Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Madison, WI

37 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 22 593 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Dynamic and receptive work place
It is a favorable work place where the old and new, young and old blend. Employees are cheerful despite exhaustion and overlapping of tasks. This atmosphere provides energy and inspiration even to the least inspired.
Good Company to work for
The company offered many opportunities for advancement. I learned so much from the trainers, they took the time to really explain the processes.
Pro érvek
Management trusted you to do your job
some weekend work
Fun, Fast pace Work Enviorment
JC Penney Salon provided the flexibility with my schedule which allowed me to work full time during the day and attend school in the evenings. Not only did they provide flexibility but it was a fast pace, fun working enviorment with something new changing everyday. I was able to assist management with administrative tasks such as but not limited to providing information on salon services, product knowledge, promotional advertisement to new or existing clients, data entry while maintaining a cleanliness, nest environment.
Loss Prevention Officer
The management team was wonderful to work for, always learned something new every day from fellow co-workers as well as management. The most enjoyable part of the job was in gaining merchandise back that had been shoplifted as well as apprehending shoplifters.
Pro érvek
Great managment, great co-workers, pleasant work environment.
Departmental segregation.
Within your own depart you feel welcome as part of a team and the department managers are usually pretty good. unfortunately most department personnel do not intermingle and make friends outside their own department
Pro érvek
Top down leadership style works fairly well
Kontra érvek
Low wages and not enough benefits
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Task-filled days!
A typical day/week includes checking current signs and sales, executing clearance and price change reports, working the truck, and interacting with customers. This position contains a lot of tasks and is great for people who like to stay busy all day long.
There are leadership opportunities available for hard working associates with good attitudes.

The hardest part of the job is often finding enough hours to complete all daily tasks, and the typical associate drama

The most rewarding part of the job is assisting and interacting with customers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Daily challenges which create a fast-paced customer service atmosphere.
A typical day begins with an email check to view any updates from overnight or a day off.
The next step is to check on the progress of all activities that have begun to see that necessary duties have been completed.

During this step a floor walk is quickly completed.

Upon returning to my desk reports are pulled and key information is entered into a daily newsletter for all employees to view in a brief morning meeting or later viewed as they start their day.

Next is a brief leadership meeting to go over everyone's daily agenda, followed by the general meeting.

At this point in the day its time to open doors for business.

While doing this a check is made to verify floor coverage and to answer any one on one questions.

The next activity is to go over productivity and sales to check for opportunities and wins. Throughout the day customer issues are handled and coaching is done in the moment.

The afternoon is a time to work with any available supervisors and to plan with them any projects to be completed.

Later afternoon staffing levels are reviewed to ensure employees are positioned correctly for the following day workload.

Email and electronic tasks are reviewed and dealt with appropriately.

Closing supervisors are met with to ensure the evening shift is ready for success.

Final review is made for the day and a list is in place for the following day.
Pro érvek
Helping and interacting with a variety of people is very rewarding.
Kontra érvek
Must work nights and weekends.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place for the first year!
I worked for JCP for almost 8 years. In that time I went through 5 department managers. I loved all but 1, he was not a pleasant person to begin with, then add the stress of being over worked on top of it and who could blame him for being cranky all the time. The top management over works the lower management and treats their employees like trash. It trickles down to the employees. Some highlights of the job were the people I worked with everyday. some became my best friends. The job its self is not hard or difficult. I think the hardest part is standing around trying to figure out what to do next.
Pro érvek
good trainning, free lunches on holidays, great discounts
Kontra érvek
no heath care, upper management
Things I do;
A typical day at work is to preform all duties required of me and learn the new procedures like customer profiling, repairing of stretch watches, and rearrange show cases. I train new associates our procedures in the Fine Jewelry Dept.
The hardest part of my job is having nothing to do in my department - so I work in other depts.

I enjoy working with my co-workers we discuss new ways how to make things easy to do for company. Lots of laughter and fun games all the time.

Clean areas, straight clothes, clean showcase, rearrange areas, and pricing items.

I enjoy working as much as I can. My co-worker would tell you I am a very caring, hard working, flexible, an leader in my department, and fun to be around.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not enough employees to do the work required. Management does not always take care of making sure you get your lunch or breaks you have to ask.
A typical day at work is waiting on customers. I have learned more about inventory in a large corporate department store. Management is ok. But not especially supportive only interested in what you can do for them. Co-workers are very nice. Hardest part of the job is trying to find inventory items for markdowns. Helping customers find the perfect piece of jewelry is very enjoyable as I do love to accessorize.
Pro érvek
Many nice people that work there.
Pay and hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Authoritarian management style and poor communication
I enjoyed the work that I did but because of extensive training and experience at other upscale salons it made it difficult for me to be in an associate position when I had enough training and had taken enough Psychology classes to be in a leadership position.

The hardest part of the job was serving the public and being at the lowest rung of the totem pole due to just starting out in that salon after many years of experience in the business.

I enjoyed the time spent serving my regular clients and attending education workshops.
Pro érvek
Discounts in the store, lower stress than the upscale salons, the majority of my co-workers were friendly and easy to be around.
Kontra érvek
had to pay for hair show trips, co-workers not wanting to share their education with new hires, slow business, health insurance wasn't user friendly and didn't cover much, hours being cut, stealing of other people's clients
Fun Work place
A typical day was unloading boxes. Also Price Tagging it was fun because of the people I was working with.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Another place to work and grow only if you are liked.
They will work you to death and no matter how hard you work you have to no some one or they have to like you to move up.
N/A
N/A
1,0
cashier
Cashier, stock, inventory, customer service, i like working with many different people.
fun job
n/a
Flexible and fun
Don't mind working there for extra money in my pockets. But, Managements are not really motivated. When managements are not motivated, it makes you as the associate less motivated as well.
everybody loves everybody
Kontra érvek
breaks starts when you leave the dept. not when you get to the break room.
Odd hours.
Don't have much of a life working odd hours and no set schedule. It is not a bad place to work, I just feel that they promise you so much but then don't follow through with their promises. It is a very diverse group of people and I do like that about the company.
Pro érvek
rewards for sales, great break room with couches and tv.
Fast paced, changing environment
JCPenney Co. is a outstanding company for young, college grads that would like to develop their managerial skills. The most enjoyable part of the job is immediately seeing the results from the ideas and strategies that you implement. The hardest part of the job is dealing with part-time associates that could care less about the success of the company; however that is the challenge that managers have in developing an engaged team.
Pro érvek
fast paced. results driven.
Kontra érvek
work/life balance. working retail hours.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés