Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Niles, OH

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Niles, OH15 értékelés
15 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 22 815 értékelés megtekintése
Okay
I was up in the men's section and 90%of the time I was the only one up there. I asked my co-workers if they were usually by themselves and they said no so I requested if I could start working with someone else to get the tasks done and they said no. Whenever there was a long line or a lot to do upstairs, I asked in the radio if I could have some assistance but they rarely came. I had some time off requests but they were rejected. For example, I had my graduation party set and I requested off weeks before and it was rejected multiple times, I was lucky I had two nice co-workers that were willing to take my shifts.
2,0
Horrible Job
This was the first job that I took right after I graduated college, at first it seemed like it was going to be very fun to work there, but as I kept working there I noticed how much other employees disliked working there, the customers treated them badly and the managers never really tried to resolve problems. Some shifts were either over-scheduled or under-scheduled meaning even if you weren't comfortable with doing a certain job, you'd be doing it by the end of your shift.
Not enough Pay
22 years
22 years I worked there and in the last 5 things got really bad. We couldn't keep salon managers, the store manager was horrible, and the company kept taking benefits away and changing what they wanted from us. Our salon was in such bad shape that it was embarrassing. And there is no room to move up because they will not promote from within./
Awful
Working in retail is often dependent on the culture of the people you work with as any day can be stressful or not at random due to customers. Working here, however, was absolutely awful. I was a seasonal employee and though I worked well and was complimented for my duties, whether you are kept on is purely based on credit cards earned, even if you aren't on register. Their technology was often not working and getting hold of management nearly impossible. The training was a joke, even though I began well before the real push for the holiday season. Often "management" was having a party and unable to be reached when employees needed them. It may have changed since then, but it was awful then.
discount
Kontra érvek
bad hours, poor management, stressful, lack of training
Productive and fun
When I worked at JCPenney's I actually loved it. But I need a job that was more than willing to work with my school and still be able to give me hours to work. Besides that, this place is a wonderful place to be at. I really didn't care for the higher management we had some problems with things I was going through before I was hired there that followed me there.
I'm actually hoping to reapply and start working there again.
great employees
hours
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Management was terrible
No one worked together and seemed sketchy. The management was rude and highered people at the last minute lacking the screening process. Employees would kick and throw merchandise while the store was open and in front of customers. Told management multiple times and simply ignored.
Really nothing
Munkahelyi kultúra
great company to work for
jC Penney was an amazing company to work for, i was sad to leave. Always room to grow and improve your skills with very good benefits. Great salon atmosphere.
good work enviornment
no windows to outside
Excellent atmosphere
Working at JCP has been a wonderful experience with amazing people. I learned so much in my short time of working there between school. They were more than willing to work with my busy schedule.
Incentives for ICAPs
Over worked under paid.
I worked there for a little over two years. I worked in the children's department. They would only schedule one person to close the whole children's department purses and lingerie. They expected much more out of the children's staff than somewhere else in the store like juniors and we often had to stay later and go in early to help them put away carts/clean their fitting rooms ect. I understand sometimes it gets busy but the reason they didn't have their stuff done was because they were screwing around. Management still gave all of the raises to that department. I got one 22 cent raise when I was there they couldn't even round it to 25 cents lol making a total of 8.22 and I'm a hard worker my bosses would ask me to stay later than my eight hour shift almost every night. There was another person who the bosses did not like that got hired after me and she even got sent home before for not doing her work when she was a closer and they gave her 3 raises and she was making 9.50. That just wasn't right. Management also has unreasonable expectations. I got the most ICAPS (credit card apps) in the department but there were some days I would work four to eleven and there would literally be one customer the whole night and they already had a credit card but management doesn't consider the reason why places with more traffic and more expensive items get more icaps.

That was a little more negative than I intended for it to be. The job was very easy and the more I learned the more responsabilities I was required to have which I like being counted on. They've repeatedly asked me to come
 - több...
Pro érvek
Very easy job some opportunity for advancement.
Kontra érvek
Most managers suck at managing, hard work gets you no where, They will overwork you and not give you a raise or promotion because they can.
Retial sales clerk - Window Covering
Helped customer find what they needed. Making sure they had everything needed to put up their new window coverings. Change displays when new stock arrived. Put stock away and making reductions in prices if manager approved.
Management always there to help if problem with return or during busy times.

Co-workers always helped your customer until you were free to assist. Worked together to keep customers coming back.

Hardest part was learning how to measure windows for proper fit of window covers. Also, how to find out what customer was looking for to start the sale.

When customers came back and requested my assistance or had a friend or relative ask for me.
J.C. Penney
Customer service, cash handling experience, assisting with floor moves, changing planograms, assisting with inventory.
2,0
Men's Clothing Sales
Typical sales job, management is always worried about what needs done next rather than acknowledging what has been done. Salary and benefits are underwhelming.
4,0
Nice Place to work
A typical day working at JCP was simple. All I had to do was make sure the sales floor looked nice and neat and make sure I was giving the best customer service possible. I learned a great amount of things there just for the job alone. For example running the cash register came very easy to me. Management was well also I got along with my managers well same with my co workers it was a very friendly environment. The hardest part of the job for me was within myself when the store got really dead as in no customers coming in and just walking around fixing stuff that was already taken care of got very annoying but I dealt with it because I knew that is why I was hired. Not to just stand around and get paid to do nothing. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and just establishing a slight relationship with them.
Pro érvek
You learn a lot from working around people
Breaks were pretty short
fun work environment
working with customers was very enjoyable. Great people to work with.
flexible hours, employee discount
no healthcare
customers were rude
liked working with my coworkers but during the holidays the customers were really rude
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés