Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Oneonta, NY

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Oneonta, NY14 értékelés
14 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 23 027 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was temporary and did fine. Retail is not for me personally though. Lots of stocking shelves and organizing. Many different promotions and discounts that make cashier challenging.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work was always fairly easy. Fold clothes, sell things, help customers, clean up. I learned how to stay on top of what I'm doing and how to stay busy on the clock.
Management was strange. In the interview, the store manager was very sweet and charismatic making the job feel very welcoming. Once you're hired though, she would favorite certain employees for getting people to sign up for the store credit card. The more numbers you got, the more she liked you and would be flexible about EVERYTHING. If you didn't get many people to sign up, you would be the scapegoat. The clean up crew. This was the hardest part of the job. If you weren't making the store constantly look good by getting people to sign up for a credit card, you were the enemy.

I really did enjoy seeing how the clothes in the store would change. The changing styles and patterns. Also, most of the employees who weren't the favorite were usually very kind and understanding. I had friends there that would earn a lot from the credit cards and they were very kind, but they're now no longer part of my life.
Great Hours, Charisma Earns You Money
Short Breaks, Favoritism
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall I found the company to be fun to work for. The holiday season can get a little hectic, Black Friday is always a madhouse, but for the most part of the year the store stays at a slow but steady rate. Good work environment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
learned multiple tasks and different departments. got to know frequent customers. handle money daily. the supervisors and managers were great to work with.
Munkahelyi kultúra
really good sales every week, most of the employees i worked with were kind and there was a sense a balance the only things i didn't enjoy was the request for certain items to complete me job were not taken care of, multiple requests were made and my job just became more difficult, also being the only employee in my actual role due to lack of money and hours resulted in high stress and always having to rush and still never being 100% especially dealing with multiple health problems the job broke me even though i absolutely loved it.
great management
Kontra érvek
lack of communication and request action
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work if you like retail. Varying hours could be challenging. Friendly associates and challenges to make working fun and competitive at times.
Pro érvek
Fun and friendly place to work
Short breaks, varying hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Did not like management. They think they can do whatever they want with you. No consideration for family life. Only remained at the job because there was nothing else available at the time.
I had a job
Kontra érvek
Variable hours. You never knew when to schedule appointments for your family
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really enjoyed working i got injured and couldn't get to work on crutches and didn't know anyone who could drive me to work. I really would love to be in customer service because I have great customer service skills.
Pro érvek
get paid overtime for working holidays
Kontra érvek
i didn't like organizing baby clothes
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Min wage task oriented job with no real advancement
Long, tiring, stressful

Only certain people were looked upon with value, all others are replaceable

Very high schoolish

Best part was being done

Training was lacking
hours, weekends, holidays
Munkahelyi kultúra
enjoyed the hours and having weekends off. The pay was decent and the discount was awesome ! They were flexable with hours and when you needed time off.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed helping customers and knowing that my opinion was valued. For me, this meant upholding the concept that the "customer is always right."
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice work place. I loved the people and I love working with the public. My supervisor was very fair. We all got along very well.
very prosperous company.
Kontra érvek
the jcpenney corporation has many changes that customers don't care for. many dissatified people.
Munkahelyi kultúra
J.C. PENNY'S FOR A TOP END STORE WORKS THEIR PEOPLE INTO THE GROUND AROUND THE CHRISTMAS SEASON. THEN CUTS THEIR HOURS TO THE BONE. MOST OF THE PEOPLE WHO WORK FOR THE STORE HAVE KIDS OR ARE KIDS THEMSELVES. THEY REALLY NEED THE MONEY. IF YOUR NOT WILLING TO DO ANYTHING WITHOUT QUESTION YOU WILL NOT ADVANCE,( I HAD SOMETHING ELSE WRITTEN BUT IT WAS CALLED INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE) AND MOST LIKELY HAVE YOUR HOURS CUT . TILL YOU GIVE UP AND LEAVE. THEY DON'T WANT THE UNEMPLOYMENT BOTHER. THIS WAS MY 2ND STORE I'M GUESSING IT'S THE SAME ALL OVER.
Pro érvek
most people on the floor are hard working and care
Kontra érvek
management will work you into the ground
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Retail is retail, and I used to enjoy my job at Penney's, but now with all the changes, you never know if you 'll have a job tomorrow or not. I have been watching my co-workers and manager get laid off one by one lately, while other terrible, lazy employees are kept on. We work with nothing but a skeleton crew every day. We have been harrassed every day by district managers to make our goal in getting credit applications; leading by FEAR is not the way to run things. You'd think that after 100-plus years, Penney's would know that a happy employee is a productive one! Oh, and the pay is bad; you can't make a living there. If you ask for a decent salary, they'll just get rid of you and hire a newbie at minimum wage. And yet, CEO Ron Johnson make FIFTY-THREE MILLION dollars a year. I can;t afford the gas to get there. When the company stopped caring about me, I stopped caring too.
nice co-workers
Kontra érvek
poor pay, short hours, lots of layoffs
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés