Retail Sales Associate • Woman's shoe salesman (Volt alkalmazott) – Calumet City, IL – 2018, július 25.
- A typical day at work started with looking at the inventory counts for the shoes we had available in store and what was in shipment. Afterwards we would either put the extras,shoes, into there proper places or put them on the sales floor to be seen.
- Since I was in the Women's shoe department I learned what do woman look at when they are inspecting shoes. It gets way deeper than just the color, size of the heel, and overall look of the shoe. this was also my first serious job so I learned how to behave appropriately in the corporate world.
- The management team was wholesome but they had a competitive edge to each of them which kept the store moving in the right direction. that competition would enable us to become some of the best sales man/woman.
- The culture was relaxed but when asked to do something it needed to be done in succinct fashion. You wanted to be quick and accurate at all times. That ability came with learning the knowledge of the store.
- The hardest part of the job was black fridays.
- I knew most of the guests who would come shop, so it made me more comfortable and at first i'd normally talk to those guests i already had a relationship with and ask for pointers on selling.