Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Portland, OR

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Portland, OR21 értékelés
21 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 22 920 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I liked working at the JCPenny salon. I had to leave because of family obligations. I would recommend working there. My sales associates were very nice and the management was great.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is the best big box retailer I have worked for. They treat individuals with respect and care about their employees.
Customers are always the priority and we take care of our customers.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
As soon as I was hired, my first shift was before the store opened by myself. I was told I'd get trained on how to work the cash register but nobody helped me. There were a few coworkers who were nice enough to train me, even though they didn't need to. I rarely saw the managers. When I had told them about the training thing as I was resigning, they gave me an excuse that, "training is boring and no one learns from it. so instead, we throw them out there to learn." That would've been fine if THATS WHAT I WAS TOLD.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working the holidays with Jcpennies was a lot of fun from building displays to tearing them down and building them back up. I enjoyed the customer service aspect of the job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at this company was not so bad. Although the managers there were very unfair in giving job tasks I always got my job done. I always had a work load which wasn't a problem. I didn't very much agree with the staffs decisions.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is not helpful when needed, no hours or paid vacation for partime associates. Good first job or student job................................
Discount.
Munkahelyi kultúra
NA I want to remain positive about JCP . I loved my position there but there was history with my new GM .My old GM and I had awesome rapport and the new one and i had negative histiory at our previous job
Loved my fellow Assistant Managers
Kontra érvek
I had worked with my new General manager at another retailer
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was generally fun to work at JC Penney. The staff made the work day go quickly. They had game and prizes, especially for the weekend staff, making it enjoyable.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not a good place to work. Low wages and no advancement. High turn over and poor management would not recommend it. Find a better place to work.
Lots
Munkahelyi kultúra
supportive management, work well with others.
Co-works are easy to work with, and all work hard with each other.

I learned that retail is all about customer service, it can be tough at times, but you have to go what it takes to make sure customers are happy, and we will be back in to visit the store.

The hardest part about the job, was all the after closing hours you have to do to clean up the store.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Jewelry sales was an extremely enjoyable position and
reaching daily sales goals had become a healthy competition between teammates which helped boost moral.
Great staff, generous hours
Wages were not great
Munkahelyi kultúra
I held many roles at JcPenney. But all of them included working with customers and making sure the store was presentable and ready for the day.
* check registers for money

* take customer calls

* help departments when needed

*Covered sick calls

*Answered phones and directed them to appropriate areas

* Help Security when needed

*Assisted Store Managers

Hardest part of the job was being on my feet all day

The most enjoyable part of the job was supporting staff and helping customers be successful in what they needed
Store Discount
Kontra érvek
Working weekends, holidays, and the pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was fun working at JC Penny during the holiday season. I enjoyed assisting customers on the sales floor and organizing the merchandise while also cleaning out the fitting rooms.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at Jcpenny for about a month for back to school season it was a very good first job and all my coworkers were so nice. I started out doing fitting rooms, than did recovery and the cash register.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work in Fine Jewelry at JC Penney, Inc. during the Christmas season consisted of showing the public the many different types of fine jewelry and watches that we sold on a salary + commission basis as well as sell jewelry care plans and store credit applications. I learned that I did not enjoy the competitiveness of the job. My manager did not offer advice in order for me to succeed in this environment. My co-workers who were regular staff, resented seasonal help as they saw us as a threat to their sales and commission. They did not enjoy the additional competition. The hardest part of the job was competing for customers with them. The most enjoyable part was serving the public as well as meeting other seasonal help so that we could give each other feedback and encouragement.
Serving the public
Kontra érvek
Competitive environment. I did not enjoy selling on commission.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I first started at the company, I was very thrilled and excited to be there. However, with the major changes they've been through within the two years I've been employed, there has been a major lack of respect for the employees that work there.

A typical day at work is something along the lines of:

-try really hard to go over the top at your job; the only feedback you get from anything is all negative.

-Always expect to have more projects thrown at you than is physically or mentally possible to do within the small time allotted.

I have learned a lot of skills with having to preserve myself in order to keep my job or get any hours. I came to this job with previous experience of being incredibly detail-oriented and organized. I'm not very well impressed with the management either; most of the "specialists" they have working are much more mature, intelligent, and responsible than the management they have chosen. From personal experience, I was lured in to taking care of a bunch of management responsibilities with a promise of a lead position; later I was told there would be no lead position, but I am expected to still do all the responsibilities without an increase in pay.

As with any work place with a lot of people, you will get a mix of fantastic and awful coworkers. I have met some very great people who were in a similar position to myself and others who can somehow stay employed doing nothing.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me is knowing that there are people who can respect your skills and talents and communicate; I also love to help people
 - több...
Discount
Sparactic inconsistent hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked on high-energy teams in two departments and learned about merchandise placement while operating the point-of-sale registers at the "cash wraps." I used my bilingual skills and developed my speed of processing sales. My co-workers were very proficient, and I learned new methods from them.
Pro érvek
there were a lot of change in the work process from day to day, and i enjoyed working with penney's customers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was so long ago that I worked there. overall, I remember it being a friendly place to work at. Great customers and peers. The most enjoyable part was in the heart of Downtown Washington DC.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working in the kids department a lot. Customers were great, I was trained well in many different departments, and I was able to feel a good sense of understanding of what was epected of me, and what I was required to do on a daily basis.
Pro érvek
structured breaks, and good perks.
Kontra érvek
not being able to sit down when needed, while folding clothes on bottom shelves
Munkahelyi kultúra
Some clients thought if they saw a picture that they could have their haircut or look like the image. Hairdressers job is very stressful not all clients will be satisfied can't please every client that sits in your chair. Outside of the salon a much more pleasant place to work.
advancement, job training
Kontra érvek
lack of breaks, lack of pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
I absolutely loved this job. I was hired as a seasonal employee during the holidays. When hired they say that you have the opportunity to become a permanent employee if you show up and work hard. I worked very hard, went above and beyond by doing things I wasnt asked to do, helping others when they seemed to need it. I was never late and never called in. WHen it came to the end of the season it was clear I had never had a chance to stay. They hired 100 people and barely kept 10.
Pro érvek
great management, helpful coworkers, fantastic discounts
Kontra érvek
no credit where credit is due, low pay
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés