Lowe's-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Department Manager

1 466 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 28 943 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyed job. But was thrown into postion given my previous retail experience. Started with a quality manager then inherited an lazy manager.
Department Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Albuquerque, NM2018, október 14.
Generally like the work. Mostly customer service, stocking and merchandising. I had a lengthy retail career prior to this job, so at management meeting as a department manager, i spoke up about issues and questions brought up by upper management. Apparently, the consensus was to keep quiet. So, I was like by department managers, but challenged by senior management.
No clear team goal. I was forbidden from leaving my department to assist customers in other departments including just taking them to the right area.
This job was difficult as weekly shifts were between 2pm-10pm and 5am to 1pm. so the differential was difficult to adjust to from day to day.
this job is for youngsters as the pay is decent and the hours might be easier or convenient for them.
Pay.
Kontra érvek
Shift times. Poor management. Lack of direction provided.
Nice
Department Manager – Flooring, Windows, Walls (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Abbotsford, BC2018, október 14.
This particular location is great. We are currently understaffed, and that makes it hard a lot of the time. Hopefully we will be back up to full staff soon.
Great employess
Dept. Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bowling Green, KY2018, október 13.
Great employess to work with. I enjoyed working with customers on projects to help them with their needs. I’ve enjoyed my 12 plus years. When the restructure was in place my pay would be $7.00 less per hour
Great insurance
Munkahelyi kultúra
all depends on whicih store and mgment at the store and morale there
Department Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Newark, DE2018, október 11.
spent 9 years at lowe's
all of us (coworkers) that were there 5+ years became like family
great benefits

not always great communication
ca be fun - enjoyable place to work
Pro érvek
benefits
Kontra érvek
schedule, always work evening, weekends, stressfull at timte
Munkahelyi kultúra
Team Leader/ Department Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Southfield, MI2018, október 10.
Complete year to date, shrink and budget report. Conduct follow ups on assignment given to employees in my department. Meet with upper management to discus potential sales issues and employee scheduling. Down load daily sales goals report and order new inventory. Offer any support need to help complete details within the department. The hardest part was making sure deadlines are achieved. The most enjoyable part was exceeding my budget goals for the week.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great company, but not great working hours.
Sales, Department Manager, Customer service (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Corinth, MS2018, október 10.
I love my Lowes family. However, the hours are crazy. Only one weekend off a month. And the week is filled with both opening and closing shifts. Most of us would prefer a more set schedule.
Pro érvek
Holiday and vacation time. Company paid meals on holidays.
Kontra érvek
Only one weekend off a month. Opening and closing shifts in the same week. Lots of heavy lifting.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Nice place to Work
Department Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Owasso, OK2018, október 9.
Enjoyed working for Lowes. Every day was different with challenges every day. Management can vary from store to store, however, I was pleased with my management team.
Decent Employer
Department Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Riverhead, NY2018, október 9.
As a whole, Lowes was a fair and decent to it's employees. They offered an average benefits package. They engaged the staff with yearly store meetings and kept them informed of upcoming news.
Good staff.
not many
Happily Gone
Delivery Department Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Reynoldsburg, OH2018, október 7.
Lowe's more about getting rid of associates they don't like or don't fit the mold they want. Too many managers not performing and having to help cover other departments
Pro érvek
Great associates under my control
Too much conflict
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lowes cares about the employee
Department Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  NY2018, október 4.
Lowes is a great company as it cares about both its employee and local community. There are many programs that are there to encourage employee growth and development. Also with the Lowes heros the company loves to give back to the community its self.
Lowes Cashier
Department Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Toronto, ON2018, szeptember 28.
Working as a cashier can be difficult. Alot of drama and cattiness amongst the cashiers. Company itself is flexible and work around your school schedule.
Flexible
Short staffed
Munkahelyi kultúra
Challenging and fun work environment
Department Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Corbin, KY2018, szeptember 26.
Enjoyed working at this company very much. A typical day at work at Lowe's was always a challenge and something new. That is what I enjoyed the most about this job. Work environment was good and I worked with great people.
management
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Volt alkalmazott) –  Salem, NH2018, szeptember 24.
The store is in a good location with a lot of foot traffic , some days were easy while some days were hard , Its retail business that's fast paced and can stressful with a lack of poor staff , or when there's no communication for the day , managers tend to lack a lot , while very few actually are hard working but most just ride there associates and harshly criticize to get the job done. this job is not for everyone
amazing benefits
lazy managers
Good entry level job
Department Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mount Pleasant, SC2018, szeptember 24.
I can't speak to the current state of this company as i have not been there in years. But, i do keep abreast of what is happening in the company. But not enough to give a current review.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Pay was not too bad
Department Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Toronto, ON2018, szeptember 23.
All employees ned to be held accountable.
Very stressful for certain positions.
Busy during the summer.
A lot of different departments to work in.
Dealing with difficult customers.
was the pay
streesful
Retail
Department Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Township of Brick, NJ2018, szeptember 23.
Home improvement retail is not much different than other retail. Shifts vary from early AM to late night. Training is limited to come computer training and then being thrown into the fire.
Pro érvek
Discounts if you are renovating
it is retail
Limited Solutions
Department Manager of Installation Sales (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Columbia, MO2018, szeptember 22.
The position allows a lot of freedom to set my own schedule and the wage is not bad. I get to work with some professional contractors for remodeling jobs and they do great work.
The job has several responsibilities and not enough authority to control the outcome. Many of our contractors do quality work, but the position gives no authority over those who do unacceptable work. There are so many steps to get every order placed, received, and delivered it is much too easy for problems to occur. Virtually the only solution is to give the final customer a discount from their purchase.
Pro érvek
This is a huge corporation that everyone knows.
Kontra érvek
Red Tape gets in the way of getting the job done.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It once was a family oriented great atmosphere to work
Department Manager/CSAV (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lock Haven, PA2018, szeptember 21.
Because of the last restructure Lowe's has really changed. There is no guidance and direction in departments now. Coverage is worse than its ever been. People leaving left and right. Customers frustrated because all the knowledgeable and experienced employees was left go or left on their own. Lack of help from employees. The morale is terrible.
Pro érvek
Pay, vacation, and they treated me well especially during my time on medical leave
Kontra érvek
Short coverage, no guidance and direction in departments, lack of knowledge and experience
I miss it
Department Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Front Royal, VA2018, szeptember 21.
I worked at three different lowes locations over a few year span. I worked my way up as one of the most successful flooring managers in my district at a young age. I seriously loved this job. I had some mental health stuff that made me quit abruptly. I wish I could join the company again because I really enjoyed it.

I’m not into the bashing managers game... but most managers felt like hawks. They would try to get associates in trouble for anything they could (I covered my own butt so I didn’t get in trouble) and made it much more stressful than it should’ve been. I understand rewarding bonuses to upper management that keep costs down, but it REALLY hurts morale to leave work feeling defeated some of the time. Most of the young employees I worked with didn’t care for it, and most of the older employees were tired of how it is managed.

HR managers seem to leak a little too much information to other employees and management too.

That being said, I have had a few amazing and kind managers I worked with so many fantastic employees. I loved training my coworkers.
Salary, three breaks per 8 hour shift, great coworkers
Kontra érvek
Management like to find reasons to get people in trouble
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a really good company to work for
Department Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Baton Rouge, LA2018, szeptember 19.
Lowe's is a really great company to work for because they offer good benefits, vacation, sick, personal days and holiday pay. They provide you with the proper training that is needed for you to do your job effectively and successfully. If I haven't taken sick I'd still be there.
Pro érvek
Have great salary and benefits
Kontra érvek
Need more associates on the sales floor for customer assistance
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Lowe's? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van