Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Vancouver, WA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Vancouver, WA42 értékelés
42 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 23 229 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great team. To far of a drive for me though. Not enough hours. Great place to work though and the people are really caring. Can't complain at all about this job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job was the best I’ve had. I enjoyed going to work every single day be able to help people find what they need. When customers came in to jcpennys they knew what they came in for it was just my job to help
fun people to work with
heavy on having to constantly get credit card apps

holiday hours are a must, they are long and tiring and very busy

needed more hours on a regular basis, schedule often changes
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its repetitive, but it's a job. The atmosphere is good. Its competitive, you must know a lot, but you also go through training in the first 2 weeks, so you'll be fine. Overall, it's pretty good position. You get to make your own schedule, ect. Love it.
Pro érvek
Make your own schedule/hours. 25% discount to employees.
Repetitive duties.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working at JcPenney. This location was very organized and the managers were very professional. It was a great work environment and I loved working at the cash registers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management at my location could hardle answer questions, for example if I was asking about holiday pay for a specific holiday my management would almost never know. Our store hasn’t been remodeled since 1973 when it was built and it isn’t the safest or cleanest environment. Our freight elevator permit experience over a year ago and a lot of this is out of our management teams hand so I would say the company itself is more profit driven than customer and associate driven.
Pro érvek
Occasional lunch is brought in on special occasions, birthday celebrations
Kontra érvek
Raises are extremely rare, no PTO for the first three years you work, lack of integral managemnt
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is rude and unwilling to help you out. If you get confused or are doing something wrong without knowledge that you are, you are met with very rude and belittling supervisors. Were not willing to train on other things so I could take more hours or shifts. When I was let go there was absolutely no notice I was just not on the schedule anymore.
Munkahelyi kultúra
At first, I loved working for the company. Over time, it was clear there was no solid direction. I was there for four years and we had three CEO changes.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Been here for almost two years, straight out of high school to help pay for school. When I first started, management was great; they really helped you out and didn't demand a lot out of you. However, if you really slacked off, moved at a slow pace or did not get them their stupid credit card applications 'iCAPS' they would cut your hours in like half and you would be blacklisted. Many times there would be just one floor associate for long periods of time and they would expect you to clean the entire store (fitting rooms, fold clothes on tables) as well as keep up with great customer service. As I am closing in on my two years, management has gotten to a point where they pretty much 'harass' you to the work a specific way and yell at you if you're not or even if you're talking to someone for a few minutes, they flip; even though they do it all the time. Not the worst place to work, definitely not the best.
Pro érvek
Flexible hours for college students
Short hours, LOW pay, Management
Munkahelyi kultúra
I started out as a cashier. It fluctuates between busy and slow, but that mostly depends where management places you.
Then i moved to a fitting room person, i cleaned out the dressing rooms, and put the clothes back where they belonged.

After that i moved to recovery, where i go around the whole store cleaning it up by folding clothes and reorganizing the product.

All the while i had some early morning shifts where i placed stock out onto the floor.
Pro érvek
wi-fi, break room, friendly staff
scheduling
Munkahelyi kultúra
I think that if you are a student needing a job to get you through and generate a little income or someone who needs employment experience, retail is the way to go.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I've been working with the company for two years now as a sales associate. JCP has taught me a lot of really useful skills in customer service and merchandising, and the people you work with are very nice and easy going. It's a great opportunity if you're starting out as a first job and an easy one if you're trying to balance school or another job outside of JCP, but there are barely any opportunities to advance.

It does not matter how hard you work to get your tasks done, cause at the end of the day it's still all about how much credit apps you're able to sell to customers. Remember this is a corporate business so if you're not making money for those in higher up positions, nothing else matters. Sure you do get recognition and a $5 off coupon but that's it. Do not settle for this job.
Pro érvek
easy, fast paced, fun work environment
low pay, no advancement
Munkahelyi kultúra
Usually I would get my tasks done quickly and efficiently and have the rest of my shift to not really do anything. Even when there is no one around you still get in trouble if you are just standing there chatting.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Leadership needs improvement at best and is falling completely apart at worst. There is zero positive encouragement to associates from leadership; they rely heavily on negative reinforcement to "encourage" associates to meet unrealistic goals. Leadership allows customers to verbally assault us in fear that they will turn and report our "wrong doing" to corporate.
discount
Kontra érvek
short breaks, negative environment, poor leadership
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for JCPenny, I enjoyed the position, but the environment was difficult for me to work in. There was little training with an expectation of a high learning curve. The management didn't work well with providing employees with the information about how to succeed the way they wanted, and were very pushy and abrasive when it came to selling credit cards.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I think this would be a decent first job for adults starting in the workplace that don't have to work or don't need to work full time to pay all the bills. I also think this would be a good job for teens coming out of high school that aren't yet financially independent. They are open most days of the year. Customer service is priority. This is a retail sales environment and employees are encouraged to offer credit cards to each customer and are recognized regularly for their numbers. Mostly, customer service reps can expect to sell, recommend, show and educate customers on products and services. During downtime, there is always cleaning up to do. The fitting rooms, displays, folding and hanging clothes and moving product from one area to another per manager request. Reps can either sell items directly or order them and have them shipped online. They offer part time hours, except for management, and mandatory hours on Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Every once in a while there is a raise, although I met a few long timers that were being paid $2 less than what the new hires came on with. There is a lot of employee turnover and teams change constantly. I would recommend getting yourself a good pair of professional walking shoes for those concrete floors and you can use your employee discount to buy them.
Pro érvek
theme days or weeks, occasional potlucks, there is always clean up work to do in downtime, great employee discount
Kontra érvek
Inconsistent schedules, often scheduled to close/open next day, no benefits, no full time, lack of mgmt direction, regular theft, standing/walking on concrete, no PTO, irregular raises and extremely small, can not afford to live alone or pay all the bills
Munkahelyi kultúra
Didn’t enjoy working. Loved the people but I couldn’t stand the management and the way things were ran. Very confusing starting out. Won’t be going back
Munkahelyi kultúra
Multi-tasking, fast pace, 90% customer interaction, not a lot of career advancement opportunities, low hours, little to none over time, even during the holiday hours are fixed so no one works much over time. Hours are cut before holiday and during holidays everyone is given long shifts. Basically only really making up for lost money from weeks before. But can be a fun place to work with constant changes.
Pro érvek
Employee discount, sometimes free lunches
Kontra érvek
No benefits, not many hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
This particular JCPs was alright but the management and communication was lacking. It does pay a little over minimum wage and the discounts were awesome. I can't say how it's changed over the years but when I went into this particular store it seemed more disorganized than when I had worked there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's not too hard of a job, but you need to know how to be good with customers and give them what they want. Coworkers are great, best part of the job
Pro érvek
Lunches, breaks, coworkers, meeting people
Kontra érvek
Always on your feet, bad customers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Got tons of hours since I started right before seasonal kicked off, but once January came around we were severely understaffed and hours got cut drastically. Our leaders of departments were so nice and fun to work with, but upper management only cared about you if you got tons of credit apps. Witnessed a fellow coworker get let go because of made up accusations by other management as well even though he had exceptional performance at work. That never sat well with me especially when they tried to act like nothing even happened. Best time to work here is during seasonal, you will have plenty to do. Expect shifts and hours to get cut otherwise.
Pro érvek
Hour lunches on long days, flexible time off
Kontra érvek
benefits only given to full time, management was shady at times