Macy's-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Sales Associate

6 356 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work retail
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Clackamas, OR2017, november 22.
This was my first "real" job that I stuck with. It gets monotonous and it gets ridiculous that coupons work on nothing, but I always loved having multiple things to do and my coworkers were always fantastic to work with. Except one. But we don't talk about her.
Pro érvek
Discounts, relaxed on breaks and lunches
Extremely strict attendance policy
Fun place
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wellington, FL2017, november 21.
Fro working at macys i can say its a good job for anyone looking for a retail oriented job. You are in charge of your schedule and can pick up shifts fro their website if you so choose.
flex hours
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  The Woodlands, TX2017, november 20.
The 2 best things about this job are the discounts and the flexible hours. The pay is low but you get to move your shifts around to fit your life. That being said, holiday hours suck.
employee discount
holiday hours
productive
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Elmhurst, NY2017, november 20.
i like it at this job i enjoyed making the customer happy and ensuring everything was in order. i learned you cant jugde a book by its cover and its a job that im sure people would love.
Never again
Macy's Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Philadelphia, PA2017, november 19.
I used to have a work schedule for school and I still wasn't getting enough hours at the job, the manager use to yell at all the meetings never again
Munkahelyi kultúra
a great place to work and advance your retail sales career
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Okemos, MI2017, november 19.
I have worked during the holiday season. I have learned the fast pace retail sales from Macy's, During the holiday your day will be super busy, but it balances your day.
fun and productive
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2017, november 18.
competitive, enjoyable working environment. Great place to advance and learned different type of cultural. Friendly and productively workplace. Flexible hours, you make your own schedule.
flexible hours
short breaks
management
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Redondo Beach, CA2017, november 17.
I was new and the majority of the time was left alone to figure out how to work the discounts and the register. As well as management never picked up the phone when I called.
one hour lunch
left alone
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Great enviornment
Merchandizer, Stocker, Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fort Wayne, IN 468052017, november 16.
Everyone was like family there, very nice christmas job that i held further for my dedication to Macy's. Nice break rooms, and relaxed workdays besides a couple on the holidays.
Furniture
Furniture Sales Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Tanasbourne, OR2017, november 15.
Constant change in management results in a little more stressful work environment then necessary. Working in Big ticket helped me become a better sales professional.
Fun to meet new people
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Brandon, FL2017, november 15.
As usual there are the coworkers you can't bare to work with, the plus side to that is meeting new people. I really enjoyed talking with the customers and getting to them and helping them find what they were searching for.
Meeting new People
Grumpy Co-workers
fun warm work place
SALES ASSOCIATE/HANDBAG SPECIALIST (Volt alkalmazott) –  Greensboro, NC2017, november 15.
a typical work day at macys was like working with family , management was very intune with all employees , the most enjoyable part was my coworkers and the customers
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cincinnati, OH2017, november 15.
I loved working here and I miss it very much, but the pay was just not enough to pay the bills so a I had to move on ): I also found out even though I was a great worker I got paid much less than everyone else there! So sad ):
Pro érvek
Paid lunches and lots of discounts
Kontra érvek
They want you to be doing something all the time yet it’s a very slow paced job
Munkahelyi kultúra
No matter what, Magic is always first
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Brooklyn, NY2017, november 15.
When starting a job at Macy's they provide paid training.
The training course is outdated and formatted in a way where what one is being trained on has no relevance to the goings on in the current work environment.
The contract you agree and sign to is very vague as to the responsibilities of a Sales associate or any other position for that matter. They basically have you do whatever they need you to do which has vaguely outlined limitations or none at all.
There are a lot of things about the job that nobody tells you at all and so if you weren't taught a certain process or shown how or where certain things go or operate it can completely throw off the work flow for a number of employees and upset customers rather quickly.
Promotions and Carrier opportunities are not made clear and easily accessible or are given randomly, I'd go as far as to quote another associate who stated that their elevated position: "Fell in their lap" quite literally out of the blue. Often in order to acquire another position better suited to an individual's skill set management makes it clear that the individual in question must "Quit and Reapply"
Management is really hit or miss. Every manager is different, in my experience there are few managers that are very genuine and understanding but will not let anyone take advantage of them which I would not recommend anyone doing anyways.
A lot of the managers frequently deal with rather rude and entitled customers, Associates whom have had unfortunate customers interactions that leave them feeling rather attacked and treated unfairly, and are often the
  több... second to last to being updated about a ongoing event.
There's clearly a barrier between Management and Associates and for as long as that is the case Macy's will not be a place I recommend anyone work for an extended period of time.
Its easy to not know what goes on within the store as far as: Event's, Sales, Codes, Coupons, Offers, Specials, Etc.
If you don't work for a few days when you return everything could be completely different from when you where there last.
The company and how they handle scheduling and attendance through their program called 'insite' is useful but atrocious. At a moments notice they could have changed your shift without informing you formally but expect that you still attend.
There is a 10 minute grace period for clocking in which has proven to be ineffective due to number of associates being mistakenly hours late when in reality they would have clocked in 11 minutes from the start of their shift. Missing a weekend shift is likely to have a increasing negative effect on your overall attendance. This system also puts those who use public transportation in a negative position due to frequent Bus and Train Schedule changes.
As a full-time employee you're subject to 28 minimum hour work weeks but even that isn't guarantee.
Shifts usually fluctuate between opening and closing with no time off in between, meaning that you could close 2 shifts in a row and be expected to open the 3rd shift. (I'm aware this is common among most entry level jobs however that does not make it right)
Even more concerning are periods in which an associate would open, close and then open again. The schedule rarely does a quality job of spacing and managing shifts between opening, evening, and closing shifts.
  kevesebb
Pro érvek
20% discount off of all purchases (Back of house), Macy's Money (Store credit)
Kontra érvek
Without the use of a 'Macy's Card' associates do not get their 20% discount.
Very fun work place.
Macy's Sales Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Richmond, CA2017, november 14.
I love my job. My managers are very sweet and laid back. Employees are friendly including me. We are all one big Magic making family. They have helped me through a lot and I’m forever grateful. I plan to stay as long as I can.
Pro érvek
1hr lunch, relaxing break room.
Kontra érvek
Fitting rooms after they don’t get checked every 1hr.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Macy's was a very fun place to work. The staff was wonderful, where I made many friends. the managment was great.
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Brooklyn, NY2017, november 14.
I liked working at Macy's. Everyone made you feel at home there. The management was wonderful, they helped you if you needed it. the staff became my friends and they still are after a lot of years passed. I liked working with the customers, especially working in the infant and toddler department. I worked the register and arranged the merchandize in my department.
Pro érvek
I got a 20% discount on clothes and 15% for other things, I made many friends, Had great time off for vacations, had sick days and good benifits, had opportunites to advanced your position
Kontra érvek
working in the stock room that had asbestos, didn't know at the time that he had caused Cancer, it was a long time ago
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Roseville, CA2017, november 14.
I really enjoyed working here. I learned a lot about customer service and sales. i would definitely recommend working at Macy's to a friend. The customers are fabulous
Manangers
Sales Associate/Assistant Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Antonio, TX2017, november 14.
A typical day at work is doing everything while the other managers are out goofing off. Staff would always call in and staff that would work worked double shifts and without breaks.
Don't Apply
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Savannah, GA2017, november 14.
I would not recommend working for this company. The concept behind most of their rules and principles are sound but they are not carried out well. Most of the time the employees get away with murder
Sales Assosiate
Macy's Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boston, MA2017, november 14.
Worked point of sale,interacted with customers about purchases, dressing room attendant, stocked merchandise, interacted with loss prevention. Maintained clean work environment in sales floor

Átfogó minősítés