JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Vancouver, WA

40 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 22 084 értékelés megtekintése
Work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Vancouver, WA2019, augusztus 21.
Its repetitive, but it's a job. The atmosphere is good. Its competitive, you must know a lot, but you also go through training in the first 2 weeks, so you'll be fine. Overall, it's pretty good position. You get to make your own schedule, ect. Love it.
Pro érvek
Make your own schedule/hours. 25% discount to employees.
Repetitive duties.
Fun
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Vancouver, WA2019, július 17.
I enjoyed working at JcPenney. This location was very organized and the managers were very professional. It was a great work environment and I loved working at the cash registers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lack of communication with management
Sales Omni asscioate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Vancouver, WA2019, május 28.
The management at my location could hardle answer questions, for example if I was asking about holiday pay for a specific holiday my management would almost never know. Our store hasn’t been remodeled since 1973 when it was built and it isn’t the safest or cleanest environment. Our freight elevator permit experience over a year ago and a lot of this is out of our management teams hand so I would say the company itself is more profit driven than customer and associate driven.
Pro érvek
Occasional lunch is brought in on special occasions, birthday celebrations
Kontra érvek
Raises are extremely rare, no PTO for the first three years you work, lack of integral managemnt
Horrid Management
Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Vancouver, WA2019, április 23.
Management is rude and unwilling to help you out. If you get confused or are doing something wrong without knowledge that you are, you are met with very rude and belittling supervisors. Were not willing to train on other things so I could take more hours or shifts. When I was let go there was absolutely no notice I was just not on the schedule anymore.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not sure what direction they are going in
Area Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Vancouver, WA2019, április 23.
At first, I loved working for the company. Over time, it was clear there was no solid direction. I was there for four years and we had three CEO changes.
Decent, Horrible Management
Merchandise Execution Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Vancouver, WA2019, április 15.
Been here for almost two years, straight out of high school to help pay for school. When I first started, management was great; they really helped you out and didn't demand a lot out of you. However, if you really slacked off, moved at a slow pace or did not get them their stupid credit card applications 'iCAPS' they would cut your hours in like half and you would be blacklisted. Many times there would be just one floor associate for long periods of time and they would expect you to clean the entire store (fitting rooms, fold clothes on tables) as well as keep up with great customer service. As I am closing in on my two years, management has gotten to a point where they pretty much 'harass' you to the work a specific way and yell at you if you're not or even if you're talking to someone for a few minutes, they flip; even though they do it all the time. Not the worst place to work, definitely not the best.
Pro érvek
Flexible hours for college students
Short hours, LOW pay, Management
Life of JCPenney
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Vancouver, WA2019, április 9.
I started out as a cashier. It fluctuates between busy and slow, but that mostly depends where management places you.
Then i moved to a fitting room person, i cleaned out the dressing rooms, and put the clothes back where they belonged.
After that i moved to recovery, where i go around the whole store cleaning it up by folding clothes and reorganizing the product.
All the while i had some early morning shifts where i placed stock out onto the floor.
Pro érvek
wi-fi, break room, friendly staff
scheduling
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
It is retail
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Vancouver, WA2019, február 12.
I think that if you are a student needing a job to get you through and generate a little income or someone who needs employment experience, retail is the way to go.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work with great people, but not a place to settle
Sales Associate/Merchandising (Volt alkalmazott) –  Vancouver, WA2018, szeptember 23.
I've been working with the company for two years now as a sales associate. JCP has taught me a lot of really useful skills in customer service and merchandising, and the people you work with are very nice and easy going. It's a great opportunity if you're starting out as a first job and an easy one if you're trying to balance school or another job outside of JCP, but there are barely any opportunities to advance.

It does not matter how hard you work to get your tasks done, cause at the end of the day it's still all about how much credit apps you're able to sell to customers. Remember this is a corporate business so if you're not making money for those in higher up positions, nothing else matters. Sure you do get recognition and a $5 off coupon but that's it. Do not settle for this job.
Pro érvek
easy, fast paced, fun work environment
low pay, no advancement
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
You never really know what to do, and when there is nothing to do you have to make something up.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Vancouver, WA2018, szeptember 7.
Usually I would get my tasks done quickly and efficiently and have the rest of my shift to not really do anything. Even when there is no one around you still get in trouble if you are just standing there chatting.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 2Jelentés
Lack of Encouragement and Poor Leadership
Product Expert I (Volt alkalmazott) –  Vancouver, WA2018, augusztus 2.
Leadership needs improvement at best and is falling completely apart at worst. There is zero positive encouragement to associates from leadership; they rely heavily on negative reinforcement to "encourage" associates to meet unrealistic goals. Leadership allows customers to verbally assault us in fear that they will turn and report our "wrong doing" to corporate.
discount
Kontra érvek
short breaks, negative environment, poor leadership
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast moving and highly competitive
Sales Associate/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Vancouver, WA2018, június 28.
Working for JCPenny, I enjoyed the position, but the environment was difficult for me to work in. There was little training with an expectation of a high learning curve. The management didn't work well with providing employees with the information about how to succeed the way they wanted, and were very pushy and abrasive when it came to selling credit cards.
Decent first job
Customer Service Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Vancouver, WA2018, június 19.
I think this would be a decent first job for adults starting in the workplace that don't have to work or don't need to work full time to pay all the bills. I also think this would be a good job for teens coming out of high school that aren't yet financially independent. They are open most days of the year. Customer service is priority. This is a retail sales environment and employees are encouraged to offer credit cards to each customer and are recognized regularly for their numbers. Mostly, customer service reps can expect to sell, recommend, show and educate customers on products and services. During downtime, there is always cleaning up to do. The fitting rooms, displays, folding and hanging clothes and moving product from one area to another per manager request. Reps can either sell items directly or order them and have them shipped online. They offer part time hours, except for management, and mandatory hours on Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Every once in a while there is a raise, although I met a few long timers that were being paid $2 less than what the new hires came on with. There is a lot of employee turnover and teams change constantly. I would recommend getting yourself a good pair of professional walking shoes for those concrete floors and you can use your employee discount to buy them.
Pro érvek
theme days or weeks, occasional potlucks, there is always clean up work to do in downtime, great employee discount
Kontra érvek
Inconsistent schedules, often scheduled to close/open next day, no benefits, no full time, lack of mgmt direction, regular theft, standing/walking on concrete, no PTO, irregular raises and extremely small, can not afford to live alone or pay all the bills
Never work there again
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Vancouver, WA2018, február 12.
Didn’t enjoy working. Loved the people but I couldn’t stand the management and the way things were ran. Very confusing starting out. Won’t be going back
Fast paced
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Vancouver, WA2017, szeptember 6.
Multi-tasking, fast pace, 90% customer interaction, not a lot of career advancement opportunities, low hours, little to none over time, even during the holiday hours are fixed so no one works much over time. Hours are cut before holiday and during holidays everyone is given long shifts. Basically only really making up for lost money from weeks before. But can be a fun place to work with constant changes.
Pro érvek
Employee discount, sometimes free lunches
Kontra érvek
No benefits, not many hours
Seasonal Position
Support Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Vancouver, WA2017, augusztus 26.
This particular JCPs was alright but the management and communication was lacking. It does pay a little over minimum wage and the discounts were awesome. I can't say how it's changed over the years but when I went into this particular store it seemed more disorganized than when I had worked there.
An okay job
Selling Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Vancouver, WA2017, május 15.
It's not too hard of a job, but you need to know how to be good with customers and give them what they want. Coworkers are great, best part of the job
Pro érvek
Lunches, breaks, coworkers, meeting people
Kontra érvek
Always on your feet, bad customers
Basically every retail job
Sales Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Vancouver, WA2017, február 6.
Got tons of hours since I started right before seasonal kicked off, but once January came around we were severely understaffed and hours got cut drastically. Our leaders of departments were so nice and fun to work with, but upper management only cared about you if you got tons of credit apps. Witnessed a fellow coworker get let go because of made up accusations by other management as well even though he had exceptional performance at work. That never sat well with me especially when they tried to act like nothing even happened. Best time to work here is during seasonal, you will have plenty to do. Expect shifts and hours to get cut otherwise.
Pro érvek
Hour lunches on long days, flexible time off
Kontra érvek
benefits only given to full time, management was shady at times
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7NemJelentés
Workers OK, Management not OK
Salon (Volt alkalmazott) –  Vancouver, WA2017, január 9.
All of the lower level employees were fantastic to work with. Most LOD's okay to work with, however everyone I talked to didn't like the store manager and agreed the person under him was essentially the store manager since they did all of the duties of the store manager.
Great People
Store Manager
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
always busy at work
Portrait Studio Photographer (Volt alkalmazott) –  Vancouver, WA2016, november 12.
We were always kept busy taking photos and making people happy then you had to make a gallery for the customers and show it to them. You kept a smile on your face and made others happy!
discounts on clothes
always around people
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van