Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Schaumburg, IL

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Schaumburg, IL37 értékelés
37 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 23 246 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Company is OK. but my location had managers and coworkers who genuinely care for you and help you out whenever you need it. Hours are great depending on what your needs are.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I stuck around for 5 years mainly because I was scared of leaving and not being able to find another job with the flexible hours that they allowed me to have. I loved what I did working in the early mornings, merchandising and doing sign changes. Sadly there wasn't enough people on our department to be efficient so we were always rushing and rarely got any new hires in our department.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This place wasnt bad i had a good time working there. The issue was that i have only claimed to work part time and during the week of Thanksgiving and Black Friday they made me work all week 5-8 shifts while still going to high school.
Munkahelyi kultúra
At first it was alittle hard to grasp everything, while learning how to use the register and keeping up with new products (Fine Jewelry) but I DID get the hang of it and I loved it especially around the holidays most of my co-workers were sweet to me but there were a few in particular who were very rude!
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working in the salon sucked out my soul and moving to a private salon was the best decision I ever made. I finally was able to charge my worth instead of doing all of the deals and coupons The Salon by Instyle inside JcPenny does working at the salon by instyle was like working for free and working for ungrateful customers . It took forever to build clientele, I had a full book within a year of leaving. I also more than doubled my income. I finally had an owner who was actually coaching and mentoring me and helping me grow. Getting out of penny’s was the best decision I ever made.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Manage a team of 5 experienced and professional selling associates. Drive sales to reach and pass event goals. Establish goals for each sales associate. Create a sales plan in order to make goals. Conduct weekly meetings with associates, monitoring progress. Solve customer related issues. Solve issues related to vendors. Create a friendly work environment where associates get along and feel comfortable coming to me with issues. Manage HR issues within the team and throughout the store as a whole.. Help sell when there is very high traffic. Very high customer service reports. As part of the management team I deal with issues throughout the entire store not just the selling departments Write weekly reports and present them during management meetings. Turned around a failing department where now we consistently beat sales goals by over +50%. Have a good rapport with store GM and district manager. Through great customer service we gained many loyal customers that come back for more purchases.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Honestly loved working for them but management made it very difficult to stay around. Because of my religious beliefs I asked for Saturday’s off to attend services and it took me about 4 months of working for them to finally work something out. When holiday season hit they asked me to work 3 Saturdays a month instead of one and we agreed it would only be for the holiday season. They never switched it back
Munkahelyi kultúra
I work as a customer supporter at JCP. My job includes taking the merchandise off the truck, sort through the merchandise for the correct department and then put it on the selling floor. Learing how to read or used the pictures for the item displayed. Helping out on the cash register when they are sort, or help put back the clothing from the dressing room back to the selling floor. Sort and clean the tables, rakes and back wall so it can be presentable for customers to get to. During the weekend, it going to be hectic. For the full 8 hours, you are going to be putting clothes back, and sort the tables, over and over again, help customers find the product they are looking for, answering customer question about credit card services. And because parents bring their kid in the store, you will find lost kids wandering around crying, so you have to call the manager for help. You will also be dealing with an angry customer who wants items that cost in the 50 or so price range but wants it at a cheap price. Again, you will get yelled at, humiliated and then you have to call the manager. Because of the lack of hours, people are going to kiss butt to management and try to find ways to get you fired or forced you to quit. It gotten to the point that I was having a panic attack just thinking about going to that job. In fact, I did have a major one until I have to call off the next day just to calm myself down. I was also getting tired of dealing with HR woman who likes to call people stupid in front and behind their backs and would threaten me about my job. Not worth it. - több...
Pro érvek
Discount on clothing. Free food only on Black Friday.
Kontra érvek
Sneaky co-worker. Management doesn't communicate with each other. Low pay. No regular shift hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Harassment Descriminatiob Low pay Not enough employees in fitting room Will make cashiers to work in fitting room Will take advantage of nice people
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyed employees and customer interaction, company had very competitive compensation packages depending on sales. management made sure to plan your schedules according to you lifestyle.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I hated working here they made us stand for hours and yelled at me to clean up a section again after I once cleaned it up and then they aren't understanding at all and paid me very little and gave me less hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a designer you worked 12 hours per day, 3 appointments per day, commissioned with turned out to be about $ 10 per hour; for an educated designer this was an insult; training not good enough, customer service not good enough.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you like to keep busy. This is the job keeps you moving time flies quickly. There very flexible with the work hours a great place to work for teenagers for people who need a part time job.
Pro érvek
Some days they bring food.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was a great place to begin my cosmetology career. They were really supportive of me being right out of school. They paired me with a mentor and helped me with clientele building techniques. It was awesome. Cons to working at Penney's was stocking shelves and down time. I didn't go to cosmetology school to do retail sales work. I just wanted to do hair and lots of it! JC Penney get the butts in the seats!
20% discount on merchandise even already discounted and sales items
Kontra érvek
Down times and stocking shelves
Munkahelyi kultúra
You have to have to be able to stand on your feet for periods of time . You also have to be nice n generous to the customers. That makes them want to come back to shop.
Meet new ppl
Cleaning up after
Munkahelyi kultúra
having fun at job give you more energy to show your potential at work friendliness and healthy environment make associate active to help customer very fast...
Munkahelyi kultúra
The culture at jcpenny was stressful. There were too many time constraints on unloading trucks and selling credit. The pressure to sell the credit card was unreasonable and unbearable.
Munkahelyi kultúra
JC Penney provided a good oportunity for part time employees. Commission positions received a benefit rate for vacation/sick time even for part time employees.
Pro érvek
Commission position was very lucrative during the holiday season
Kontra érvek
Commission position was very stressful during slow seasonsl
Munkahelyi kultúra
Woorkinf for the salon by instyle in JCPENNEY WAS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE I EVER MADE if I could get those years back I would. The false promises from way up in corporate down to in store management were underwhelming and heart breaking. Being told "we will bring you on full time with Benefits one you do a level jump in the salon" and then DOING THAT JUMP and not getting anything for it so heartbreaking. I live paycheck to paycheck as do most of my coworkers because corporate does not care about us. Complain and your hours get cut. No wonder this company is doing so poorly. 3 months with almost no color on back bar we had to FIGHT to get corporate to send it to us and it was a struggle it shouldn't be like that. Clients come first. THIS IS NOT THE SAME COMPANY IT WAS 10 YO YEARS AGO. It's a. Dying company!!! Low low pay (our top stylist makes under 40k a year) our salon manager makes 45k a year. It's a joke. You won't get PTO/MTO health insurance until you're over 30 hrs a week and they will keep you list below that so you don't get it.
Discount in Sephora
Everything else sucks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Jcpenney used to be a pretty good place to work, with various walk-ins and great education. In the last 2 years we hardly receive education and the walk-ins are scarce and you need to be cut throat to get them. Receptionists only give walkins to their friends. Jcpenney is no longer a company to grow with in fact it's not a place you want to stay with. Other Stylists gang up on each other and the culture is all around horrible. When approaching management they don't want to be bothered and tell you to discuss the problem with the stylist who is giving you a hard time. That is just completely unprofessional. I'm a little concerned why management wouldn't want a happier work place.That would make for more productive stylists and all around better environment. Also they want you to do the Sephora teams hair for $15 dollars. That includes all colors and haircuts.
discount
Kontra érvek
extremely competitive. Favoritism amongst stylists, stressful environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
The work is easy. You are either ringing or cleaning. It was my first job. I really enjoyed working with my coworkers. Holidays are the busiest. Wasnt too bad.