Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Okemos, MI

12 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 22 563 értékelés megtekintése
Jcpenney
Great environment to work in. Learned lots of new things about retail and management. Did not always agree with general managers management style. You need to be a leader.
Support team
Repricing merchanice through out the store because sales would change on a daily basic. I would stock and replenish shelves daily. Our team made sure that extra or overflow of merchandice was placed into our overstock area.
FREE LUNCH
HEALTH CARE
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work as a student or part time
I greatly enjoyed my time at JC Penny as it was an excellent atmosphere for a young person like myself to develop more interpersonal and customer service skills. As a sales rep, I learned a lot about how to work with customers to provide them with the best shopping experience possible. This meant I had to be very outgoing , inquisitive, and attentive to each individual person's needs and goals. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was knowing you helped make someone's day easier by assisting them and finding them the best deal on their merchandise. Working with the customers was enjoyable but sometimes came with difficulties, especially when they had very large orders or were looking for an item that we did not have in stock, requiring the rep to search and call several other stores for its availability. The most difficult part of the job was keeping up your number of credit card applications as you are required to make company goals by signing up as many people as you could for a new JC Penny card. This was not incredibly difficult but it felt as though you were constantly being pressured into selling credit to customers which understandably could be annoying for them on occasion. Managers were very helpful when it came to solving problems and answering question but would constantly be checking in on you to make sure you were keeping up with your credit app numbers. Reps that achieved a certain number of applications in a day were rewarded by management with small incentives like receiving a small amount of cash, from 2-5$ along with tickets that could be saved up to get money - több...
Pro érvek
Great atmosphere, small rewards for credit card applications, free meals on special occasions, generally flexible with hours
Kontra érvek
Pressure of making credit card and general sales numbers, consistent overturn of staff
Munkahelyi kultúra
Jcpenny is fun and friendly company but this postion
Its a very demanding postion and you get very little time to do tasks. Its not a flexible either you have to be open and availble at all times. They can schedule you whenever they want to even if you have kids or school. Youre responsible for almost everything in the stockrooms and on pricing. Lots of management issuses as well and not enough pay for the demand of work. Offers PTO but you might not get that.
Benifits and discounts
Kontra érvek
Pay, management, expectations, schedule.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
This used to be a great place to work
I worked at JCPenney for seventeen years in the Custom Decorating department. It was a combination of customer service, a lot of data entry (10-Key and Alpha Numeric), scheduling, and maintaining the decorator schedule, administrative duties, some billing, working with outside vendors, ordering supplies, and maintaining the studio appearance, samples, and price books. The discount was decent, and for a long time I only had to work one weekend a month. Then it was all but one weekend off a month the last few years I was there. I also covered other studio's, trained new coordinators, covered staging sites as needed, and then they closed my studio. This job is basically obsolete now since the decorators' book all their own appointments, enter orders themselves, and handle all the customer calls and complaints. It's a lot less of a personal experience in my opinion, but I guess you have to keep up with the times.
Never worked Sundays, holiday pay if FT, decent discount
Kontra érvek
Hours were cut back, no room for advancement
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Worth the Job
Besides the 25% discount and flexibility with your hours, there's not much to say for making 8.25 an hour. They will either schedule you a lot or not at all. Other than that, management is easy to talk to, laid back and is understanding of your needs. They accommodated my disability and treated me the same as everyone else. Coworkers are super friendly and always willing to help. Teamwork is an obvious value we share. There is busy work, but it makes the time go by faster. Long shifts (average shift is 10 hours). The work is very easy and the customers are nice.
25% discount
long hours, little advancement
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good company, offers alot of flexibility
I enjoy working for JCPenny. I have the flexibility to go to school and be home with my family. It is perfect job for a working mom going to school.
upper management is supportive
Kontra érvek
hours at times can get cut
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good employee discount, awful co workers, and inconsiderate scheduling
Liked the job felt like it was really easy and fun but my co workers made the job awful. The scheduling was awful had to work thanksgiving, close Christmas eve, open the day after Christmas at 5 am, and then they had the nerve to deny my request to have my birthday off.
Munkahelyi kultúra
fast pace job that is good for a short part time only
A typical day includes helping customers with questions about: pricing, online orders, refolding the apparel, keeping the store in order, handing cash/card/check payments for items being bought right aways or payment on credit cards, or other question dealing with their purchase and/or jewerly repairs.

Jewerly normally is slow pacing during weekdays and at a okay pace during the weekends. I, however, have learned new information about jewerly that I would never pick up on my own, learned how to work with customers whom have a situation about something dealing with the store, merchandise or other mishaps that has nothing to do with the associate, a reinsurance that the customer is always right, and the most enjoyable part is the interactions with a variety of customers even if they are just browsing and are not interested in purchasing a item.
1,0
well
I am qutting JCPennys because my management has clear favorites and they pick out hard workers and then once they request time off they are cut hours and looked down upon you. Right now they are cutting back hours so they firing new hires on the terms they did not meet standards in the 60 day probation period. Management was always hard to work with, rude, inconsiderate, rejected all of my 4 days requested off the entire time I worked there. They cut hours so bad that I was working one 6 hour shift a week so I had to get another job and then when I went to change my avablility(sp) because of that they rejected that as well. I've never had a management treat me so poorly all of my bosses except pennys have praised me and my hard work. Sales support gets no recognition for hard work and treated like they are stupid by other sales associates and management. Poor pay, too much work for what we are getting out of it. No benefits for sales support. Long work days (if you get hours) with little to no breaks. Sales support works in hot conditions while sales associates stay in nice parts of store. Told I wasn't smart. Told I asked too many questions. Told I was too quite and needed to be loud but when talkative told to be quite. Salon is treated terrible in addition to sales support.
New people to work with
Kontra érvek
everything, pay, management, breaks.
5,0
Enjoyable reflection
A very reliable position. They were always hiring for the holidays, and always took me back when I returned home from college on winter breaks and even after I had completed college and just wanted another part time job for the holidays. They were very kind people to work for.
Pro érvek
always willing to rehire me temporarily as needed seasonally
Kontra érvek
no full time jobs ever were available
Munkahelyi kultúra
Okay place to work while your young
Be young and have energy and you will be sort of okay here.
Much bickering between departments and their heads.
Pro érvek
required to take breaks. health care available.
Kontra érvek
hours are long and holidays do not exist for emplyees.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés