even **almost** worth it
sales associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  staten island2018, november 5.
One of the biggest issues with Macy's - the pay doesn't match the work. A typical day (if you start at 9) , was this-

1- open the register

2- go find a list of orders customers have placed online, before the store opens (Majority of the items are located in a massive, disorganized, dark room where I somehow managed to not be injured)

3- The store is opening and you're the only one in your entire department, so you have to pause your search and open the fitting room now.

4- People are here and checking out, so now you're tending to the cash register and also monitering the fitting room , (but you still have these orders you haven't found, so close those off when you can)

5- If no customer is immediately in front of you for 2 minutes, you can't stand there and wait for the next, so you go back and check (and sign) the fitting room again

6- You pull out a heap of clothes from the fitting room to be rehung, (but you're still watching the register). While you're tending to the mess, a customer appears -so you drop everything.

7- You ring up customers back to back for the next hour before your supervisor comes back and asks if you've checked the fitting room recently. (You haven't because it's physically impossible to do so while simultaneously operating the register) . She reminds you to check on it and that you need to get people to open credit cards.

8- A customer asks for help on the floor, (even though you've got a line of people waiting to check out), you have to apologize to the line and go get that person whatever their heart desires (doesn't matter
  több... if the computer says it's not in the store)

9- Okay, so while you're helping this person (or trying to anyway), your supervisor pops up, (asks you if you got any credit cards opened, of course) , and tells you that you have a line waiting (but you still have someone in front of you), so she takes over your customer and sends you back to the register.

10- While you're on the register again, the phone rings. It's another order to find in store, (but you still have a customer so you physically cannot go retrieve the item).

After another consecutive hour of ringing, your supervisor reappears behind you and demands you go find that in store order from the past hour. You can't find the order because the stock room is dark and completely disorganized, so you return to your department and inform said supervisor. She attempts to locate it, can't, and admonishes you for taking so long to search.

Half-way into your shift, someone comes to help in your department.

Now that you finally have a minute to do so, you go clean the giant mess that's accumulated over the morning. While you're picking up piles of clothes from the floor, you hear someone talking "she doesn't wanna clean the fitting room, but it's her job". (Can't be you she's gossiping about because you've cleaned it, right?)

While cleaning the floor, a line forms (and your co-worker is in the fitting room talking about someone still), so you go back to the register. After you ring up the line, your supervisor reappears and says to follow her.

She leads you to a tiny, dark closet and shuts the door. She proceeds to admonish you for not finding the order this morning (and not getting enough people to open credit cards) , proceeds to tell you that the fitting room is everyone's job, your coworker has "senority" and you need to respect that we do things "her way". (by gossiping, or by doing whatever Senority says?) You can't win. Your lovely leader lists anything she feels you've done inadequately and (upon not recieving a desired reaction, yet ) follows you back to your department.

In the hour before you leave, Senority and Supervisor now gossip about you openly... while you wonder if $13 an hour is really worth it.

Finally, after your shift ends, Supervisor pulls you aside one final time- repeats her series of complaints, acknowledges your (now-visible) discomfort, smiles and blatantly suggests you find another job.

I've never seen such unprofessional and (frankly, immature) adults in an employment setting, but perhaps mental delays are inevitable when you make a career out of Macy's.

Wouldn't recommend it.
  kevesebb
Pro érvek
discounts, macys money, somewhat flexible shifts
Kontra érvek
poor managment, rude coworkers, dramatically understaffed
Fun place to work at.
Sale Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bellevue, WA2018, november 5.
There are not a lot of things to you are required to do. You just need to focus on customer service and making sales.At the end of the day as long as you close all your register, you can go home. Doesn't require a lot of folding
Flexible hours
Lack of management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced but friendly and good management
Customer Service Representative (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2018, november 5.
Macy is fun place to work you can sing have fun while working. you get discounts and lots of fashion shows and candies . I love to go there on weekends for extra hours and to shop. The management is very understanding and they get along with your schedule pretty much fairly.
poor managent
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Overland Park, KS2018, november 5.
This store was great at one time, but after they got a new manager at the store it fell apart and wasn't the same as before. I use to enjoy working there but it became more stressful and un happy employee. Most of the good managers left to work different stores and replaced then with young kids to management to run the store.
Pro érvek
nothing i would be seen there even a agian
poor
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
place to work for someone who do not need to feed a family
Sales Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2018, november 5.
The co-workers is great, but pay is very low consider it you are working for packet money. The managers force you to open Macy`s account it is priority #1 + put customer to you client list and send them junk mails. Not good idea to make them happy.
co-workers
low pay, management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Macy's was a pleasure to work for
Sales Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Gurnee, IL2018, november 5.
I enjoyed my position and the environment at Macy's. Due to cutbacks Macy's eliminated several positions nation wide. Unfortunately my position was one of them. When my position was eliminated it was disheartening. I loved what I did.
Benefits and work environment
Cut backs
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
I loved it
Store Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chicago, IL2018, november 5.
Everyone was really friendly, and very easy to work with. They made sure I knew what I was doing and treated like a part of the team. Even though I really didnt stay there long, I never had any issue.
Empresa Pro-Empleado
Administrative Support Team (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ponce, PR2018, november 5.
La empresa provee excelentes beneficios a los empleados, mucha oportunidad de desarrollo y crecimiento profesional. Las politicas y forma de desarrollo estipulado por la empresa es excelente, lo no excelente es la calidad de persona que seleccionada para administrar la empresa, son seres despiadados y egoistas que una vez se percatan del potencial de su projimo y se sienten de alguna forma amenazados a ser desplazados se desacen del buen empleado y optan por amistad mas que por el talento. La empresa pudiera generar mucho más con el equipo correcto, profesionales con etica, lideres que desarrollen, encarrilen y reconozcan empleados con verdadera MAGIA.
401k, plan medico.
Kontra érvek
Mala selección de personal administrativo
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great Company to work for!
Human Resources Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Los Angeles, CA2018, november 5.
I worked for Macy's for 29 years. Had many advancement opportunities and have been a Human Resources Manager for last 14 years. I supported three store locations providing guidance to store executives regarding employee relations, employment, talent management, coaching and developing and performance management. My job could be demanding and challenging at times but very rewarding. I most enjoyed the interaction with employees and able to assist with their career growth and overall engagement.
Pro érvek
Fun and engaging workplace. Great people, benefits and recognition.
Kontra érvek
Unfortunately job eliminations was result of challenging retail industry
N/a
Michael Kor Shoe Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Corpus Christi, TX2018, november 5.
I gave it a bad score because management was a disgrace there as well as their corporate. I wouldn't recommend them on my worse enemy. Limited growth.
Macey's
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lafayette, LA2018, november 4.
Loved working there although retail wasn't in my preferred line of jobs. Atmospere was always cheerful and sales associates very supportive of one another.
Excellent!!!
Marketing and Sales Promotion (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Francisco, CA2018, november 4.
Management, coworkers and work enviornment was awesome!! The managment supported their teams, making employees feel supported and valued. professional, productive but a joy to work there. This company compensated their employees in so many ways. I loved working for Macy's!!!
Management, compensation
zero
Would not recommend
Retail Security Guard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fort Myers2018, november 4.
I would just not recommend working here, they treat you unfairly, give you nothing in return. Overall waste of time, I do not enjoy working for this store in this area.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
What a joke!
Warehouse Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Martinsburg, WV2018, november 4.
Too each their own....The job is what you make of it, what you are willing to tolerate, and who's butt you are willing to kiss. Never depend on anyone else. Always make sure any issue is communicated to the correct person, NOT just your supervisor or manager. Document everything including the days you miss work. Never expect more than what you are willing to put in and never expect complete honesty.
It's a paying job
Kontra érvek
Poor management from supervisors all the way to top.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
recovery
Recovery/Support (Volt alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2018, november 4.
I would organized the store. Maintained the floor nice and organized also did price check and unload the truck. Also did inventory, cashier. Put the store clearance up
Making Magic at Macy's
Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Gainesville, FL2018, november 4.
Working at Macy's was wonderful. Helping customers find what they were looking for and making them happy was Macy's "magic". Every day was different, sometimes I would merchandise areas according to planograms, sometimes it was training new employees, but it was always about taking care of the customers and making them feel welcome and valued. What I learned was everything about men's clothing, from suits to casual wear, sizing and fit, and all about designer brands like Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Hugo Boss etc. The management was good, communication and consistency could have been better. The culture was diverse, and everyone was treated fairly. Hardest part of the job was the real early or late hours during the holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers.
Pro érvek
employee discounts, good pay, good co-workers, vacation time
late hours during holidays
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Macy's? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van