Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Peoria, IL

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Peoria, IL25 értékelés
25 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 23 161 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working for Jcpenneys till I became permanent I messed up on counting the register and was accused of taking 2 dollars I was in shock by the fact my checks were like 250-300 I didn’t need to take vending machine type of money I understand I’m responsible for the money in the register but 2 dollars shouldn’t automatically make you think I took it especially coming off of Christmas time my check was 500.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management was terrible. They couldn't care less about their employees and would work them to the point of breaking them. Safety and we'll being is the farthest thing from their minds. I mean come on the ceiling fell through in my department on Black Friday and they forced me and one other employee to clean it up with threats of wrote ups of it wasn't cleaned up by open.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working in a retail environment can come with its situational stress, but working here (at least at this specific store) was stressful all the time. Recovery used to be the main focus until they started focusing more on earning credit card applications. As long as you manage your time between the register and the sales floor evenly, you should be able to get both of the jobs done and be home before 11 PM.

Other than the unavoidable, my store had a really fun staff to work with. Varying diversity between me and my coworkers put up no barriers for our work or friendships. Very friendly staff and management even under stressful circumstances.

Training is very simple but you get more than just the basics when you work here. I've had manager experience broken down to me when I was just a sales associate, so this is perfect for someone's first retail job if they need experience in all types of departments.
Pro érvek
Flexible scheduling, adequate break time
Kontra érvek
Stressful, credit card app orientated job
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great work environment. like a second family
not big on advancement from within store, usually brought people from other stores to fill positions. flexible hours
Awesome people work there
very low salary
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I honestly love working here. The managers are all great. You can't slack off and you'll probably be busy most of the time. The hard part is getting credit card applications and they are a big deal while working here.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I Liked the discounts the most I love clothes I enjoyed helping customers pick out things to wear for special events, There I learned inventory and stocking. Didn't really like my crew that much most where lazy so there where days I was picking up slack not a big problem shows leadership I didn't like not getting recognized
discounts
staff
Munkahelyi kultúra
I like it its a cool safe place to work at and you get awesome discounts. and you get payed more for holidays so im really looking forward to that. Its a good job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
supervisor was super great and working black friday was fun, they buy lunch all the time and have pot lucks they are open to opinions and work with you with schedules and have great discounts
discounts
Kontra érvek
old hair products salon needs updated
Munkahelyi kultúra
The workplace of Jcpennys and Sephora were great as far as getting to know the different personalities of the costumers. After working in the juniors department, I decided to transfer to the Sephora department due to me wanting to expand my experience in the makeup field. Unfortunately the management in Sephora wasn't professional at all.
Getting gratis
Poor management
Munkahelyi kultúra
this was my first jon and it was seasonal, it has its ups and downs but i strongly recommend it for anyone that's looking for a job, its a great start in a customer service.
fun to work there
learn to put costumer first and she get her Penney wroth

management is great they know what there doing

hardest part is then the costumer can find something they want

enjoyable is then the leave with a smile
Munkahelyi kultúra
JCP was a nice place to work. Really never had any problems with any coworkers or customers. They definitely care about their employees. Although, I find it upsetting that even though I tried to get transferred, even came in for an interview at the McAllen, Tx location, and they wouldn't hire me. Had been working with Penney's for almost a year and the Penney's in Texas still wouldn't hire me. Arrived right in time for seasonal too... Kind of bogus. But overall, good company.
Munkahelyi kultúra
JCP was a fun job that I really learned to hone my customer service skills with. I interacted with a lot of different kinds of people. The downside is that this is a retail job so sometimes during peak seasons you work long hours late into the night and it is hard to enjoy your holidays.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work, most of staff very friendly as should be in a customer service environment, will work around your schooling as long as you don't give your exact school schedule, Don't always take into account the time to get there or the fact that you may have to stay after to get additional help
Pro érvek
Easy access, along multiple bus lines
Kontra érvek
Everyone part time, no guaranteed hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
For the time that I worked at JCP, it did not take long for me to realize that this was not the place I felt I could advance in, or would continue to work for long-term. From my experience, if you had a personal relationship with staff, some employees were granted extra attention/opportunity for advancement. If you were only there to work, you were looked at differently, if looked at at all. The schedule most of the time didn't fit with what was going on outside of work/couldn't get fixed. Most areas of the store were usually not tidy, but weren't kept after by employees. Access to help requests for a customer often went unanswered, and assistance calls weren't responded to in a timely manner.
Benefits for part- and full-time staff, 401K options, employee discount
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I'm been with JCP for just over a year now. I loved it until recently. We have new managers that are rude. They have also been cutting our hours even though we are under staffed, and giving the newer people more hours even though they don't know what they are doing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I liked to be a cashier and a Customer Service Representative. Also, I liked to help people all the time. I would like to be a manager or go into Human Resources one day.
Helping People
Kontra érvek
I really don't have a lot of cons to my jobs.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job provided as a great way to learn more about retail businesses; I thoroughly enjoyed being given new tasks and mastering them throughout my time with this company.
They did, however, schedule me multiple time during school hours although I had changed my availability. It seemed very unorganized as a whole which caused myself and several of my coworkers to feel insecure about our jobs there.

I learned how to work well with coworkers and accomplish more as a team. I also gained confidence in my performance and got over my shyness around customers. I'm naturally sort of a neat freak so I would often be praised my managers for having a clean and organized sales floor.
Munkahelyi kultúra
In the little over a year that I worked here, we went through THREE store managers. The one they finally landed on was very particular on how hours for employees would be. If you could not work 9am-3pm or 3pm-9pm, you would not be working there at all. He also would only schedule you for 2-3 days a week. You also only make minimum wage, and I never received a raise in the year I was there. Other than those things, the job itself is not bad at all as long as you like working with customers and clothes. Your co-workers will become like a second family and I enjoyed working with them.
great co-workers, easy job
Kontra érvek
hours and availability, low pay, no raise
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at JCPenney was probably one of the better part time jobs that I've had. While the wages weren't the best, they paid me more than any part-time job I held while in Illinois.

I felt that management did their best to listen to my concerns and adress them individually
employee recognition and prizes
long hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
would recommend to work there, just seems there is always more things to do, but on the bright side, day goes by fast
every other weekend off