Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Phoenix, AZ

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Phoenix, AZ96 értékelés
96 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 23 017 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
My experience was not the greatest towards the end of my employment. There were great managers and some that were not that great. If you are starting a career, Penney's is great for you to use as a stepping stone into work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They have a cap for all Department managers, lots of duties with low pay. No opportunities to move up unless you suck it up for your manager. Demand your life with nothing to show for it.....
Munkahelyi kultúra
Even if this was a temporary job they could have been nicer to me on my first day instead of practically feeding me to the wolves. The HR manager had no idea how to do her job and was always messing up the time sheets and did not have any communication to the temporary employees at all. They didn't even call to tell me that I had been laid off of the temp job I had to call them after two weeks of no shifts or communications. Not to mention fellow employees seemed upset and even fed up that they had to teach someone who has had no previous job experience how to do basic things that "you should already know" like how to use a cash register.
Pro érvek
Employee discount and long breaks
Kontra érvek
fellow emplyees are not patient or welcoming to new comers
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
while working at JCPenney's I also got to enjoy the benefits that came with it there was a Sephora and salon inside we had discounts throughout the store. And discounts throughout the mall!
Great group of people to work with.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved the interaction with co workers made work flow easy, would hardly get scheduled and other co workers had the same problem, management is terrible !
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
JCP is a nice place to work in regards to people (fellow employees), and work life balance. However, management is less to be desired, as the company has chosen to save money by cutting off their heads to spite their face. Most employees are PT except for management and supervisors. With that being said, that makes it extremely challenging/impossible to get any actual work done, to include scheduling is done by use of a workload planner, which when it comes to operations, this planner is a horrible tool to use as there is never enough time in a day to accomplish tasks like pricing, clearance, and complete dock procedures like truck. The operations team is mostly scheduled 5-6 hours a day, as well as the task team. When a person visits any of the competing stores, there are employees from the task team scheduled all day, but not at JCP. Management never listens when a supervisor presents an issue, and when they do they retaliate on the supervisor by telling them that they are making excuses. To turn the company around, I suggest for senior leadership and store leadership to listen to the employees. As employees are always on the front line and see where challenges are, and have good ideas to fix those problems. Secondly, make all positions full-time except for the voluntary part-time positions, therefore there will be complete coverage of the stores and ensured growth in productivity, which in-turn means increased revenue to the company. Third, stop "overstocking" the stores by making them dumping grounds for stores that have closed. Fourth, update the technologies and systems, - több...
Munkahelyi kultúra
Expectations are beyond reasonable. That are in DEEP trouble. DO NOT work for this company. Favoritisms is rampant and store leadership has no problem lying to your face.
Munkahelyi kultúra
the loss prevention dept is full of "arrogant" "college decreed" do nothings. they openly discriminate against any one over 45 yrs old. Lazy managers who expect their staff to produce all the statistics and double standards is the norm. The retail side of Penny's was the real professional side. store management cared about their staff . The loss prevention side didn't care less as long as they looked good. Loss prevention is a dangerous job, and when your manager is to scared to walk out the door with you there is a problem. very sad.
employee discount.
Kontra érvek
bad loss prevention management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Jcpenney seems to have a lot of favouritism. There is no guidance or direction to what or where you'll be working at the time of your shift. They then expect you to do yours plus 2 other peoples job and responsibility. It doesnt make sense when you first get trained it seems as if everything will run smooth but once you are out there you feel lost and unappreciated.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Starting off my first job at jcpenney had it’s ups & downs, i loved my coworkers & i loved going into work everyday, but i didn’t trust the management that much.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work that provided me experience to pursue further endeavors in the future. I was able to get a lot out of my coworkers and the management was always very helpful and understanding.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you're looking to gain experience in retail and need a flexible schedule this is would be it. Fairly simple job along with great returning customers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a great place to work as you were folding clothes its a good way to checkout what clothes you might want to buy later and nice discounts employers and management were very friendly towards one another I would recommend a friend to work there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
this was my first job I learned a lot and gained a lot of skills just a lot of drama with associates and a few people are mangers favorites but it is a good job to start of with
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job to work for with flexible work hours and great team members, they provide all the tools to advance within the company and support college students.
Munkahelyi kultúra
JC Penney was a great place to work for in the 80s and 90s.
Eventually started going down hill after that.

They didn't treat people with respect or acknowledge them like they used to.

There was retaliation when they said there never would be.

They threw away alot of good people when they let over 100,000

go per the ceo.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Love my position and the people I work with. Good Benefits.

Penney's use to be a name that everyone knew and respected, as time has gone by, due to the finical status Penney's got lost.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Holiday hours are horrible, management is all over the place and its very stressful due to Manager's. Hours change every week, and the budget for each week is different and never used properly.
Discount
Munkahelyi kultúra
at jcpenney you will find friendly people,great customer service and great experience shopping what you like, great deals,discounts, and quality.Management is great and very understanding,the hardest part of the job is dealing with bad customers trying to rob or get away with lies. the most enjoyable is making customers happy.
Pro érvek
good food, breaks are fair, nice coworkers and good rewards.
Kontra érvek
not always will you work full time, and no health insurance
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would NOT recommend working here. Not sure if it's just the location that I was at, but supervisors and management are HORRIBLE. On my first day someone stole a black trash bag full on levis and Nikes and they were not stopped because security was sitting in the breakroom the whole time. Also, shoes and electronics get stolen all the time and we were told to just throw away and ignore the empty boxes we found. I was told on multiple occasion to hide merchandise behind clothing and saw many employees doing so, in order to avoid putting stuff back in its place. They promise to work with your school schedule and pride themselves on that but they don't. All in all, it was very awful.
poor management, short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
I completely enjoyed working for my last department manager. He was very helpful in training his staff. It was a part-time position as the upper management said I had to be let go with the holiday help. After that the company let go of most of the department managers. I can say that working with different people has always been a joy but then there are those people who you would rather not work with.
Pro érvek
last dept. manager was awesome
Kontra érvek
let go because of holiday help
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés