Kohl's Corporation-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Associate

An okay place to work
MJM Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Allis, WI2018, február 18.
Not too bad for a starter job - nice discounts and they do seem to care about their employees. I will say that their hours were not the best and they frequently changed managers when I was there.
Discounts, flexible hours
Kontra érvek
No way to move up, bad raises, managers frequently changed
Awesome discounts
Kohl's Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fairfield, CT2018, február 18.
Some managers favor the lazier coworkers. Hard work at times does not go noticed. Holiday time there are unlimited hours. But off season there are hardly any hours.
Pretty bad
Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado2018, február 15.
As a disclaimer, many of my co-workers were wonderful people, and I probably would have got along with them in any other environment. That being said, the "Kohls is like one big family" sentiment was not my experience.

I was hired as a seasonal employee right before Black Friday and was eventually asked to continue my employment after the holidays. As a seasonal associate, the permanent employees who were told to "train" me did so with general resentment. I was thrown into the position ill-prepared, and therefore became a further annoyance when I consistently had to ask for help. The coupon policies are lengthy and my mistakes earned me a lecture with my manager where she told me "I could fire you for that" in front of customers and my fellow, similarly confused co-workers.

The managers on duty defined the mood of the workers, as well as the policies. Different managers would allow different rules to be broken which led to further confusion of associates (and customers), and resulted in employees getting in trouble for things that were 1) not their fault, and 2) completely unimportant.

Overall, the management attitude was condescending and saccharine. The associates were consistently pressured to solicit credit and "deliver greatness" which still makes me cringe. I’d initially planned to keep a low profile and ride out my temporary employment, but mistakenly continued with them for about another month before quitting. During this time, I got a second job and started missing my Kohl's shifts as my priorities rearranged. Understandably, I became quite disliked after
  több... I missed nearly a week of shifts and put in my two weeks notice.

I’m thinking perhaps I was just a bad fit for the Kohl’s culture, because I've never had a job I so dreaded going to. It's a wonderful relief to never have to go back.
  kevesebb
Some co-workers
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
fun at first but they kept changing things did not train well in all areas
Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Monroe, OH2018, február 15.
trained for one position. it was enjoyable. changed to another department for health reasons, i was not trained but basically thrown into the position. was asked to return for short periods throughout the day to previous position and told them due to health reasons i could not. but no supervisor was aware of it so i had to go. ended up getting injured on the job and had to leave because the managers/supervisors would not communicate that i was unable to do requested task.
fun environment
no communication
Stressful Workplace
MJM Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Springfield, IL2018, február 14.
Management was very unorganized. Not everyone pulled their weight. Under staffed. Store was very messy. Pulled associates from the floor to register too often.
Discount
Really fun outgoing relaxed
Kohl's Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Casper, WY2018, február 12.
Unloaded truck in the mornings I did shipment packing frates price changes helped customers lots of customer service clean bathrooms made friends love chatting with customers and finding them nice clothes
It'sRewarding
Bad management
Experience at Kohl's
Kohl's Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Waynesboro, VA2018, február 12.
I had a wonderful time working for this company and I wish I didn't have to leave, I did have some issues with one of the managers who worked during a couple of my shifts.
Pro érvek
Friendly staff, all girls, wonderful managers.
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, having me run around with my feet hurting all day.
Enjoyed holiday season.
Department Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fayetteville, AR2018, február 12.
Discounts were great. also, being able to cross over to different departments made the job more interesting. Hardest part became holiday hours sometimes it seemed even on Chistmas Day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
An excellent leaning experience with disappointing guidance.
Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fayetteville, NC2018, február 11.
A typical work day is very rewarding in the sense that helping customers is very fulfilling and I've always enjoyed the company of staff and co-workers.
Pro érvek
Discounted merchandise and company events.
Kontra érvek
Lack of advancement opportunities, frequent loss of hours
Eh
Shoe Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Levittown, NY2018, február 11.
I wouldn’t work here. The hours arent great and the management is terrible. Shifts end at 10pm but when the store is trashed (especially during the holidays) you’re stuck there like all night
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a fun place to work
Kohl's Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  San Bernardino, CA2018, február 10.
Always stay to your self , get to have breaks whenever you want or when your feeling tired , down and sad . People are so friendly there and are always there.
Free snacks and water
Kontra érvek
Short breaks whenever you want
low pay
Kohl's Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA2018, február 9.
low pay not a lot of hrs if you don't have any bills to pay this is the job for you if your looking for part time this is a great place to work at....
n/a
Kohl's Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Plainfield, IN2018, február 5.
It was a great place to work. They have a nice employee lounge with a ping pong table, cafeteria, and vending machines. They also have great and understanding managers,
Lives and Dies by Management
ASSOCIATE (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wisconsin2018, február 5.
As far as clothing retail is concerned, Kohls is probably one of your better choices. The clientele is generally older women of some means, so there's less of a focus on preventing shoplifting that Ross or more contemporary discount clothing stores have to deal with. The pay is minimum wage and the scheduling is schizophrenic, but the culture doesn't promote stabbing your coworkers in the back. Generally the mood of the store is all of the hourly associates working together and collaborating, with management pushing it's own metrics and goals. Nobody on the floor cares about how many credit cards we've sold, but management will. As such, any one shift is going to depend primarily on the quality of your floor manager (E4). Good management makes or breaks the store, and it's not really something you have control over.

In summary, it beats working fast food.
Great
Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bolingbrook, IL2018, február 4.
It was a great experience at Kohls. I had a great time working there. It was the best job experience I ever had. I would definitely work there again.I would also recommend Kohls to anyone.
Clean efc facility
Flex Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  United States2018, február 4.
Palletizeing, cleaning debri, cleaning trash, keeping a tidy work area, meeting facility quota, Allows development of time management, and keeps you alert
All supply needs met
Kontra érvek
Not much help from management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun work place with some pretty cool managers
Frieght Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Wake Forest, NC2018, február 3.
It is a great work place really chill and laid back environment with some cool mangers. Employees are really friendly and helpful, But the pay doesn’t match the amount of work that you will be doing.
I was a seasonal
Shoe Department Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Huntington Beach, CA2018, február 2.
Worked during chistmas crazyness. Job was chill when that settled down. I was in shoes getting sizes using handeld computer and calling other store for holds
Simple job
Kontra érvek
Seasonal job and customers wrek everthing so u fix it
Hard to balance
ASSOCIATE (Volt alkalmazott) –  Grand Junction, CO2018, február 1.
Retail is stressful, especially with the hours, minimal wages, no benefits, and the pressure to sign people up for email and credit accounts. The schedule is inconsistent and it doesn't attract high quality managers.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work, can be stressful at times
Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Crystal Lake, IL2018, január 31.
Fun and a good way to pass the time. But only hires seasonal which is a bummer. Many managers but only 2 were friendly and understanding. Can be stressful especially around Black Friday or Christmas.
Pro érvek
Nice breaks, good hours, flexible schedules
Out of date training