Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: The Woodlands, TX

20 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 22 253 értékelés megtekintése
festive
They would decorate for the Holiday's and dressed up too. There would be a special coupons on Black Friday's that was limited and where placed into gift bags that were given to the customer's.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you like to move and are task oriented this is a good fit.
I use this job as a means for movement and exercise. The hours work well with my current obligations. Good for students, and those who need flexible work hours. Could make a career starting in this position, however, not a career in and of itself. Certain managers are more friendly/helpful than others. Work within a team, but independently within the team. Great if that's your cup of tea. Bring your own work ethic, show up, and it will work out great.
Pro érvek
Active job; part-time available; small discount
Kontra érvek
Somewhat friendly, but leaves a lot to be desired.
Munkahelyi kultúra
During the two years I worked at JCPenney, I noticed that even though the associates came and went, the focus on making sure the customers left elated remained. It was fun talking to the customers and getting to know them while also maintaining great customer service.
Pro érvek
prizes if we applied someone for the JCPenney card, free food on holidays
Kontra érvek
short breaks, not very organized for tasks
Nice place to work
I loved working for this company. It was a great experience and I was glad to be able to learn and grow as an employee. I would love to work here again if given the opportunity.
Good place
It was a good place to work at. Good experience as well. People here was nice. Customers were nice as well. Very clean & well organized place to work.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work for new stylists. They are trained by the best In the industry.
I loved working in the salon at JCPENNYS.

I learned a lot I’m a short period of time. Clean atmosphere, and the discount was awesome. The clients were nice and professional. Tipping is allowed; which helps a lot in the beginning when you’re trying to build a clientele.
Training opportunities
Slow promotions
Munkahelyi kultúra
I'm not exactly sure how to rate this job
I'm not necessarily sure how you want me to rate this job, since I was fired for a ridiculous issue. I was given full permission from my mother to use those points.
Fast environment
Low pay and long hrs
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The worst retail job I have ever had (8+ years of experience working in retail)
Extremely poor and disorganized management. I never felt like I received proper training, I was thrown out on the floor on my very first day with no guidance or help. Many of the supervisors/managers are extremely rude, have horrible attitudes, and have on numerous occasions publicly raised their voice at me and put me down/humiliated me in front of other employees/customers. Little to no flexibility with schedules. You basically have to be a slave to this company. You are required to work on all holidays, all weekends, you are required to work even outside of the availability that you request. Sales floor/back rooms/break room/offices are always horrendously filthy. My health has declined significantly since I started working here and I always cough and get sick often since working here. But you are not provided with any sick days and being unable to come in due to illness still counts against you. Outdated and dirty fitting rooms (most of which are closed down), outdated registers, confusing price signage, no price scanners, poorly stocked, over-priced merchandise, broken television in the break room, and never enough available lockers for employees. Little to no recognition for good performance. Management is very negative, I only ever receive negative attitudes, negative feedback, negative energy, and no positive or constructive criticism or suggestions. Tools necessary for performing my job well (such as hand-held price scanners, printers, etc.) are always scarce or broken and I never received proper training on how to use them. Ghastly underpaid for the amount of work - több...
Kontra érvek
Horrible management, no flexibility with scheduling, far too much work demanded out of employees for terrible pay
worked here 5 years
good environment the people made it fun and they made it feel like family always had contest and celebrated any win the company had it was a nice neviroment very mass retail
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive work place, keeps you on your feet all day.
A typical day at work is having to come in and clean up the floor from last nights mess. Usually my day as a jewelry specialist, I have to not only be able to tend to my customer who are purchasing jewelry, but also check out people who need to be checked out in other departments, because they don't want to wait in the lines in the other two counters we have on the floor. I did learn many things working with diamonds, gold and watches. The management there can be a whole lot better than what it is now, they expect too much from the fine jewelry associates then they do of other associates. The co-workers that I had, were amazing, we all got a long and we helped each other out when we can. The hardest part of the job is when it is Black Friday and we have only one working register. Another thing that makes the job harder is when we have to put warranty on jewelry, but don't want to because of how bad the depot for jewelru repair is. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make new friends from co-workers and working with new material every time.
Pro érvek
Free Lunches, good benefits, good sales
Short breaks, no breaks
I was in management
My review was from a long time ago when I was in management. I enjoyed working here, but I know the culture has changed quite a bit since I left. It was a good job when I was there.
Co-workers
Pay, hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Every section was a complete mess.
They said in my interview they were flexible with scheduling and they weren't. The big issue for me was that they were VERY understaffed and everyone called in a lot, which then would turn back on you to work double shifts. It got so bad that they would call me on my days off and ask me to come in. There are quite a few mangers there and only two were super nice, the other managers were very rude and didn't seem to like training new hires. I felt that way, because I'm someone who likes to ask questions so I know and a lot of the managers seem to get very annoyed with that. Basically most of the managers have the attitude of they don't care about the job, and they would also every now and then go to have a smoke outside and they wouldn't even be on break. Also the sales are ridiculous, they mark prices pretty cheap and that causes a lot of stealing and situations with customers when they are checking out because some customers try to get it for even more cheap then what it is and most of the managers are ok with it. The sad thing is I really liked the employee's, they were all very nice and I made some good friends but it was too stressful to work there. I feel like I would've liked retail if I started somewhere else, possibly smaller and not a department store.
Pro érvek
breaks, will give more hours if needed
Kontra érvek
rude managers, understaffed, not very well paid
Munkahelyi kultúra
The people there weren't so friendly
I was locked in on the first day and from that day I didn't really enjoy my coworkers. The managers sometime seem uptight and rude. I like to work on my own which I basically did all the time there. It didn't feel like a family just a regular job.
Fun place to work
Cashier, and assisting customers with commits and concerns. I learned retail can be so much fun. Management was nice and very helpful. The store was located in The Woodlands Mall it was always busy so the time went by really fast. The hardest part about the job was the standing, and the most enjoyable part was I got the opportunity to work with and meet some interesting people.
Never a dull moment
Pay
work with you,
it was like a big family, the company works with your hours very helpful with opportunities for growth, i got to work a few different things in one place which kept it fun and interesting.
high turnover, low pay.
high turnover, low pay, doesn't work well with single parents, or work with you to work around your children or home life. Very cold to people that have very little help and need the job the most. Hours are more for students, elderly, or people that don't mind not seeing their family or being there for their children.
Pro érvek
it bring in some income.
Hours, pay, turnover rate
Working at Jcpenny
At Jc penny it was fun while it lasted I didn't get much days off but the work was fun . Everyday I learned something new and meet somebody new . I would love to work for them again.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The most enjoyable part of this job
The management and staff was really great the opportunity for advancement was very open. The customers always seem to be in a great mood because they were there for good reasons.
good seasonal job
I can say this job is great for a seasonal job, because of a good amount hours you will be working.
good atmosphere
short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good job to start of but management lacks
I like who I work with on the floor. Not many opportunities to grow. Too much pressure to get credit applications. Breaks are short. The pay is too low. Libbys are our new registers and its not going so well because of their connections.
discount, friendly co-workers
Kontra érvek
short breaks, fitting rooms, low pay
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés