Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Assistant

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
45 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 23 327 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great team culture, job variety and management that cares about employees make this an excellent entry or re-entry into the job market. Very diverse employee base offers experience and fresh perspectives to keep things fun and interesting.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The managers are very supportive and see potential in employees. You develope bonds not only with employees but customers too. Being able to help customers is the most rewarding.
Pro érvek
You develope long time bonds with employees & customers and great discounts.
Kontra érvek
Some customers can be rude
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall wasn’t too bad, pay could have been a little better as long with the management. But other than that thing there were good. I don’t have many complaints.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Over all the company struggles for a long term vision and I think this will impact future fresh talent and keep management in a rut for the foreseeable future.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyed learning and cross training in other departments. Enjoyed working with management to decrease defective inventory. Learned a great deal about inbound and outbound shipping and receiving.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not many associates, which makes it hard for everything to be done in a timely manner. Also, lots of work and not enough pay. Very stressful tasks, and no recognition for associates. Upper management needs more experience on how to run the store, handle customers, and associate problems without favoritism.
Munkahelyi kultúra
good company to work for. Moved my way up in the company, started out as an temporary employee, got offered a job, and then applied internal for a bigger role that also paid more could of kept on going however i want to pursue continuing my education. built a bond with my supervisor, wanted to give me the lead position. if they see you put in the work and deserve it you will be rewarded.
advancement, pay
sometimes heavy lifting
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice environment , great job to work at. Good people to work with, good co workers. They work great with your schedule, great management. Nice job to start as a retailing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working for this company. That is until my location got an inexperienced new store manager. There were many reliable hard working employees that were bullied out by other staff members and the new manager acted before researching and asking questions. I witnessed an amazing team get torn apart and I was caught in the cross hairs. I opened a case with the internal affairs group of JC Penny along with others. I had moved up so quickly with this company and had hoped to work there till retirement like my mother. I was heartbroken to go through this experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was hired as a "Seasonal". I am now Assistant to the Supervisor of Window Coverings & Mattresses. I am also Assistant to the Supervisor of Fine Jewelry. I have been with Penney's for less than 3 years. Love this place!
25% employee discount; excellent HR Supervisor
Having to work on Thanksgiving
Munkahelyi kultúra
JCPENNEY was an interesting place to work. I love my co-workers they were like my family. We all helped each other whatever the situation was so I liked going to work. Now Management was a different story there were some managers that were like family and others that weren't. And the top managers were always leaving.
Loved my co-workers
Kontra érvek
General managers always left and we had to start all over!!!
Munkahelyi kultúra
I’ve worked at the JCPenney Logistics center in forest park as a Detail Assistant for three years and was let go over the most ridiculous reason. I was on lunch break and I had an extremely loud driver outside my door so loud to the point I could hear his whole conversation with another driver. I told him to lower his voice because he was disturbing other people in the office. After my lunch break I assisted him with his paperwork and he asked for the phone number to the office to check and see when his trailer will be ready. He literally called the phone two minutes after he left to check on his trailer after I told him it could be ready anywhere from 24-48 hours. The next day I come in and my coworker on first shift told me she had to change the signs outside the office because this same driver called that morning and complained to my manager that the signs on the door, which have been there before I worked there, were unprofessional because it stated that drivers should disturb others in the office if the sign shows we are on break. After going through my day I talked to my supervisor about the situation and was told I should send my manager an email about my side of the situation which I did. Later in the day I was told the trailer from the driver was ready but the lead of the department didn’t know how to dial outside the building so I told him I would do it myself. I called this same driver to let him know his trailer was ready and he asked me why I was calling his phone and unless I’m my coworker from first shift or my manager I shouldn’t be calling his phone. Mind you - több...
Paycheck
Kontra érvek
Poor Management, Human Resources, poor work life balance, stressful, low compensation
Munkahelyi kultúra
You came in through a specific door for employees, I was issued my in-store pager and then I clocked in. I had to wear this pager for my complete shift. Go to my office and pick-up the inventory guns and begin the inventory process of the jewelry area. After that the store would open and the day would begin.
Pro érvek
I didn't have to work no weekends, except during inventory time.
N/A
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job can be fast-paced but it's not complicated. You have to be motivated to serve customers. You are expected to do your part to help the store meet its sales goals.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Mostly Warehouse/General Labor Jobs. Management seems to know what is going on, high turn over in the labor areas, Management stays a long time 15+ years.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to start working and gain experience. JCPenney is a positive workplace and never a boring moment. Enjoy supporting team and assisting providing customer service.
discounts
working hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
my overall experience started at Jcpenney in a very positive and productive way. As the years go on, Jcpenney has to do better with the company as far as communication, listening skills, leadership, and confidentiality. Jcpenney as a company needs better work ethics and really think about the people they invest in and not in a discrimination way, just invest in those that will make the company go far and not just because you need the work done but also have it done proper way
special occasions for departments
Kontra érvek
gets a little warm and constantly walking and standing
Munkahelyi kultúra
Calm , Sometimes long lines but customer service we provide is excellent. Management is an excellent crew . I learned more about retail ans the different departments.
Breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at jcpenneys was assisting customers and keeping departments clean, however there were days where the general manager worked. he will most likely be the downfall of the store on the basis of his attitude. he has caused many good associates to quit in the year that hes been there. If it had been one of the ten other managers to move into that position, the store would still be in great shape and a wonderful place to work. They made the environment comfortable for customers and easier for the workers. they ran the store while the old gm was in and he gave them enough room to show their skills and progress. Now that the gm is luke, its not even worth working there anymore
Munkahelyi kultúra
...I worked with there buying office, assisted with inventory control for several departments. ...implement plan-o-grams per department ...Good management ...hardest part, not knowing when I don't have a job ...Great co-workers and nice workspace.
DISCOUNT
N/A
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was a job that wasn't secure but did offer more benefits then many other jobs. Jobs came and went due to the shut down of many Warehouses. So job security was never set in stone
Pro érvek
Paid time off, working with alot of team plyers
Kontra érvek
Some departments would come and go, never knew if they were going to send your particular job to another city, sickness policy, paid time vacation