Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Senior Merchandise Manager

Munkakör megnevezése
Senior Merchandise Manager17 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
17 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 23 146 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked in management for JCPenneys for 25 years. It was some of the best years and some of the worst. I never felt fairly compensated for the responsibility I had. I was always in management. I started as a trainee and retired as a senior merchandise manager. The stores were reorganized in 1998 and I was asked to take an early retirement. I complied.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was a fun fast paced career. Started in sales. I advanced to the executive training program and then started as junior merchandise manager for boys, girls and infants. Grew my career very fast. I had experience in multiple department and achieved a position as merchandise manager of men's line. It was once a great company to work for.
Fast career advancement
There were none
Munkahelyi kultúra
great people, good work environment. love working with customers .
not very structured with plano grams displays, but great place to work. Good communication from management to employees daily.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My review was from a long time ago when I was in management. I enjoyed working here, but I know the culture has changed quite a bit since I left. It was a good job when I was there.
Co-workers
Pay, hours
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
JCPenney was a good company to work for. Good benefits and good workplace. That was 20 years ago. Today it is my understanding that they are hurting. They have succumb to the online shopping industry.
good management
Kontra érvek
Long hours, not a liveable wage.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have not worked there in decades and cannot provide any relevant information regarding current culture, management, mission statement, pros or cons, etc
Munkahelyi kultúra
As the Senior Merchandiser, a typical day would be to open the store and get it ready of opening. The money bags out for each register, employee in each department, all merchandise from the receiving department displayed on racks, and straightening their departments before the arrival of the customers.

once the morning procedures are done, I would go into my office and check on orders coming in or needed.

Our store was the #1 place in town for women to purchase dresses and suits for the office and for church. We held that title for 5 years.

I enjoyed our quarterly buyers' meeting in Dallas to get updates and to visually see the new lines of clothing.

The hours were long when the seasons changed and I and some of my salespeople would have to change racks and move merchandise around and do markdowns,

The employee discount of 40% off on regular and sale merchandise was loved by all that worked at Penneys.
Pro érvek
Great clothes and great employee discounts...
Long seasonal hours.....
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to learn the aspects of buying and learning how to run a big box retail system. I would give a thumbs up! Great start for a recent college graduate.
Great People
Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Manager Training program was the best training I have received. It was a fun place to work. At the time I worked there we were able to order for each store.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Even though work life balance was getting more challenging, it was still a great place to work. I learned EVERY facet of the business and was able to grow quickly in the company.
Pro érvek
Lots of room for advancement if you are focused
Kontra érvek
Work life balance seems to be getting harder
Munkahelyi kultúra
I believe that when they went to corporate buying, they lost a lot of talented management and the local input that made JCPenney so distinguished,
Munkahelyi kultúra
Honored to be a part of JCPenney Corporation.
I enjoyed the challenges each level achieved.

see resume
Discounts, stock investments
long hours, salaried
Munkahelyi kultúra
Before Ron Johnson JCPenney was a great company to build a career in management. They are slowly turning things around.

Good pay and benefits, great work life balance, dedicated associates, experienced managers and supervisors.
Awesome Staff
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a senior merchandiser I was responsible for buying, presenting,and moving merchandise. I was also responsible for hiring,training and firing associates. I was also a team leader being responsible for opening and closing the store answering alarm calls. I also worked with loss prevention and inventory control.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had the opportunity to work with people who respected me and my hands-on work ethic. Most of the people I worked with were dependable and had a good work ethic. The store managers and district managers that I worked for acknowledged my intelligence and sound judgment in making buying, merchandising, and personnel decisions.
Pro érvek
Reasonable work schedules, good 401k and profit sharing, decent health insurance and sick pay plan, good vacation and holiday pay plan, et.
Kontra érvek
Merchandise buying positions were eliminated at all stores, transfer offered was 19 hrs away
Munkahelyi kultúra
typical day involved dealing with customer service, employee issues, buying decisions, product placement & everything that occurred in a dynamic retail environment
great training programs
long work weeks
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed every bit of my fourteen years with this company. It was a great place to work for a single person. As a manager I worked many hours but found it rewarding.
További JCPenney-értékelések megtekintése