Macy's-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Merchandiser

580 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to start work experience.
Merchandising (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Los Angeles, CA2017, augusztus 31.
Macy's is a great place to start out for employment, the work is fast but you do enough to not even feel the clock run until break. You do learn much about stocking and setting up merchandise for display and work with great people.
Flexible hours
20 percent discount for employees
Easy job
Merchandising Support (Volt alkalmazott) –  Nacogdoches, TX2017, augusztus 31.
The job was easy, all we had to do was stock shelves and hang clothes. we had to be there at 4am each morning to begin work, and would leave at 12 after the store had been open for only 4 hours.
Easy job
early mornings
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
I work in a pleasant department store setting.
Merchandiser (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Chula Vista, CA2017, augusztus 29.
I enjoy being a merchandiser at Macy's. A typical day at work is very 'on the go' with little time to do anything other than the tasks at hand. The hardest part of the job is having a manager who does not praise me for work well done. I am praised at work, however, only by co-workers and district managers. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction of doing a good job everyday and completing tasks in a timely manner.
It's a job
LEAD MERCHANDISER (Volt alkalmazott) –  Manchester, CT2017, augusztus 29.
Not sure how to grow if you aren't willing to do sales. Opportunitues aren't great. A high turnover rate. Too much expected for low pay. Their expectations are unreasonable, and it shows in their customer service.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Managers at Old Orchard Merchandising team are the best, loved working with them.
Merchandising, Bops Lead (Volt alkalmazott) –  Skokie, IL2017, augusztus 29.
Very hectic around the holidays. You work mostly alone and you learn the aspects of merchandising. Hardest part is trying to find something and it's not where it's supposed to be.
Pro érvek
Very accommodating with your schedule
It can be very tiring
Fast pace
Merchandising (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Glendale, CA2017, augusztus 29.
The company has a clear vision for the future of the company .But the way management at store level are not that great.macys has always try to help their employees .Hr department at store level really bad their confidentially policy really need improvement.
Vacations, sick pay
Kontra érvek
Poor management at the store level
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love the morning hours at macys
Markdown lead- Responsible for all merchandise (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bend, OR2017, augusztus 21.
I work on the start team. I usually worked from 6-1:30. I would complete markdowns, set the sale, place merchandise. My manger was nice to work with, but she is very overwhelmed. Work place culture was friendly. I really enjoy working a Macys. The hardest part of the job was being held accountable for things that were out of my control. For example being expected to complete tasks and not having other scheduled employees show up to work to help. Most enjoyable part of the job is working early morning shifts and getting off at 1:30 in the afternoon.
Early hours
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Horrible
Giftwrap manager/Merchandising (Volt alkalmazott) –  Woodland Hills, CA2017, augusztus 21.
I don't understand how macy's is still in business.It is very badly managed: we expect you to make this square peg fit this round hole,we will not give you the tools to do the job properly and we want it done yesterday
Staff discount
too many to list
Munkahelyi kultúra
Easy job and convenient hours
Merchandiser (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boca Raton, FL2017, augusztus 21.
On a typical day, I come in to work and meet with my coworkers and manager. Our manager gives us our tasks for the day and the company's status in sales. We then go to our department and complete our tasks until the end of our shift. Management changes tasks in the middle of working on current and planned tasks. Also, often does not know who is scheduled/how long they are scheduled for. Hardest part of the job is moving heavy fixtures. Most enjoyable part of the job was organizing merchandise and assisting customers.
OK place to work
Merchandising (Volt alkalmazott) –  Skokie, IL2017, augusztus 18.
This is a good place to earn supplemental income or extra income while in school. Early morning hours but work schedule varies week to week. Inconsistent team effort make goals difficult at times.
Pro érvek
early hours so have the remainder of day to accomplish other things.
Kontra érvek
pay, short breaks if any
Stressful work environment
Merchandiser (Volt alkalmazott) –  Barboursville, WV2017, augusztus 18.
Not enough employees to perform work load hours. I felt there was no positive feed back from management. They did not honor my schedule after hired. Worked many 10 hour shifts and they expect a 45 minute lunch and no breaks.
Wonderful co worker
will not honor time off
Merchandising and signing
Merchandising & Signing (Volt alkalmazott) –  Redding, CA2017, augusztus 18.
Just not very understanding when it comes to health and family care.
Very strict point system for attendance.
When you are hired they start you with 10 points but you can lose those point quickly.
half a point if you 10 + mins late
one and a half points if you miss a day
two points if you miss a weekend shift.
This is even effected if you are open and tell your manager what you are going through in your life. This point system also is in effect for on call employees.
Pro érvek
Everyone is helpful and friendly
Kontra érvek
Not considerate of health issues
Stressful, low paying
Merchandiser (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Philadelphia, PA2017, augusztus 17.
It's a stressful work environment, it's not worth the pay. The hours are limited and the early mornings are killer. Support associates get over looked and over worked
20% discount
Low pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good Company to develop planning skills and build vendor relationships
Merchandise Planner (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Francisco, CA2017, augusztus 16.
Macys was a a good place to work and learn about Planning and Distribution at the same time. Good opportunity to work with third party and create and build strong business relationships.
Cross Functional partnerships
Lack of empowerment and Buyers still acting above Planners
I love me Job
Merchandiser, (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Boynton Beach, FL2017, augusztus 15.
Wish I got my full time hours, management doesn't like anybody working overtime, especially for merchandise position. Don't make enough to pay my bills
Pro érvek
Sometimes morning snacks at meetings
No full time available
it was my second job
Merchandise Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hilo Hawaii2017, augusztus 12.
I enjoyed working in the warehouse unloading merchandise from container. Hang clothes up and distribute to other departments.
this was my parttime job on weekends and after work from my primary job.
Bad Management
Price Change and Merchandising Team (Volt alkalmazott) –  Citrus Heights, CA2017, augusztus 9.
Management is over worked and under paid making their job difficult. That all falls downhill to associates who are expected to work miracles in the amount of hours provided.
discount
unhappy employee's and customers
job
Merchandising (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2017, augusztus 8.
Working in Macys is every day interesting.. you learn new stuff and the responsabilities in making choices. My working area is merchandising. sometimes I do fullfillments. Fullfillments are taking the orders online..
Macy's Review
Merchandising (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Philadelphia, PA2017, augusztus 7.
Macy's is a good place to start if you are interested in a fashion career. However, I would not recommend this company for a permanent position. The best thing is that you will be trained to work in all areas of the store but full-time positions are very limited. For part-time positions, some weeks you might only work 5 or 10 hours. The company complains about not having hours but consistently hires new people to work there.
flexible work schedule
Kontra érvek
little to no hours, no opportunity to advance within the company
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had a good fun working here, nice workers and management.
Merchandiser (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colonie, NY2017, augusztus 6.
The job itself was honestly fun, I had to go out and find product that a customer bought online, then i would go and get it, bring it back and package it up. It was a scavenge hunt and i could listen to music, it was really peaceful.
hour lunches