Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Appliance Technician

21 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 22 253 értékelés megtekintése
Have fun
The management team is extremely lazy, And uneducated in their departments. Never any help around. And if you call a manage be prepared to be yelled at like a child in front of customers.always waiting till the exact last minute to get things done. And when they don't it's never on their poor planning it's on that the employees weren't working hard or fast enough. Besides theanagement the co workers are great
Jcpenney
Working at Jcpenney was fun. Associates were helpful. I got paid good at first but without telling me, got a payout.
What I loved is Jcpenney worked around my schedule.
stressfull
A typical day in the job was about attending customer. Show customer the characteristics and different appliances. I learned how to deal with different kind of people
great place to work
Management easy to work with, good discount, easy work, employees can try to throw you under bus. Flexible schedule. Lower pay if on sales.floor. customers great.
Pro érvek
store discount, easy place to.work
not enough hours
Productive & Fun at Times But Low Pay & No Real Job Security
This company was a fun place to work at times but some managers were not pleasant and created a stressful working environment. The pay scales for most employees were all very low and some managers claim their pay was also very low. There was hardly any opportunities for advancement even after many years of service.
Great Company Discount
Low Pay & Little Opportunity for Advancement
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Great place and people
Job was fun and staff is great but pay is low and hours are bad. Schedule is terrible. Great for part time work and atmosphere is nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Horrid company.
This company is going down the drain do not work here. the management was terrible their HR department does not give a care about employees, and there is little to no chance for advancement or pay raise.
Pro érvek
there is no pros to working for this company
Kontra érvek
everything you can think of.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Trust me, you don't want to sell appliances for JCPenney.
PROS:

• Good discount

• Co-workers are friendly

• Decent prices (most of the time)

• Decent product selection (when available)

CONS:

• JCPenney just switched to a hilariously low 1% commission for appliances, dropping base pay by as much as $4/hr. in the process. JCPenney wants (and refuse to hire anything but) good, experienced appliance salespeople, but only wants to pay them $10.75 an hour—well under the competition (even with commission).

• Leaders will regularly try to pull you outside of your department—even after the switch to commission. Despite assurance from management that this would no longer continue to happen after the switch.

• You will be expected to perform a large number of duties that don't fall under your job description, but won't be compensated as such.

• You will regularly be asked to move, install, or put out appliances, despite not being provided proper safety equipment or safe conditions to do so. You will be expected to do this while helping customers.

• Scheduling is atrociously bad—team members are often forced to sort it out amongst themselves when a team member is scheduled outside their availability, despite it being input correctly in the system (and despite repeated attempts to make management aware of the issue.)

• JCPenney will hire anyone and everyone (except in specialty, where they are extremely picky.) Many leaders are not qualified for their roles and it shows. Many associates are high school kids that frequently don't show up for work (exacerbating the scheduling issues).

• JCPenney provides laughably
 - több...
Pro érvek
Good discount, friendly co-workers, decent prices (most of the time), decent product selection (when available)
Kontra érvek
LOW pay, poor management, lack of support
Fun place to work at
If you aren't helping at the registers with check outs you have to be on the floor recovering and assisting customers. I learned how to maximize my time and the customer's time while in the checking out process. The coworkers are one of the enjoyable parts of the job. One of the hardest parts is the low amount of hours that they give us.
Hard to get along with
Working at jcpenney was one of the worst jobs I have done. The environment is very pressuring and all of my coworkers thought they could get away with anything. At my store specficly, it was infested with roaches and ants. It was very disgusting place to work.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
This companies management staff has no respect for their employees. They yell at you in front of customers before finding out what the situation is.
Worst place I have ever worked. Management staff can not be trusted. Treat employees like they are stupid, yet they can never answer a question. They have their favorites, who get more hours each week and are allowed to take extra breaks while on the clock. I have COPD so at times I need to use my inhaler. One day I was so busy on a register I was unable to take my 10 min. break. After I rang everyone up that was in my line I leaned up against the counter, used my inhaler and did my deep breathing. A manager came by and said I needed to fold the towels on the tables instead of just standing around. Where was she earlier? She could have helped ring up the customers.
Pro érvek
Many of the employees are friendly and helpful. Most customers are friendly.
Management personal.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great deals and coupon friendly for associates.
Relax and friendly, all about the numbers and quotes, sell, they stand by thier products will accepts just about all exchanges and returns. use coupons
discounts are great
Kontra érvek
not enough hours for the pay, all associates are part time.
Poor Business Ethics
JC Penney is a company just like the rest, they're only looking out for themselves. There's no room for growth and advancement, and the culture needs a MAJOR shift.
Horrible Management
The management at the Poughkeepsie, NY location is absolutely horrible. They show no acknowledgement of hard work and there is no communication between management and associates.
Munkahelyi kultúra
There is no such thing as being hired for certain department.
I'm going to start off my review by stating this, I've worked retail for over 10 years now and use to the "retail life" and all the pro's and con's that comes with that said life style, but heed my warning when I say this, they only care about that darn credit card application.

-I was hired for a specific department on the second floor, a specialty department and I was basically never in my department because I was constantly bouncing all over the store assisting other employee's with "three and out" calls.

-Coworkers are straight up cut-throat, they've had the credit card application process drilled in their heads so much that's all they care about. I was working freight early one time and the gentleman behind the counter complained he had no assistance with cashing people out. I decided to hop on the register and as soon as he saw that I was good at talking with customers he told me that he didn't need my help anymore, even though there were 5 people waiting in line.

- I had a coworker who tried to purchase things on the register, literally punches out and starts ringing her self out on the same computer.

-Training applications never worked, you will be constantly pestered to do them, however the the app would never work on the ipad, told management about the problem, would get blown off, they go on vacation, cycle repeats.

-Only good thing I can say is that the pay was decent due to my resume and you always received an hour break if you worked a full shift.
Pro érvek
Long lunch, pay was decent.
Kontra érvek
Constant bouncing between departments, Credit Card applications.
Good Place to work
JC Penney is a cool place to work if you like clothes, the discounts on their products are great.
I found that it was a laid back atmosphere as long as you consistently get your work done.

The management was reliable and understanding.
Very Interesting
This job shows a lot of favoritism. Although you may work extremely hard, there is not much room to move up if you are not a favorite with certain people. The position that you do move to are not an increase in pay, it is just an increase in stress. The coworkers are amazing but management needs some work.
Warriors moral boosting team
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great way to gain sales experience
As a Major Appliance Specialist I have had the opportunity to test my knowledge that I gained from my education. Management is great and wants you to succeed. While I believe that the base pay plus commission system could be better organized, the overall experience gained from this position makes it worth the time.
Productivity
Typical workday at JCPenney-
1. Assistance with announcements over the intercom for customers to enjoy all of JCPenney's benefits while shopping.

2. Answering questions and promoting sales in the appliance department as well as handling customer issues and complaints.

3. Assistance with checking and processing jcp.com orders with my supervisor.

The hardest part of my job-

Not being able to help further when your customer issue has escalated to the highest authority it can possibly go in the appliance department.

The most enjoyable part of my job-

The ability to share my knowledge on appliances with my customers and seeing there smile when they purchase his/her kitchen or washer and dryer set
Management is terrible
Job isnt neccessarily hard, but management is terrible. don't know how to communicate. Have no job security. Breaks are sometimes cut short due to needing help on thke floor. Very understaffed & often doing others jobs because there is no other employee there to do it. Also when helping out others all the time, there is no raise available other than your scheduled department hourly rate.
Great enviornment
I've worked here for quite a while and have gone from shoes to appliances and have done everything in between. I greatly enjoy working here. All the managers are great and you feel like you can actually talk to them about anything. All my coworkers are great too and the customers are usually enjoyable to help.
További JCPenney-értékelések megtekintése
Esetleg próbálja meg ezt:
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés