Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Sales Associate

Munkakör megnevezése
Sales Associate5 523 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
5 523 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 23 216 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Liked to work there back in high school, would not recommend it to someone over the age of 19. Good pay for a young kid. Retail just wasnt exactly my thing. But for someone who doesnt mind folding clothes then i would reccomend.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The company pushed sales associates to a quota on customers opening a new credit card. Because jcp was struggling as a company financially, the need for customers to spend on credit was critical.
Worked with school schedules
Kontra érvek
Pressure on associates to get customers to open a new credit card
Munkahelyi kultúra
it was fun to work at this place, but the pay was so low that I was not able to continue. I learned not to trust everyone because people try to put you down.
friendly work environment
low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is very disorganized and often will contradict themselves this was a daily issue. They also pressure associates immensely to get credit cards. Good luck getting a raise and if you do it will probably be 15 cents. Discounts were pretty good IF you use a jcpenney card or gift card. I wouldn’t recommend working there you can get much better pay and less stress.
Discount time off
Kontra érvek
Rude management credit card pressure stressful
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall
My experience working at JCPenney was pleasant overall. I loved my management and coworkers and coming in to work every single day was actually not heart wrenching and draining. 10/10 would recommend.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Typical day consisted of quick morning brief, merchandising, cashier duties, folding and reorganizing. Overall, this job is not very difficult and good for a beginner.
Flexible schedule, breaks
Low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked as an associate at JCP during college. They were good about working with school schedules and all, but the pace was incredibly slow, there was little to no opportunities for advancement, and my particular manager wasn’t very good with people. I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone over the age of 20.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun work environment and great start for a first job. They always have a set schedule to do. And always have a go to on how to Handle certain task. Loved it
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at JCP is tiring and stressful. If its not the entitled customers that is the problem, it is the entitled management. The management are selfish
Munkahelyi kultúra
An ok part time job but you will be working every weekend. The holiday season of course can be crazy. The discount was great. It is hard to be full time if you are not in a supervisor role.
Discount
Pay, hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
I started off in another state and transferred up. My experience at the first location was fantastic, but this location's management at the time was poor at best. I frequently found myself covering an entire floor on my own.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Typical retail job. Customers were rude, but decent coworkers made it tolerable. Constant credit application goals sent by corporate create a more toxic work environment than a healthy one, but this isn't unique to JCP. Schedule flexibility was a plus with a very forgiving absence policy. A fine first job, but would not recommend long-term employment. Avoid working direct sales if you like keeping your sanity.
Employee discount, flexible scheduling
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, limited/difficult to acquire PTO, toxic work environment, rude customers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Works there for a while, sad to go but I had a great time working there when I did.
Good people and good times

Just a sucky company overall

Doesn’t help it’s falling through either
Fun coworkers
Hardly any raises
Work-life balance
Management is so mean

Pay & benefits

Not very understanding about heath issues

Unapproachable

Overall

horrible experience that left me needing therapy and management made me feel less than and stupid. I am a very positive person and they changed that for sure.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its easy work but it can be a little stressful at times especially when you are tryna get customers to sign up for a credit card. Its alot of pressure when it comes to that. I like the job. I hate that we have to ask customers for credit accounts.
1 Hour break
Kontra érvek
Not a full time job to live on
Munkahelyi kultúra
Coworkers and managers were horrible most stood around talking and not working at all
Didnt get trained on anything new didnt even get a name tag until I was about to quit

Only good thing was the pay but the schedule was always changing and put out last minute

Munkahelyi kultúra
Hard to predict which brick and mortar stores will survive competition from Internet shopping and, now, Covid-19. The location at Fair Oaks Mall was great--very close to my home.
Pro érvek
Location was close to my home.
Kontra érvek
The constant push to open credit card accounts when I was there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s a retail job. Some days are great and some are not. I was grateful to have great people to work with. Managers were okay, however they got lazier as time went on.
Discount
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, minimal advancement, job security
Munkahelyi kultúra
You will be micromanaged by your department managers and there is no consistency in management. You will be picking up slacks from other unproductive employees.
Work-life balance
Work-life balance at JCPenney is great.

Pay & benefits

My pay and benefits at JCPenney are average.

In general, managers at JCPenney are amazing and nice.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would have kept working at JC Penney except that I could not get full time hours. They don’t give anyone, except management, full time. Also, the hours I had to work were a lot of evening and weekend work, which I didn’t used to mind, but I do now with life changes and I needed to get something daytime, no weekends. But the people, management, they were all amazing!!!
Pro érvek
Lots of free lunches, prizes for getting credit cards, lots of fun
Kontra érvek
Hours and no full time shifts