Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Tuscaloosa, AL

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Tuscaloosa, AL26 értékelés
26 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 23 161 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a nice job for high school students. It doesn't pay much and it's part time but it's laid back and not real busy until the holidays. It was a decent job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The GM can be hard to work with, as he thinks he’s always right and resistant to any new ideas or change, and occasionally lashes out at employees for making complaints or challenging him. There are never enough people scheduled, so you are expected to do the work of 5 people and never get your own work done. The company has no money to bring in more people, so being there just feels like a burden and the GM always tries to guilt people for complaining about this issue. There have also been many promises of promotions that have never followed through
Flexible schedule
Kontra érvek
No room for growth, false promises, bad management
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked here part-time for almost two years as a second job, and it was so much fun! Management at my store was great about working around my full time job schedule. They had rewards for upselling, and contests and drawings with great prizes. The employee discount was the highest in the mall, so dressing for the job was fun and inexpensive. I would work there again.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My manager was horrible, but I didn’t hate the job. I just didn’t get as many hours as I would have liked. I wish my manager would not have micromanaged or I would still be there today.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
This company is going downhill FAST! At my store in AL, our new GM is running things differently than I have ever seen in a retail environment. I was offered a promotion with a raise, but when I asked when I would be starting my GM said he was unsure if the position would continue to exist at our store. However, he admitted to saying, in a meeting I did not attend, that they needed to find someone to fill that position. They don’t promote within. They hire brand new people to fill advanced positions. They take advantage of their employees. I was responsible for FOUR jobs (merchandising assistant, cashier assistant, managing jewelry, and pricing/signing) for the same wage I was being paid as a merchandiser with no other responsibilities. When I told my GM I felt taken advantage of, he said, “Taken advantage of is the perfect way to put it!” He didn’t offer a raise or any solutions. JCPenney doesn’t mind abusing their employees and getting as much work out of someone for as little money as possible. Do yourself a favor and find a different place to work!!! Plenty of other retailers out there that pay better, value employees, and promote from within!!! Especially if you’re looking at the Tuscaloosa store for employment.
Coworkers, discount
Kontra érvek
Low wages, overworked, no promotions, false promises, credit applications
Munkahelyi kultúra
SAYS ONE THING BUT NEVER FOLLOWS THEOUGH WITH AGREED UPON ARRANGEMENTS MADE WHEN HIRED. Pay is not excellent. Job security is always in question. Never trains you for the job, as they should.
5 hour shifts
Amount paid pre hour!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice place to work, nice hours, great discount. Communication between leaders and team is great. Great perks with credit applications and online ordering.
Discount
Munkahelyi kultúra
I work on the truck team so early mornings. That being said, I'm out by 10 or 11am everyday I work. It's pretty laid back and you are able to make decisions on your own. Management could be better, but that is a struggle where ever you go. They work well with your availability and dealing with the public is sorta nice especially when you know everything about the store. It is a very easy job, but you do have to use your head whether you are a manager, cashier, merchandiser, or on the truck team. I love working here, but I think it is my time to look for a new one so I can grow.
discount. direct deposit.
Kontra érvek
management. not promised hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is great for high school or college students that do not need to support a home. However, if you are looking for a career to support your family, I would recommend looking somewhere else.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working at Jcpenny This was a part-time job while I was in college they worked around my schedule. This was like a family when I worked for them.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Jcpenney was my first job and it was great, the customers were always so nice and patient. It was a great experience for me. I loved what I did and as I stated before it was a great experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
two or three days to work in the morning it is very comfortable to work with cashman to make sure everything counting for balance and make deposit in the bag for the bank. Employee, and manager are very nice culture. I do quick paced and feel good I like part that job for cashman.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Depending on the time of the year the environment could be slow or fast. Easy to learn customers who always shopped. The benefits were a bit expensive but the discounts were better.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Arrive at work and start with clients, communicate with clients and learn information about others, management could be a lot better especially salon manager. The workplace is diverse, the hardest part of the job is working with clients that want to come in and get something for free, complaining about hair styles, etc., the most enjoyable part of the job of course is when you can go in and have a good day satisfying you clients.
Pro érvek
you can make your own hours
Kontra érvek
most of the money goes to the company
Munkahelyi kultúra
I haven't worked there in years but it was a classy place to work around the holidays and they were good at training new people. I enjoyed having to dress nice.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I Worked at the JCPenney in Tuscaloosa Al, and had a really great experience. very flexible and fun. would love to return back
very flexible
Munkahelyi kultúra
Typical day at work is arriving, unloading the merchandise from the truck, organizing it by brand, size, etc. Hardest part of the job is TRYING to put out the merchandise because the sales floor is really unorganized and there's no recovery. Which makes it really hard to replenish new merchandise on top of "old" merchandise. Not to mention for the amount of work being done, pay should be more than $8/hour. If you're really into merchandising though and learning what it's like behind the scenes at a department store, then this would be a decent introduction for you.
Pro érvek
Employee discount, flexibility with scheduling
Kontra érvek
management doesn't seem to care, aren't hands-on and lack of communication; no advancement opportunities
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for JC Penney was very challenging for me. I was able to enhance my world class customer service expertise. I loved my co workers.I gained more retail knowledge than ever.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a good place to work but the management is not what it used to be a couple of years ago. Everyone that works there is pleasant to be around.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Place items out in the store and help customers. Assist co-worker on sales floor. Stock and organize stock room, put items into computer system.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is alot of fun. I have alot of contact with customers which is great!
get paid hourly/ commission