Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Senior Hair Stylist

Munkakör megnevezése
Senior Hair Stylist17 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
17 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 22 798 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working in the salon was difficult, management did little to get new clients in the door. Compensation is below average than a McDonald's worker.
JCP salons in certain areas that don't do well you will be working to stay poor. They start you at $9 and make you work like a sweat shop taking clients just to get commission on services product commission is not at a reasonable percentage. They have sales that only hurt stylist and the education is only given if you can make it to a central location educators don't go to salonsseachsalon to ensure
Discount
Working conditions
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to start your career but...
Salon manager was awesome however the other managrment team members treated the salon employees like corporate employees. Its a great place to start your hairstylist career because you're paid an hourly wage while building a clientele and part time employees are offered benefits. Huge bonus! More salon advertisement by the store is needed and additional store signage would have been great to let customers know a salon is present. Corporate obviously does not appreciate having a salon in store.
Benefits, flexible hours
Kontra érvek
Management, lack of salon promo
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management was hardly there and did not treat the employees fairly.
A typical day at work would be sitting around hoping someone saw our sign for haircuts out front and actually walk into the salon. I learned that the Lead on duty system worked until they did not want to come back to the salon to help considering our manager was never there. The culture of the work place was laid back for the most part but stressful when the manager was there and took her home life frustrations out on every one in the salon. The hardest part of the job was re organizing the shelves and inventory. The most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on someones face just by their hair or even seeing a smile back on someones face once you restore their confidence just by cutting or coloring their hair.
The coustomers
Management was terrible
Munkahelyi kultúra
fun place to work , pay is bad.
A typical day in the salon very slow. Your literally begging customers to come in . Customers would only come in for samples and as far as building a cliental that's out.
great deals on product
Kontra érvek
health care and benefits are expensive.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Teamwork helps to achieve personal goals as well as company goals. The commission rate is fabulous as well as the benefits you can receive even for last time employees.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
was a nice place to work
I enjoyed working there just needed to advance in my career. So I left to better myself and my career. I liked the environment there and the managers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
fun place but terrible store manager at the time
great coworkers, hours are good, had one entire weekend off a month, but had to work holidays n some sundays. salon needed updated also. enjoyed the store/salon discount. great benefit pkg
Pro érvek
good coworkers, pretty good hours and good benefits
Kontra érvek
terrible store manager, no room to advance
Munkahelyi kultúra
One of the BEST corporate salons I've worked for!
JCP salons are structured towards and dedicated to giving their stylists every opportunity to succeed! Between the training courses they PAY you to attend, marketing tools, free product samples for potential new clients, they strive to remove any obstacles along your path to success within their company.
Very impressed with the Top 20 Stylist mandatory course! It was my second time taking the course and an excellent motivational refresher!

The mandatory minimum revenue required to bring in per hour can be difficult to meet within the time frame given to build a clientele IF you are relocated from another state and don't know anyone. This was the ONLY reason I am no longer with the company. Its ABSOLUTELY possible but, prepare to sell yourself with the same effort outside of work hours to meet your goal...if you have clients?? JCP is an excellent salon to transfer to!

If I had one complaint it would be that the prices didn't match the out of date atmosphere.. They wanted the girls to bring in a million dollars before rewarding them with upgrades..my opinion was they were doing it backwards..give them the atmosphere that allows them to bring in the million...

It felt like the equivalen to someone that just sat down at a run down mom&pop restaurant and realized the menu is priced as high as a 4-5 star restaurant..regardless of how much they LOVE the food, if they are going to spend 5 star money, why not enjoy a 5star atmosphere? Leaving the stylists to work twice as hard to keep clients loyalty.

I did see an article about JCP salon remodeling their salons due to a corporate
 - több...
Pro érvek
Employee discount ..a shoe girls dream!!, The salon manager in Winston Salem, NC was the BEST manager I've had through out my entire career!
Kontra érvek
The pay scale to earn commission is set quite high and base wages are below average.
Loved JCP
I was apart of the JCP team for 3yrs, and I loved it. From helping staff to class refreshers, JCP ensures your technical skills are up to date. I've learned so much about being both a stylist and customer service professional there. Total recommendation!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyable job working with customers
My job as a cosmetologist and retail associate has been an excellent opportunity to display my positive energy along with my talent. The management at Jcpenny's is quality but does not provide benefits to associates that are promised.
Pro érvek
Continuing education traning, flexible schedule, and positive work environment.
No healthcare due to limiting employees to 30 hours and occassionally no breaks
2,0
work place can be fun
Ask receptionist about you scheduled clients, make sure station is clean, organized and ready for clients.

I learned that Management is very hard, tough job.

Workplace can be fun.

Hardest part of job is working with staff and co workers.

The most enjoyable part is the clients
classes
Kontra érvek
bad money, cut hours, short breaks
Great place
Company is a great place to work has awesome benefits and a great staff. Janet Carbacio is a wonderful boss who will bend over backwards for her staff. Salon personnel are awesome people to work with turns more into a fanily.
Good Place to Start
Training was good need more but different
Starts off with very little hours

Computer scheduling upgrades were challenging

Then stylist were team players
Team Players, Training, Receptionists
Need New Computers, Sharing Stations
Hair Stylist
Booked clients hourly, selling retail. Each client different styles. I like the individual personalities & making each client feel special.
Great Benefits, Goals
Pay range lower
Ok place to work
Enjoyed the people I work with. Benefits and Pay not good. No annual raises and always overly encouraged to sell products.
nice atmosphere
no raises
Horrible Management
Not a great place for a career. They like to get rid of long term employees and replace them with cheaper workers.
Hairstylist
see attached
opening and closing

hairstylist, esthetics, manicurist, waxing, booking apportionment, running the front desk,
További JCPenney-értékelések megtekintése
Esetleg próbálja meg ezt:
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés