JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Assistant Manager

40 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 21 623 értékelés megtekintése
Hardest part of the job
Assistant Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Holyoke, MA , Meriden CT, Farmington CT2019, július 20.
surviving the stressful challenge of the need for strong in person customer assistance expected by the customers in an environment that cant afford the resources due to on line sales shifts.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
it fun to work with customer service . meeting different people
Assistant Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  San Antonio, TX2019, július 1.
i work hard and push credit to make goal or more , also do more then whats expected and im still getting paid unfairly . ive been there going on 3 years now and still getting 10.75 . Ive gotton paid more for doing much less as customer service or att. manager .
Pro érvek
its a great place to work at and i love it there
Kontra érvek
some times the people running the floor should nt
Great Place to work
Assitant Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  California2019, március 4.
I have been with JCP for 14 years and love it! It’s a great company to start out with for your first job. Flexible hours. Work life balance is great. Great company to work for.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 3Jelentés
Very Customer Service Driven Company
Manager Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Barboursville, WV2019, február 26.
JC Penney is huge on creating a great environment for customers. They strive to bring in new customers, as much as keeping the ones they have. You're required to greet EVERY customer, and offer assistance. I believe that's a great quality to find within retail. Unfortunately not every store has that atmosphere.
You are rewarded for hard work. The managers take the time to call you out on a great job, and that's not something I had ever encountered before.
Hours depend on performance and availability. So if you are performing poorly, your hours will get cut. Most of the positions are part time, and that's posed a problem with myself.
Pro érvek
Great work environment, Rewarded for a good job, Opportunity for advancement, Competitive pay
Kontra érvek
Mostly part time positions, Hours being limited
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
coworkers are nice
Assistant Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Reno, NV2019, február 22.
This company is a good part time jobs for high school students. But if you need a full time job and better pay then this job isn't for you. They are super flexible with hours. They are really bad at training, I had to learn everything on my own with very little help from my co workers
tv in break room
Kontra érvek
no full time, low pay, bad at training
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Northridge, CA2018, december 12.
Good place to start working. Let’s their associates grow in customer service and teaches employees how to grow to become a better worker in any retail stores
Good managers
Short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Made to feel like a failure
Assistant Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tulsa, OK2018, november 1.
Corporate expects you to have things planned 3 weeks in advance without giving you the proper tools to do so. And then they change things at the last minute- almost every time.

No work/life balance.

Pay was a living wage
Pay was a living wage
Kontra érvek
Not given proper tools to succeed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Waterbury, CT2018, szeptember 28.
Assistant Manager, stock, reviving, send product, cashier, deposit , pack and more more dont have any more to said about Jcpenny.. you can contact teen
1,0
Where do I even start...
Assistant Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CA2018, szeptember 26.
Pros:

- Moderately good compensation and benefits. Liveable wage (for management at least) and the benefits were acceptable.

- Employee discount is generous. 25% if you pay cash and 15% for other methods of payment, which is really good when compared to other retailers.

- There were a lot of very sweet customers. Yes, we did get a LOT of bad apples that came in to our store, but I never had a day where I didn't have a positive customer interaction.

Cons:

- Poor management. The management strategy was laughable. No one seemed to know what was going on in the store. You're largely left to deal with problems on your own with no guidance and are reprimanded when you make mistakes (when you were given no instruction on the task to begin with.) For example, we would hire cashiers and give NO training on how to use the register. Absolutely none. Associates were expected to "figure it out" and were looked down upon and gossiped about when they asked for more help.

- Poor company culture. On the outside, JCP presents itself as a company built on team work and collaboration. In reality, this is a dog eat dog company. I was told by a long-time employee at my store that you HAVE to throw people under the bus to survive in this company. I was appalled. I watched this culture bred low morale, low productivity, and complacency for the store's well being. Hard working and honest associates were regularly reprimanded and punished for things out of their control. There was a complete and utter lack of respect for anyone below the management team. There are a few good people
  több... in JCP's stores, but as a whole, the bad apples outweigh the good ones.

- Poor company strategy. There's little you can do as an associate to make up for JCP's poor merchandise purchasing strategies. I saw the store put out a rack full of bright purple Levi jeans in July. I love purple Levi's as much as the next guy, but our customers sure didn't and I watched each pair of them get marked down and put in clearance at the end of the season. And that was just one example. Merchandise was constantly being marked down and moved to clearance where it would sit until we liquidated it. Customers simply don't want to buy our products. And as an associate, there's little you can do to fix that.

- Lack of training. They made a habit of hiring people with little to no retail experience (you get what you can get, I guess, when hiring minimum wage associates), give them maybe 4 hours of orientation on HR policies and things they're legally supposed to tell their employees like safety policies, then they'd match them with a training buddy (another minimum wage employee who received no training) and put them in a department and say "good luck." This is why, when you walk in to any given JCP, the lines are long and the cashiers are overwhelmed. There is literally no company system in place to train associates. Oh wait, there is. There's a whole website the company gives their stores with training videos and worksheets and resources. But the thing is, you have no access to that as an associate. You're expected to be out on the sales floor for your whole shift, not on a computer, silly you! I heard from another associate that she was told to come in on her day off to watch the training videos! Unpaid! I've never held a job where the training was unpaid. Especially for a minimum wage, dead end job.

- Little room for advancement. As a sales associate, you have few channels in the company in which you can advance. It's either get in good with management and maybe you'll be noticed and promoted, or you're going to be a cashier for your entire time at this company. Even for those who are pro-active and motivated to move up and do well in the company are under valued and forgotten.

- Disorganization on every level. There was never a day where I went in the store and things went smoothly. There was always a hitch in plans, always a missing component, always something going wrong. No one seemed to know what was going on and even the management higher up agreed the company has little vision for the future, which created a vicious cycle where we were constantly playing catch up and there was never enough time to plan for the future.

Overall, I'm glad I got out of this company while I could. Too many people are tied down to this sinking ship and I don't think it will end well, what with the stock price reaching an all time low and rapidly sinking. I fear it may be time to say goodbye to good old Penney's.
  kevesebb
okay benefits, PTO
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 9NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Dedication and hard work rewarded
Assistant Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  United States2018, szeptember 21.
The role of any salaried employee at JCPenney is challenging. Long hours, holidays, covering for business needs, and dealing with opportunities in the retail industry.
Day to day challenges depend highly based on business mix and size of the store for the role assigned.
I have been in multiple stores, each have felt like a family and have been easy to dedicate a large portion of my time to.
Pro érvek
Good comp/ben packages for full time employees, training, and culture
Kontra érvek
Large cap company focused on razor thin expenses, high levels/frequency of change due to leadership and industry overhauls, and do more with less mentality a function of their position in the market.
Munkahelyi kultúra
fun work environment with little work/life balance
Assistant Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Aurora, IL2018, augusztus 7.
not a great place to work and raise a family. no work/life balance. expectations are to work as much as possible to get the job done. no exceptions. ..
fun work environment
work/life balance, pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
it was a very busy place
Assistant Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mays Landing, NJ2018, május 29.
the optical was int the middle of JC penney . So i saw a lot of people . I love who I worked with . This job was was the one that made me pursue my career in optics .
Pro érvek
meeting all kinds of people
could not shop
No chance for growth
Assistant Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fredericksburg, VA2018, április 18.
Worked here for over 10 years, have had no opportunity for job growth. Not happy. Work a lot of hours, and do a great deal with customer service. Our store was one of the most successful in the area, and I put a lot of hours in to make that happen.

My hourly wage was capped at $18.00. No offer of more after years of service, or promotion availability. Moving on.
great sales associates
work family life difficult
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
A good Place to work.
Assistant Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hiram, GA2018, április 6.
Jcpenny is a good place to work when the retail season is in high demand but when the holidays are over, people tend to loose hous and you can not live like that. but unfortunately people do not have the skills to do anything else.
Pro érvek
The company gives a great discount
like of hours
Large scale company
Full-Time Manager's Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Johnsburg, IL2018, február 13.
Very busy work environment. But I got to work with a number of great people. I was given a lot of responsibility, which made it a good learning experience.
Discounts
Compensation
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive an enlightening work experience.
Assistant Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Macomb, IL2018, február 3.
Great work place to grow and develop in. I learned a lot from this company, one thing I learned is a great Work ethic goes a long way. Management was fairly hands on, which was very beneficial when it came to teaching employees the ropes.
The work place culture is your typical retail environment. The hardest part of the job for me was disciplining employees at times.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and served.
Pro érvek
Great coworkers, made the job very enjoyable.
Kontra érvek
It was often a slow pace environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good pay, tough personal life balance
Assistant Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Philadelphia, PA2017, október 27.
Can be fun if you can stay above the "noise" and focus on driving top line sales. Tough to get time off and the expectation is that you are answering emails 24/7. Not a lot of consideration for personal life.
good pay
no time off
No work/life balance
Assistant Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fresno, CA2017, szeptember 26.
No balance of work and life. No longer a company that there for their associates. Only worried about what RATING they get. Hard to get upper management to see it from the stores eyes and whats happening .
Meeting new people
no balance
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
after school job
Manager Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Valencia, CA2017, augusztus 23.
JCP is a place to work for if your going to school and you need little money in your pocket, they will work with your hours as well.
you meet new people, they treat you like family.
Pro érvek
free food sometimes, events, holiday and appreciation
15min breaks
JcPenny
Assistant Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lafayette, IN2017, július 17.
This is one of the best company's that I have worked for in a long time. It you looking for a company to grow with and to utilize the skills that you obtained through your career search this is the one. Retail is a very hard and consuming job but what you put in it u will get back. We have a great management team and all wants to see growth in company and personal.
Pro érvek
great pay if in management
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van