Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Westland, MI

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
27 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 23 344 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
before most of the lod’s quit and it came into the new year (2018) it fell off. you don’t really have a set department that you’re in, you could be working in women’s and the next day you’re working in .com.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you’re anything like me, you can get managers to work with you and give you a different schedule. Most people don’t get that luxury though. Pay isn’t the greatest but it’s something.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was excited at first but it became very clear, very quickly that things were not as great as they seemed. No organization, less management and more like bullying, low pay, and my manager threatened to fire me when i called off.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job was alright I liked the wages but everything is unorganized including the hours ,the dress code was unclear The manager had really no consideration for me as a employee
Breaks, lunches
Unorganized scheduling
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was fun. Not enough money. It was okay for the time being. It was a fun environment. Irate customers can ruin it for workers. I would work there again, but only in management.
Fun
Not enough money
Munkahelyi kultúra
In the interview, I was told not to worry about the pay because it was easy to get incentives from selling portrait packages. That was not true because a) you need hours at the studio to take photos/sell packages, b) the overall quality of the photos vs the cost are a joke, so it was near-impossible to sell the packages that gave you incentives, c) the environment isn't conducive to getting people to spend $100s on cheapy "canvases" of knock-off Photoshop collages. My manager was more interested in doing what she wanted, scheduling who she liked more and generally not being very helpful. She'd schedule 1 or 2 people on a busy weekend and then ask you why no sales were made. The schedule was put out with no notice and sometimes you'd be "on call" with little to no notice if you were needed. My hours were eventually cut down to 4-8 a week with no explanation.
some sales experience?
poor management, poor equipment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Had fun there it was a different experience but I liked it a lot and I liked the people I worked with as well as the company. The company was good to the workers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I use to work there only for seasonal but i was amazing the coworkers are amazing The human quality was perfect Thank you JcPenney for the amazing opportunity!!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Would recommend to others. they will work wit school schedules. Team goals set daily. overtime given if requested 2 weeks in advance. Team member discounts and pros with begin with company. Always did employee of the month raffles. Great job insensitive. Management was friendly and welcoming. Sometimes we worked an extra hour at the last minute but that was never a problem because we got the job done as a team. Greeting customers was always a plus and made the day go by even faster then time scheduled.
Pro érvek
Friendly Management which was a huge plus. Daily raffles.
short lunch break
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved going to work every day. Customers and all staff supportive and fun to be around. Day to day operations, fulfilling and exciting,
Pro érvek
Always something new to do. A great learning experience.
Kontra érvek
Downsizing, hours cut, and I had moved.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good company before the closing of different stores. Each department use to have a department manager, but after closing many stores two managers overseer the entire store, difficult. The typical work day consisted of customers trying to bring back items used from decades ago without a receipt, lol. The culture was fun for which there were everyday morning meetings with celebrations to the employees. Employee appreciation was important but they began to forget about their managers. The hardest part of the job was during the holidays, you work all around the clock but you miss our those hours not being with your own family for the holidays.
Pro érvek
Employee Discounts on top of coupons
Kontra érvek
No hours not during the holiday, long hours during the holidays no family time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Since I've been at JC Penney for over a year, I've learned a lot about the job from sales, support, and pricing. Its not the work that I like but the people that I work with. The hardest part of it all is trying to get everything accomplished all at once.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working as an optical manager it was new challenges daily, I loved helping new and previous patients with their eyewear and contacts. Helping select new frames. I enjoyed working with my staff.
meeting new people
n/a
Munkahelyi kultúra
Arrive on time, interact with members of management and supervisors on a limited basis, given ability to take care of the customer at my discretion, solicit new credit/charge accounts, cross sell items not available in the store, through jcpenney.com, hardest part of the day dealing with difficult customers, most enjoyable is making sales and satisfying the customer.
Pro érvek
Retail job with great discount
Kontra érvek
Work nights, weekends, holidays, and miss seeing my family
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at JCP was varied. You go in to work in business casual, badge in, put your smile on and go to meet the JCP world. Some days it was crazy, people were everywhere, and you are in constant motion, helping customers find what they were looking for, sharing your knowledge about the products to help them with their selections, then ringing them up or placing a catalog order for them or calling other stores to find what they need. On busy customer shopping days and days we were making big department changes we would joke about people paying for a gym membership- when they could just come to work at JCP and get their work out! Other days it was quiet so you can check and organize stock, call customers regarding merchandise they wanted to be notified about, straighten merchandise and arrange displays. On really busy days, lunches and breaks sometimes did not happen, on schedule, if at all in commissioned departments- this happened much less frequently in non-commissioned areas. Management was hot and cold. As I was there for several different store managers I saw what a difference different store managers styles made. My favorite ones were the ones that told you what their expectations were and then let you do it, with no micro-management. Most supervisors and department managers were awesome and we all worked together, visiting with each other while we got the task done, and always kept an eye out to put customers first. Most mornings there was a store meeting- they varied over the years from little pep rallies, parties for various happenings, to boring readings - több...
Pro érvek
Working with the public!, Got to work with a lot of interesting people, associates often interact like family, customers can be very interesting and fun to deal with, Some days you interact with customers at the cash wrap all day, Some days you are doing displays and interacting with co-workers., Nice to be able to move around and not have to stand in one place.
Kontra érvek
Holiday hours are the worst part of retail, Be sure to wear comfortable shoes as you will be on your feet, Sometimes communication especially regarding coupon use - is inconsistent
Munkahelyi kultúra
The wage is honestly the hardest part about the job at it is a minimum wage job if they payed more I wouldn't mind it much.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Unload truck repetitious stock ... co-workers are helpful for the most part lack of communication is the worst part constantly secluded Changes even when on shift with out being informed
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day work would be helping customers, putting away clothing/stocking. It wasn't a very hard job but it was productive and kept me busy.I learned customer service skills and how to apply for a charge card and gave friendly and great customer service.
Health care
Munkahelyi kultúra
While I worked at JCP, I was able to put my multilingual skills to good use. Since I worked in the Fine Jewelery Department, I was called in to work an extra hour here and there to help Deaf couples find engagement rings, so I was the go-to interpreter for them. I was very pleased that management saw my skills as valuable and was happy to pay me an extra hour or two for when I was called in to help.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was my first job in 2 year time off for unemployment so I was grateful for it. It was just a seasonal job but it was fun at times. I worked in the jewelry department and sold care plans with the jewelry. Then I was moved to the children's department where I worked as a cashier. My jewelry manager was ok but the other manager was very nice. I learned how to work in customer service and how to sell care plans. The hardest part was selling the care plans because people may not want it. The most enjoyable part was when I went to the children's department and saw all of the babies and kids coming in.
Pro érvek
lunch, breaks, free gifts for the holiday
Kontra érvek
no healthcare benefits, lower pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
i loved working there if i could i would go back in a heartbeat i loved the staff and the customers even on my worst days i always had a smile on my face when i came to work it was wonderful job
the people and staff