Macy's-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Sales Associate

8 119 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 27 267 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
1,0
Sales
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Temecula, CA2018, november 10.
I've never been much into retail and it was supposed to be a temporary job, however, I ended up working there for almost or around three years. The management was not great as they really lacked professionalism and played favorites.
Pro érvek
Bonuses for getting people to sign up for a credit card
Poor management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
not a fun place to work recently
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  California2018, november 10.
not that much intersting time just work recently every thing change a lot they cut of employ and put the pressure on other employs the new manager doesn't have experience to be a manager
noting
noting
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  United States2018, november 9.
I really started out as the Pricing Manager, but due to a Manager that was a bully I demoted myself down to Sales. Then I had a chance for Advancement, Which, only happens through the company.
Sales Bounus
Co-workers
Munkahelyi kultúra
fun and you have a peace of mind
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Francisco, CA2018, november 9.
this job has a lot to offer and they value their employees, they gave us oppurtunity to grow, they listen to us if we have suggestion, they make us feel like their own family and not just an employee.
Pro érvek
they acknowledge our hard work
i dont see any cons
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Robot Managers that don’t care about you
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2018, november 8.
At Macy’s, you were constantly pressured to open credit cards or sell competitively. Slow day? They don’t care, they would rather have you harrass the customers and lie to them to open up accounts. Have a family? Go to school? They don’t care either. They disrespect your schedule and add more hours to what is convenient for them even if you had a unavailable day in your schedule. Managers expected everything to look spotless and perfect but would just stand and watch you as you have a line of customers but still complain at the end of the day why the floors was such a mess. I quit after 4 years, it was the only job I could have that I could go to school in the day and work a mid shift. When I left and came back to see old coworkers they all told me how happy I looked and saw the difference in my face leaving Macy’s impacted me.
Computerized schedule system
Kontra érvek
Management, hours, pay, lack in recognition, everything
This Job was Decent
SALES ASSOCIATE (FLEX) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colonial Heights, VA2018, november 8.
Macy's was a little slow paced, but it was easy work. The management was great, and the hours were decent. The pay was decent as well for the work that the employees had to do.
Management, Flexible Schedule, Paid 30 minute break, Discount
Boring sometimes
Munkahelyi kultúra
good for a part time job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Queens, NY2018, november 7.
It is good to have a part time job. The flexibility is good. You could kind of make your own schedule. Management at the store I work at need to take a interpersonal class. If the store manager and/or assistants managers do not know how to speak to their floor managers, what will be the outcome. The store associates will be unsatisfied.
flexibility
Kontra érvek
bad management starting from the store manager and down
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked with great cow workers made amazing friends
Cosmetics Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sandy, UT2018, november 7.
This place has horrible management. The management there only cares about making goals to better there raises but when it comes to helping employees none is given .the turn over is high do to low hourly wages and management that is lazy and will not help you if u have a prob that’s needs fixing . They would rather hire a outside person then promote with in because they don’t wanna give a raise
Great experience With cosmetics
The worst management ever
2,0
workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Volt alkalmazott) –  Dickson City, PA2018, november 6.
a job for someone who is looking for part time
was located in a mall
hours were nice but if you lived far was not great closing an the doing a early opening shift the next day
1,0
Not even **almost** worth it
sales associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  staten island2018, november 5.
One of the biggest issues with Macy's - the pay doesn't match the work. A typical day (if you start at 9) , was this-

1- open the register

2- go find a list of orders customers have placed online, before the store opens (Majority of the items are located in a massive, disorganized, dark room where I somehow managed to not be injured)

3- The store is opening and you're the only one in your entire department, so you have to pause your search and open the fitting room now.

4- People are here and checking out, so now you're tending to the cash register and also monitering the fitting room , (but you still have these orders you haven't found, so close those off when you can)

5- If no customer is immediately in front of you for 2 minutes, you can't stand there and wait for the next, so you go back and check (and sign) the fitting room again

6- You pull out a heap of clothes from the fitting room to be rehung, (but you're still watching the register). While you're tending to the mess, a customer appears -so you drop everything.

7- You ring up customers back to back for the next hour before your supervisor comes back and asks if you've checked the fitting room recently. (You haven't because it's physically impossible to do so while simultaneously operating the register) . She reminds you to check on it and that you need to get people to open credit cards.

8- A customer asks for help on the floor, (even though you've got a line of people waiting to check out), you have to apologize to the line and go get that person whatever their heart desires (doesn't matter
  több... if the computer says it's not in the store)

9- Okay, so while you're helping this person (or trying to anyway), your supervisor pops up, (asks you if you got any credit cards opened, of course) , and tells you that you have a line waiting (but you still have someone in front of you), so she takes over your customer and sends you back to the register.

10- While you're on the register again, the phone rings. It's another order to find in store, (but you still have a customer so you physically cannot go retrieve the item).

After another consecutive hour of ringing, your supervisor reappears behind you and demands you go find that in store order from the past hour. You can't find the order because the stock room is dark and completely disorganized, so you return to your department and inform said supervisor. She attempts to locate it, can't, and admonishes you for taking so long to search.

Half-way into your shift, someone comes to help in your department.

Now that you finally have a minute to do so, you go clean the giant mess that's accumulated over the morning. While you're picking up piles of clothes from the floor, you hear someone talking "she doesn't wanna clean the fitting room, but it's her job". (Can't be you she's gossiping about because you've cleaned it, right?)

While cleaning the floor, a line forms (and your co-worker is in the fitting room talking about someone still), so you go back to the register. After you ring up the line, your supervisor reappears and says to follow her.

She leads you to a tiny, dark closet and shuts the door. She proceeds to admonish you for not finding the order this morning (and not getting enough people to open credit cards) , proceeds to tell you that the fitting room is everyone's job, your coworker has "senority" and you need to respect that we do things "her way". (by gossiping, or by doing whatever Senority says?) You can't win. Your lovely leader lists anything she feels you've done inadequately and (upon not recieving a desired reaction, yet ) follows you back to your department.

In the hour before you leave, Senority and Supervisor now gossip about you openly... while you wonder if $13 an hour is really worth it.

Finally, after your shift ends, Supervisor pulls you aside one final time- repeats her series of complaints, acknowledges your (now-visible) discomfort, smiles and blatantly suggests you find another job.

I've never seen such unprofessional and (frankly, immature) adults in an employment setting, but perhaps mental delays are inevitable when you make a career out of Macy's.

Wouldn't recommend it.
  kevesebb
Pro érvek
discounts, macys money, somewhat flexible shifts
Kontra érvek
poor managment, rude coworkers, dramatically understaffed
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Fun place to work at.
Sale Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bellevue, WA2018, november 5.
There are not a lot of things to you are required to do. You just need to focus on customer service and making sales.At the end of the day as long as you close all your register, you can go home. Doesn't require a lot of folding
Flexible hours
Lack of management
Munkahelyi kultúra
place to work for someone who do not need to feed a family
Sales Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2018, november 5.
The co-workers is great, but pay is very low consider it you are working for packet money. The managers force you to open Macy`s account it is priority #1 + put customer to you client list and send them junk mails. Not good idea to make them happy.
co-workers
low pay, management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Macey's
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lafayette, LA2018, november 4.
Loved working there although retail wasn't in my preferred line of jobs. Atmospere was always cheerful and sales associates very supportive of one another.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Fun
Commissioned Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fresno, CA2018, november 3.
I enjoyed my employment at Macys. I miss working with the people and customers. Yes you get the good with the bad as working in a retail company. I love their flexibility.
floater
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, november 1.
My role at Macy's was moving from department to department being the specialist in each one. From sporting goods and fine jewelry. Make sure that I reached my daily numbers in Sales
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Cashier Sale Asst
Macy's Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2018, november 1.
As a cashier I have worked with customer and working in different department from Jr department and cookware department to dress-wear department. Its Flexible to work at Macy's
30 min lunch break
Fun retailer store
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Brea, CA2018, október 31.
Overall it was a fun place to work for. I loved my personal customers. During Holiday it was the most busy and stressful moments that I can recall. Sometimes the sales goals where very doable and stress free. Retail life is fun and hard all in it's self
great place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, október 31.
great place to work, overall staff was fun, helpful and optimistic. Work schedule was very flexible, managers were understand and possessed great leadership.
flexible schedule
standing alot
fun work place
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, október 30.
I enjoyed working at macy's. it was a great experience. The mangers are very helpful when need and so where my coworkers. Working there will make you feel like that's your second home.
Productive Work Place
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, október 30.
Great Place To Work If You Like To Work at a Very Fast Pace. It’s Fun Meeting and Interacting With New People Everyday. Very Good Customer Service And It’s A Very Busy Environment
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Macy's? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van