Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Hair Stylist

Munkakör megnevezése
Hair Stylist323 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
323 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 22 787 értékelés megtekintése
Working in JCPenny Salon
I work in JCPenny salon for three years. It was my first salon job so i was fresh out of school so i was nervous. i worked on weekends and was very busy the only style i didn't really do was weaving. I worked my way up to a senior stylist and was very proud of my self because i came a long way.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Excellent...for the most part.
I found, specifically in my smaller location, that management neglected the Salon. We were left almost completely to our own devices, shared a manager with another (bigger, busier, and therefore [to them] a more important) location. I saw her maybe once every 3 months and then was questioned as to why certain aspects of the company's salon culture weren't being adhered to. We weren't told about competitions, we weren't told about further training, we weren't told about anything unless we dug it out ourselves, and that was complicated without manager access. The STORE manager was great and did her best to help us out. But, as soon as the salon became a separate entity from the main store, her abilities were limited.
When I had to move out on to the floor, we were so understaffed. We had one associate per department, no matter how busy it was. And it was the holiday season. The stress of being screamed at by customers on a daily basis, and being held accountable for the lack of progress I was able to make while dealing with literally everything in my AND other's departments was too much for me, personally, at the time.
Pro érvek
Inclusive, flexible hours, complaints listened to
Kontra érvek
salon management absent, lack of informative time with leadership
work
Your team members are up lifting and have your back. The salon is there for each other and its like a family in there. If you dont know something one of your team members will help you out.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Extremely grateful to be working for this company!
Great company to work for. Very flexible with hours as well as Job Security. Transferring out of state was a breeze! The company has been very helpful in building up clientele no matter what location you work at!
JCPenney
This job has helped me grow professionally. They have provided in many occasions to help the work environment feel secure and as a family . When there is any issues it is fixed in a professional manner .
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
1,0
Terrible
Never enough business for the 36 stylist that were Employed at the time. Had to share work stations. Place was dirty and got fined by the state. They promise a livable wage but you start out at $ 7.25 an hour. Out dated training which was watching old videos. It is like any other corporate salon just over priced chop shop.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Salon needs more flexibility with hours
Fun company, fun people. Always something fun going on to inspire employees, great employees discounts. Lots of potlucks. Simple dress code, everyone is a team player.
Low wages
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was ok for fresh out of school .
Great for begging in the beauty industry , however the traffic wasn’t too busy . Hours aren’t full time . Part time only , managers changing constantly .
1,0
Poor Management
Management is poor .There is no support from manager , no guidance, help , motivation or nothing. Leadership skills are not good . Manager is rude . For not want to listen to ideas of the other Stylist. It's only about what's best for her .
Salon
The salon employees work together to encourage each other as workers and as individuals. There’s always opportunities for continued education in our field
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love what I do at work
I get to meet new people on a daily basis, and help them with their needs. Mainly I am working in the beauty industry where this is never a dull moment. Hair and beauty is my direct interest.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The best are my clients that I’ve been able to build..to be in such a positive environment
Jcp is one of the best companies I’ve worked for as a master stylist..I have two jobs because I’m single and love people..As a company we are family..The company has great benefits overall..Management and the stylist time helps one another to grow and achieve..
Terrible management
The store manager is a tyrant and customers and staff find her to be very rude and short tempered. She is not friendly at all and often times come off as mean, impatient and too busy to help customers. I see why the store is empty all of the time!
Munkahelyi kultúra
The company is struggling as whole it seems
This is a stressful place to work. Every thing, was up in the air. When I say this I mean, there is always a new manager who didn't have a clue, leaving most employees feeling lost and insecure as far as pay, and benefits. Paperwork was always messed up.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I learned more customer service skills from employees at the salon. There was a very good vibe at the salon.
There were a lot of stylist, so I didn’t get as much clients as they did. There was only one manager meaning if we needed to talk to her we had to set up an appointment to do so.
Jc Penny
I worked in the salon and loved the environment and my co-workers but could not get along with management. Jc Penny felt it was best to hire someone with more manager experience than they had in the hair industry and any salon who thinks that way will loose both clients and stylists
JCPenney Salon
I have worked for JCP twice at the same location. Rumors of store closings makes for low morale. The stylists are fun. A nice work family. Open 13 years, was better earlier. 23 stylists, too many. Clicky. Stylists with some unethical behavior ie. taking as many walk ins as possible. Seems like a hair mill. Monthly coupons freebies
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have learned things there but that was because I made sure of it
It was a little slower than what I was use to and it wasn't worth traveling so far and not have sufficient clients.I did enjoy watching what other stylist created.
Pro érvek
Watching other stylist at work creating and changing people's lives.
Not enough business
Great Company to work for
The typical J. C. Penney Stylist makes $11 per hour. Stylist hourly pay at J. C. Penney can range from $8 - $15. This estimate is based upon 5 J. C. Penney Stylist salary report(s) provided by employees or estimated based upon statistical methods. When factoring in bonuses and additional compensation, a Stylist at J. C. Penney can expect to make an average annual salary of $26,589 . See all Stylist salaries to learn how this stacks up in the market.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Needs work on supplies, front desk, and overall structure
The salon department is a joke Corporate Has no idea how to run a salon, which leads to the salon being neglected hardly any backbar or color and huge turnover
Great place to work!
I started working In the stockroom at Jcp in high school. I then moved out to the floor for a couple years while attending Cosmetology School. I now have been working in the salon for 10 years! I love this company and couldn’t imagine working somewhere else!
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés