Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Olympia, WA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Olympia, WA31 értékelés
31 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 23 039 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is hit or miss. Typically you have multiple supervisors. Majority of them suck, but a few of them are super cool. Scheduling is trash. Hardly any hours. Their idea of a flexible schedule is not scheduling you if you have any restrictions like school or a second job. 15 minute breaks as long as you work a 3 1/2 hour shift or more. A thirty minute lunch if you work 5 1/2 hours or more. Any more than that, you get a combination of the two. There is commission for signing customers up for the store credit card, but that's also all they care about. They want you to push and push. Also, if you found a better way to market it, they tell you that it's wrong and want you to follow a sort of "script". Also, I was getting paid a dollar over minimum wage while it was $12, but they only gave me $13.50 when it went up in 2020. They should have kept me at the same ratio of a dollar over minimum.
Pro érvek
Decent breaks, some cool managers
Kontra érvek
No hours, All they care about is credit apps
Munkahelyi kultúra
Being my first job as a student in community college it was a good place to start. Just an average, minimum wage job that works on your customer service. The staff was pretty friendly and the location was convenient, but the store was a mess. The cashiers do all the work in each section of the store including dressing rooms and helping customers on the floor. It was a little overwhelming, but still manageable and keeps you on your toes.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management positions are always changing so you get new supervisors and a new person doing your schedule every time you turn around. A new manager shoves credit down your throat making it a priority that you get people to apply for the JCPenney credit card and dismisses the topic of customer service at all. So many new people being hired that every time you go into a shift you don't know any of the people you are working with. They are flexible with hours so it was a good first job for that. But they do require you to work thanksgiving and black Friday NO EXCEPTIONS! So if you are a minor and want to have dinner with your family on Thanksgiving JCPenney will not allow it. There is no advancement opportunities really unless you are out of college (or around that age) with customer service experience. No regular associates are full-time so you get no more than 39 hours a week. Pay is not worth the work I put in.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very nice people at Jcpenney. I would recommend to others. Good benefits, very good at following LNI standards. Not very good hours but very welcoming team
Munkahelyi kultúra
lot of fun people to work with, advancement opportunity. Fun meetings, lots of different employment contests. I won alot of prizes working there, lots of fun!!
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Hard to Achieving unrealistic goals
Leadership team has a set schedule

Company promotes people without providing proper training

Communication from home office fair at best
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hours were fine, management was questionable at times while it seemed to be always under staffed at the busier days and times. Lunch room had food there.
hours
staffing
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Women's Shoe Department at JCP is VERY quick-paced and active. Being able to remain on your feet for the entire shift is MANDATORY. The floor management is excellent and can be relied upon to assist with any question or situation, which was greatly helpful during the Christmas shopping time period.
Pro érvek
Holiday break food assortments, sandwiches, holiday candy, ...
Kontra érvek
None that I can think of.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not really that bad other than the fact that I never get that many hours. My paychecks are less than $200 sometimes less than $100. Some employees are kind of rude as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work was fast paced.
I learned to advertise our credit cards.

Little support from management; i almost never saw my manager unless they wanted to push metrics higher. There was a lack of leadership and knowledge among them. Although there were a few i really looked up to and they made all the difference.

Too few workers were stationed at departments to keep everything clean and customers happy.

I loved all my coworkers. Every one of them was kind and willing to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working here and only left due to how I was being treated by a particular employee. Otherwise, the work environment was great and it was a very fun place to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very exciting and fun place to work for. Had returning customers that made the job fun. I would enjoy making online orders for customers. The hardest part of the job was leaving the job. I made very close connections with the staff and Customers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at JCPenney for the Holiday Season was very fast-paced, sometimes hectic, but overall a really good experience! The regular staff were always ready to help if I ever had any questions and assist me in doing my job successfully for our customers. Customers for the most part, were kind and understanding, especially when the atmosphere was one that had some impatient patrons.

My experience at JCPenney was very good, overall. The hardest part of the job was the fact that I had to leave. I was sad to leave at the end of the Christmas season, because my co-workers were excellent to work with, and we supported each other in our daily activities.
Pro érvek
Free food, Holiday-style Buffets and approachable management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was the best place I have ever worked! I lived my team and managers. This was a fun environment while making people feel amazing about themselves!
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is your quintessential retail job. Folding, helping and checking out customers. Except for the manager's everyone is a part time, it was rare for me to make over 30 hours a week
Munkahelyi kultúra
JC Penney is an excellent establishment. My seasonal position was action-packed, as it was held during the Holidays. My coworkers and I worked as a family and we supported each other to lighten the load whenever and wherever we could. The management at JC Penney continually strived to provide the very best experience for the employees, so that we could pass that positivity along to our patrons The most enjoyable aspect of the job was having the opportunity to meet and interact with members of the public. During the holiday season, every transaction was an adventure.
Truly, the hardest part of the job was leaving, after the Holidays were over. In a short time, I became acquainted with a good number of people who quickly grew to depend upon one another, daily. I learned a great deal from my time at JC Penney, and am grateful for the experience. I've taken what I've learned and apply it to not only future employment opportunities but my life as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked my way up the ladder at this job and enjoyed it very much so.
JCP was going through a transitional period though and even though you were moving up the ladder and taking on more responsibility you still got paid the same do to so many changes.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Responsible for the unloading of merchandise and getting it set up in the store. Also was assigned the responsiblity of maintaining all mens shirts in the mens department.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked as a sales associate for two and a half years. Its not a bad first job. It teaches the life of customer service. The ups and downs of it. This job has taught me people skills, ad what to do in stressful environments. All the associates are very personable and fun to work with. As far as the work itself, expect a lot of complaints from customers. Jcpenney is not the best company. They are struggling so hours are cut, and not too reliable. But if you are just seeking a part time job, apply!!! If you are in high school or in college, not a bad place to work. Flexible with hours.
flexible hours, decent breaks
customer complaints
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Staff is so nice & helpful everyone is just always so happy! Everyone is really great at working together and helping eachother out when in need!!!
Munkahelyi kultúra
My experience at this company has been wonderful, the staff and management very accommodating to my needy schedule. They really care about Family here
friendly, family oriented, and NOT up tight, fun, honest, DRAMA FREE
Kontra érvek
no room for advancement, needs better pay
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés