JCPenney
3,7 az 5 csillagból.
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Optician

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
36 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 23 483 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Honestly, this job was really great especially for a college student. The people for the most part were kind, and goals were not impossible to make. Hours were flexible, pay was great! Doctor had older equipment so some flaws happened at times. The biggest negative is the lab, you can give the best service to the customer and the lab would ruin it lol. Lab was so unreliable, backed up orders, lost orders, broke glasses. Of course, the customer just sees you and blames you. It makes it harder to sell if you have no faith In the lab yourself. If the lab was improved it would definitely be perfect.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love my job. I went to school for optical and it’s amazingly hard to find a good job! I don’t bother with Optometery offices. I feel the at lens options and the frame options offered are very economical. I have quite possibly the best manager with in the company. I feel the pay is worth it and I don’t really care about no heath benefits. You do get a free pair of glasses after 90 days. They’re pretty nice as well. My manager always has time to explain something if I don’t understand and the sales goals are very reachable. I work often with my manager and the doctor. Sometimes I am working my myself. The only down fall is the location of the optical departments within locations of Jcpenneys. They’re often tucked away in the corner and I feel it would be better should it be located towards the front of the store. The only other bad thing is not a lot of people know about us.
Kontra érvek
Other stores may not have the best managers..
Munkahelyi kultúra
No free weekends, No advancement, Stressful retail environment. No pay raises, Management always afraid of being fired, and J.C.Penney management and employees unfriendly towards U.S. Vision Opticians.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work is helping people look for frames. I have learned about insurance for glasses, how to make advertisements, and customer service. The management is fair. The hardest part of the job is trying to fix someone’s glasses that broken. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that the customer is happy.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have experience in this field,so came natural of course.Just not enough hours.JCP laid off all part time employees,due to internet shopping is so popular now.
Free lunches
Part time
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The only thing worthwhile were the doctors I worked with. Prescription accuracy and quality poor. I had 4 different people telling me what to do. High stress low pay. An Optician with certification is not compensated or even encouraged to work there.
Low pay, bad job
Munkahelyi kultúra
Had fun there it was a different experience but I liked it a lot and I liked the people I worked with as well as the company. The company was good to the workers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
At JCpenney Opticial I would be assisting potential patients at affording their own glasses. If ready; appointments are scheduled or glasses are placed to order.
Working with people
Lack of income
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was a great job. I was mostly able to work on my own without someone looking over my shoulder constantly. I was able to help people who needed glasses.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Demand for higher sales is never ending. The quality of product provided leaves much to be desired. They always want higher number than last year, but it is hard with so many competitors and customers getting laser eye surgery. Few people know about us as we are tucked away in a corner of the main store. Also this job starts you at minimum wage and customers expect you to really know your stuff or have a degree, but you are only a sales person and do basic repairs and measurements. Two of the opticians I worked with ended up being very fake with me. I do not have pleasant memories about working here, but hey if you are in need of some kind of money, it beats breaking rocks in the hot sun. My hours were constantly being cut, the pay was unstable and I made about $8,400 annually.
Pro érvek
Sometimes, it's slow and you can relax a bit
Kontra érvek
You are often alone to deal with agitated customers with little guidance from management
Munkahelyi kultúra
great job if you are looking for something temporary. You learn how to interact with the customers and how to solve certain situations where the customer is not happy.
Munkahelyi kultúra
slow paced boring work center. I left the company to pursue other career options that included better pay, benefit, and a closer location to home, but willing to relocate locally.
Munkahelyi kultúra
managers are very understanding and flexible with hours. made working fun. they are very detailed when it comes to explaining and training for the position.
short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
had a major bug problem and it had never died down. Manager was unorganized and always had missed lunches also, kept changing hours to benefit only her own more then employees.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I'm always learning new things there. Different people come in checking out eye wear. I love helping people to see with their new prescription. First time wearing glasses. Or help kids with their first pair of glasses.
Pro érvek
Meeting new people everyday.
Not enough hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is very reasonable. They understand that life happens and are very supportive to their employees. There is great advancement opportunities if you don't mind to travel.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I learned how to read prescription, i learned how to check glasses, how to fix glasses, i learned to enter data in the computer, i learn to read vision insurance.
Munkahelyi kultúra
JC Penney Optical was a place where you could grow as an employee. There was on the job training and so much encouragement. Selling eyeglasses and giving customer service was actually fun
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is good experience but that's about it. Very low salary and no raises is what I've been told by other workers And the manager. You only get commission for certain things you sell. The amount of money they give you with commission is a joke. The managers throw you out there with little training to work by yourself. They will make you do what a manager does without the pay. Only offers 20 hours a week, maybe 30 if you're lucky enough. The manager I worked with was rude to me in front of customers. I would not recommend working here.
Munkahelyi kultúra
JC Penny Optical was a great place to work! I love my optician and the Dr. in our office! I had to leave for personal reasons and the management and dr had changed by the time I was able to come back so I choose not to, but while I was there I very much enjoyed my job! The customers were fantastic! Rarely saw a rude face and they were very appreciative of my help! I loved working in an office setting and would love a job like this again!
Great customers
bennefits and pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
overall it's a pretty good experience paid time off good management pretty easy going customers great doctor friendly staff apart from optical, in JC Penneys