Lowe's-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Department Manager

1 188 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Great team environment
Department Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  New Westminster, BC2017, december 14.
Great team environment. Management still struggles with the treatment and following procedures. Working with a strong team on sales floor makes the job more enjoyable.
Good place to work for
Department Manager, Flooring (Volt alkalmazott) –  Maple Shade, NJ2017, december 13.
I've been with Lowe's for over 11 yrs off and on. I left to deliver hospital equipment for another company for a year and that became dangerous. Lowe's took me back as the position I previously left as which was a department manager. I did the department manager role for 5+ years and it got old. The expectations and the hassles you deal wasn't worth it to me. The money is good not great but good. You're juggling your associates and customers then also dealing with breakdowns in coverage because people don't like to work or show up for that matter. Outside of that the benefits are good and as a company they've helped me out so much outside of my worklife. So it's a bittersweet situation with them and I won't say it's not a good company to work for just letting others know the role they will sign up for if they decide to move up. You can always transfer and it is a family type of atmosphere with my fellow coworkers. I had to step down due to the stress however I'm grateful for this company's existence.
fun place to work
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Volt alkalmazott) –  Philadelphia, PA2017, december 10.
They offer a lot fo different things to their employees. Competitive pay and vacation and sick time. They offer dental 401k and benefits. Great place to work.
it is a starting place
Department Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  McMinnville, TN2017, december 9.
keep in mind it is retail, you can start out helping to get fright put
away, stocking shelves. helping customers find what they are looking
for. helping customers put their project together. help customers
load vehicle
Pro érvek
day goes by fairley fast
Kontra érvek
managment not always part of the team
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyed being part of the new store opening in Barrie, working from the ground floor up.
Department Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Barrie, ON2017, december 7.
Long hours yielded satisfaction when able to solve a customer's problem, advancement was attainable, team was great to work with. Hardest part was dealing with disgruntled customers. Management was all over the place, no continuity in their policies.
Great team to work with
Stressful
Great pay and people
Department Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Seattle, WA2017, december 7.
I loved working for the company hence spending 8yrs there. At times there was a shortage with staff which required one person taking on multiple work loads but when we were staffed it was a great environment.
exceptional pay great culture
Kontra érvek
short staffed at times management not always helpful
Munkahelyi kultúra
decent pay and good benefits
Department Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Macon, GA2017, december 5.
physical, mental, fast paced, multi tasking all day long. I learned how to deal with stress and be positive. I learned how to manage different type of people. It was a fast past, competitive environment. Hardest part of job was putting up large amount of heavy freight daily. I truly enjoyed helping people to find what they wanted to purchase and sharing my product knowledge with them. It made me feel really good to see people be able to feel confident in their purchasing of the product which they needed
typical
Department Manager/ Product Service Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Palm Beach, FL2017, december 4.
Typical work day. Easy to deal with. Chances of growth very slim. Management are likely to be hired from outside rather than promoted from within. Would work for them again
Munkahelyi kultúra
a place to get things done
Department Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Turlock, CA2017, december 4.
Daily meetings, communicate with managers for feedback and problem solving .Help customers with products and restoration projects. Place orders for installations.
Pro érvek
Festivities and employee appriciation, great benifits
Kontra érvek
Multitask, Manage associates and customers, delays on orders
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced, never able to finish any projects without interruptions
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Erie, PA2017, november 30.
Over the years that I have been employed I have seen many changes, not all for the better for employees. Overall it has provided me and my family a livable income. Due to recent restructure that is no longer the case.
Working with the public is always challenging, and many times rewarding, but at times very stressful.
Latest store manager has been very good for our store, but corporate has, in my opinion, yanked the rug out from under long time employees, such as my self.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Evening, weekend hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
it was and ok place to work
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Volt alkalmazott) –  Leesburg, FL2017, november 29.
Lowes was a stepping stone job that will not lead you very far in the end. It is a job and nothing more. management is not very good and the pay was very low.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Great associates
Dept. Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Port Orange, FL2017, november 28.
I enjoyed working at Lowes and I enjoyed the people I worked around. My supervisor was very understanding and motivated me to want more. I tried to move up in the company but it seemed the opportunity would be declined. After I received my degree I went to another retailer to advance my career.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
with changes comes other oppurtunities
dept. manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kinston, NC2017, november 26.
worked at lowes almost 14 years had to get another job due to management restructure told management about other jobs you would think they would try to keep me since i've been there so long just told me good luck on new job wanted to stay but my new job there would have lost over 800 a month good benefits good employees but asms don't do any work and sevice managers are their puppets bumping heads with each other.Now it's all about who's in management you're cool with not about how hard you work to move upnwasn't like that when infirst started years ago
Pro érvek
benefits
Kontra érvek
if your not in the friends circles you're not advancing
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and must have flexible work schedule
Department Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bethlehem, PA2017, november 19.
Scheduling and dealing with shift rotations everyday. Good experience dealing with customers and learning different personality types and having to work in a fast paced environment. Loading freight and stocking shelves.
Discount vacation time
Kontra érvek
healthcare insurance, everyday shift changes, no room for advancment
good job and pay
Department Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Belle Vernon, PA2017, november 13.
I loved my job at Lowes! Management gets to you sometimes and there are always the lazy employees and the grumpy ones, but overall it was a great job. Most frustrating things for me were the call-offs and late employees, so the faithful employees had to work extra hard all the time to make up for the call-offs.
pay, fast-pace
Kontra érvek
dealing with call-offs, cheap and entitled customers
N/a
Department Manager (Lumber) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bradley, IL2017, november 13.
A typical day a Lowe's in putting up stock before the the store opens. When the store opens you man you department and help customers with what ever project the working on
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work but they have changed things recently
Dept Manager Sales Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Trotwood, OH2017, november 10.
They got rid of most of the full time positions due to Obama Care etc. The workload for full time management has increased, as I have heard from other friends who still work there. Beware of a new culture and environment. I am not sure what it is like now and into the future.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Mismanagement
Department Manager/Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Casa Grande, AZ2017, november 8.
The Asst. Managers hid most of the time so hard to gets help or answers to questions for staff or customers . Associates were working more than their department, sometimes up to 4 or 5 departments trying to cover each left no time to complete tasks that were " vital " in the ASMs eyes. Restructuring of management made things even harder, less DMs also means less coverage.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Recent management restructure challenging but confusing.
Dept Mgr/Service Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Oaks, PA2017, november 6.
I was an up and coming dept manager working towards promotion when suddenly in Jan it was announced that all dept manager positions were being eliminated. Those of that wanted to were eligible to apply for a newly created service manger position. Basically we were given more dept to run and given the same power and access an Assistant Store Manager would have but did not receive any more money. In addition, the roles were not clarified and we were going into the busy time of year for home improvement, March through August. Our store is high volume so as you can imagine it was one chaotic mess. Management turnover has been over 60%. Hard to learn your job functions with rotating managers let alone work at getting promoted. I will miss my co-workers but its time to move on.
Pro érvek
Down to earth employees who made you earn their respect
Kontra érvek
Confusing, fluid job functions, low pay
Work with good people
Paint and Window Blinds Department Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Diego, CA2017, november 6.
It's a good place to work as a side job or part time. Overall great people to work with. Once you get in to management the demand doesn't match with the pay.
cowerkers