Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: New Braunfels, TX

17 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 22 240 értékelés megtekintése
ok
it was my first and only job so i dont have much to base it off of, but overall it wasn't bad. there were a few rumors that i got called in for (none of them true) but other than that everyone seemed to be really nice and willing to help
2,0
management
Management was horrible. Anytime you would call for assistances no one would show up for at least 10-20 minutes. Customers were getting angry with me because of a purchase I couldn't handle myself.
Great second job
I loved working at JcPenny! The people were super friendly and the work was easy. I loved making credit apps and enjoyed working the busy holiday season. I think I was getting paid fair for retail but the only down flaw is the hours. On slow months like January some employees would get 0-10 hours. On the other hand that makes it a super flexible work place and a great second job!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Poor Communication in store, very good company benefits
I was hired at JCPenney as a Temporary Operations Associate in their recovery team. I enjoyed the work, as I like tidying up and organizing. However, it was clear that the store wanted to get by on as little staff as possible. Fixing certain clothing displays could be a multi-day project.

Training and supervision was also rather minimal. Customers would approach me asking about certain items and stock and I would not have the information to meaningfully assist them, and would often direct them to the back counter where a cashier could help them find the item online.

Communication of expectations was also iffy. I was surprised to learn I was essentially being let go after only a month on the team, as I was a seasonal hire for back to school. My manager also seemed to be unaware of this information, which I only received after asking the HR Manager about my schedule.

For positives, JCPenney offers lots of great benefits if you aren't seasonal or temporary, and requesting time off or changes to your schedule is very easy.
Munkahelyi kultúra
comfortable working place , friendly atmosphere, safe enviroment
worked different hours mostly early opening store and stocking shelves, learned pricing and working different areas of the store from creating visions to dressing mannequins. assisting customers etc
sometimes company lunches
Kontra érvek
breaks and good health care
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Good Environment
Good Environment and friendly people but not very focused around work. leadership roles and job raises are not easily acessable. very relaxed but a strict dresscode is not very enforced
Munkahelyi kultúra
Laid back and friendly enviroment
JCPenney offered a very friendly work environment and provided flexible part-time hours and overall decent pay for the work. Leadership team was very helpful.
Good pay, good hours
no benifits
fun working environm
The atmosphere was very chill
coworkers were easy to get along with

the discounts were very reasonable, specially for sephora

the managers were understanding

there was always sale and discounts

the hardest part of the job has to be the no minimum policy for the fitting rooms
discounts, sometimes free lunch
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good company, but employees should work departments they like and are best at to be more productive.
This job is ok, but I'm looking for more hours and better pay and more flexibility. I have a lot of experience in management, retail, customer service and sales and I don't get the shifts and departments I would like.

My priority is assisting customers and stocking and straightening merchandise between customers.

I like my co-workers and enjoy helping customers.
Pro érvek
Great products and good discounts.
Kontra érvek
Work shifts and departments I don't really care to, but I work what is given to me.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun working enviroment but poor pay and no benefits
Fun working environment but poor pay and no benefits. Many employees don't last more that couple of months. Inconsistency with prices of products. Lack of communication between supervisors.
Service Specialist
Ensure to provide excellent customer service through phone, e-mail, chat, etc. in timely and accurate manner. Serve as liaison between customer support team, management and customer to improve customer service and business productivity. Analyze customer complaints and provide appropriate corrective actions. Assist directly or route customers to the appropriate personnel for assistance.
Ensure customer satisfaction by meeting customer needs in courteous and timely manner. Track, follow-up and resolve customer’s outstanding issues in a timely fashion. Develop customer service programs in order to provide outstanding service. Prepare documentation and reports on routine customer correspondence for future reference purpose. Assist in training peers on improving customer support service. Develop and maintain in-depth product knowledge. Conduct customer surveys about the company’s service so as to obtain feedback. Communicate customer feedback to technical and marketing teams in order to develop processes for better serving customers. Maintain weekly reports on customer inquiries, responses and feedback so as to develop customer service analytics and trends.
Mostly Fun
Management was like High-School Cliques, the work was ok, most customers were polite, and the coworkers were pretty friendly. Definitely one of the better ways to work in retail.
5,0
Fun place to work
I enjoyed the people I worked with and helping customers in anyway.
one job two cityes
Both stores were nice to work at and built the same way just at one i had more responsibility and could work at the register.
The other i had to be told what to do by a person who did nothing as well and did not follow the rules and regulations of the store.

Both managers were nice but one they were active and walked around and other you only say before shift and after.

got to work at own pase
Kontra érvek
had to be told what to do by somone A LOT younger
Never Work Retail
I started working there after we transfered back to Texas because my mother got a job at JCPenney as a salon manager. I know not all of them are alike, but this one was ridiculous. The management doesn't care about you, you're just a number. They want to pay you dirt cheap for a job that you pretty much take a beating for when it comes to the rude and messy customers. I've seen grown women cry because it was just that intense sometimes.
store discount, good benefits
Kontra érvek
little pay for a lot of work
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Love being a part of a great company moving forward to be the best retailer in the nation.
Meeting and assisting customers with jewelry purchases.

Learned about selling techniques of fine jewelry and the advantages of selecting one diamond/gemstone over another.

Managers/employee's are currently being re-titled and educated in response to how to better meet customers needs while cross training and making JCPenney the number #1 department store.

I enjoy being a part of a team with my co-workers to accomplish the best over all serivce for our customers.

The hardest part of my job is the requirement to offer each customer a credit pitch for a new credit card and service plan for thier jewelry purchase. It's not the pitch itself but the importance of pushing this as part of my performance review when I feel I have limited customers who may already have credit cards or not interested at all. The same goes for the service plans for the jewelry purchase. I feel when I have to push this so hard to accomplish a personal goal that is almost impossible to meet then it becomes about what the customer can do for me instead of what I can do for the customer.

Fun opportunity to assist customers for all occasion gift buying. Selling fine jewelry is all about celebrations!

Note: I was unable to properly rate my company with the stars. When I clicked on more than one star per row it removed the first hi-lighted star.
Pro érvek
love working in customer service.
Kontra érvek
long shifts on your feet, working weekends, and holidays. low wages.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
sales, cashier, promotions, and displays
I started my day by opening the cash register, and making certain money was correct, made certain everything was stocked from the night before. I told my customers about all sales we were having, and sold shoes. Set up displays as needed.
customers
stairs
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés