Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Cashier/Sales

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
754 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 23 327 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Ever since I started working here, the management have always been kind and understanding. My training from my first few months here gave me experience to do really good at my job. All the coworkers are friendly and easy to get along with. I’ve learned so far that providing the customers helpful customer service is what makes them appreciate you for what you do. The one thing that I have not appreciated from working here is the company’s minimum wage and small annual raises.
Associate Discount, Friendly Coworkers, Flexible Hours
Kontra érvek
Still paid minimum wage, Raises not often
Munkahelyi kultúra
The managers were so awesome!! The entire store was about helping each other. The work was very fun and was easy. I especially loved working on Black Friday.
Great employees and discounts
Hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
I began working at JCPenney in 2019 and receive the minimum wage pay of $13 an hour. I think the pay is ok considering you aren't doing too much. Management is great and helpful as well as my coworkers. The establishment is big and always clean and security is always watching, so I feel safe, too. The only problem I have is I'm often assigned to work at the register alone and because my JCPenney is in a mall, it's always so busy. No one is around to help me with the long lines and customers often get mad because there isn't anyone else but me. If I were to call management for help, they would sometimes take a while to get to my floor. But it's not their fault, it's just that there really are no sales associates being hired. I also am expected to reach a certain amount of credit card applications because that's what mainly counts if you don't want to be fired. So, whenever I'm on the register and don't meet the certain amount of applications required, I get stressed.
Pro érvek
Good break time, good pay, good for beginners
Kontra érvek
Sometimes stressful, not enough workers, credit card applications are an issue
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun working environment. Good leadership. The workers are friendly and helpful. Flexible schedule. Will work with you if you have other things going on.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I've been with jcp for over a year and it was my first retail job. It had plenty of ups and downs but, all in all, it was a great experience. Minimum wage was the deal breaker for me, but the flexibility, experience, and relationships built were worth the time.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management had poor communication, unprofessional and rude behavior. Racial profilling made it uncomfortable to work in that environment. Huge turnover rate.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun to work here for your first job but after a while, the management got worse and they only pay minimum. The managers were super nice at first but then showed their true colors.
Munkahelyi kultúra
● Work-life balanceThey are flexible with student schedules.● ManagementDecent when it comes to successfully running a business, but could use some improvement.● OverallThe community is made up of great people that make the job environment fun and welcoming. I feel highly skilled and secure in my current position, but feel as if my fellow associates could be trying a little harder with their customer service.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I’ve worked here about a year now, and I stay because I love my coworkers and I want to get more cashier and sales experience. The customers can be vicious, but management will back you up. Holidays it’s always busy. The pay is basically minimum wage, and the company is going down a little. The worst part is the Credit Cards. You have to get credit cards daily, especially if you’re a cashier. Every 25 customers you need to sign up one for a card. Obviously it sounds easy in theory, but most people don’t want another credit card. You get $2 for everyone you sign up, which is some kind of commission, but you start to feel like a shark, preying on people who are easily manipulated into thinking they NEED a credit card.. all in all it’s not an awful job, but it’s retail. I get 20-30 hours a week and they work with my full time school schedule well.
Pro érvek
Associate discount, competitions with prizes
Kontra érvek
Not many benefits, low pay, credit cards
Munkahelyi kultúra
● OverallI worked At JCPenney for over a year. April 2021 would’ve made two years. The job wasn’t hard at all , but the amount of tasks the managers would give were overbearing. I would run and entire floor by myself and have over 10 different duties in one shift. I feel as if the pay doesn’t amount up to the job and tasks I was assigned to.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a fun work environment meeting new people and even setting a client base was awesome. Some of the people I recognized on a weekly basis and they were good. The co-workers were very helpful at getting adjusted.
Sometimes Free lunches.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved my job there, but because of covid i never went back and i’ve tried contacting them.. i also didn’t like that i was getting paid less than other workers i have 2 kids and need a fair amount of income
Munkahelyi kultúra
Jcpenney is a good job for every high school student it was my first job and gave me a lot of experience within moving up for the company and within that also came a nice pay
Provides breaks
High expectations
Munkahelyi kultúra
Definitely not the best job I’ve ever had. That might be because I’m used to fast pace work. Please do not try and go to a retail job and you’re used to fast pace work your feet will hurt all the time and will spend most the time standing around doing nothing which will drive you crazy. The pay was OK for only working a five hour shift which is all they would let me work being a sales associate. The hours went by so slow. Some of my coworkers were very rude, And thought very highly of themselves. You ask for help and most of the time some people want to help you.But the main take away from this job I would say, is if you cannot Have at least Three or four customers sign up for a JCPenney’s credit card don’t expect to keep your job because they will terminate you in the first month Without even telling you.
Eh pay
Less than 30 hours a week, only one 15 minute break, & rude co-workers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everyone was friendly, the managers will always watch over their employees. Great experience working with jcpenney, wish I had stayed on a little longer.
Friendly & diverse
Kontra érvek
They don’t let you take your breaks, and at the end it’s coming out of your pocket
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very welcoming , customer friendly , great attitude, great benefits, good discounts, great environment, very responsible, organized neatly, helpful hand
Beneficial, Associate Discount, Good Job Career
Preparing and restocking display
Munkahelyi kultúra
They do not respect anyone and maneger and supervisors always buss you and always you see them on floor to buss another employee, they never respect you in front of customer and they will fire you soon of work if you have more than two complain.
25% discount for employee
Kontra érvek
Less paid with low hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Horrible management who picked favorites, management itself was very rocky because most of the managers are new. Fun coworkers. The managers and company really only care about credit and if you get applications you instantly matter. If not you are threatened to have your hours cut.
Good discount
unprofessional environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Training practically on your own, managers act bothered when asked a question. Other than a few favorites management acknowledges, the rest are treated poorly.
Pro érvek
Easy hiring process, good employee discount
Kontra érvek
Management not interested in helping the employee improve.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Do not put all your trust in this company. It's a mild stepping stone to help you get where your looking to go................ ........Strongly advised plotting on a better oppurtunity.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s a good place to work to gain experience. I worked part time so they scheduled me when I was available. Some of the employees could do better by doing the job they were hired for.