Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Lancaster, PA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Lancaster, PA32 értékelés
32 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 22 920 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I retired from J C Penney and l always had a positive experience with the company . Many things changed over the years but your store discount is great. I worked for them for 15 years left for 19 years and returned for 5 years and retired.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's pretty much fine, but you're underpaid, undervalued, and you're expected to take advantage of customers. It's pretty much gross, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's good. But I would recommend being out of school or making sure your assertive with the managers when telling them your schedule and how you want them unless you don't care.
Good retail job.
Kontra érvek
Not very consist when they schedule youm
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work if you wanna work with people that don’t as much work as you do lazy employees that don’t do what they are supposed to do place was a mess
Hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
So once you check in you have about 10min to get to your station and then your working the floor making sure that your section is presentable with everything folded and easy accessible. Help any customers by checking them out or help by finding what they are looking for. you get two breaks if you work 8 hours one lunch and another 15min break.
employee discount
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would say that working with JCPenney is easy. There is not much hard labor to the job. However the management of this company is horrible. There is an extreme lack of order and organization. The push for "Credit Apps" is insane. They focus most of their efforts towards getting people to apply for a credit card and do not recognize the efforts made by those who work hard on recovery and clearing fitting rooms. Currently they are hiring, but do not provide hours for the associates that have been working there. Several associates are leaving due to this issue.
Easy to work
Few hours, Poor management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working with staff, scheduling, training, observing, customer service.
I made sure my department and my staff looked professional and my department was clean and organized.

I learned how to manage a large staff and all aspects of customer service and HR.

The hardest part was to turn my staff around and teach them how to become and work as a team.

My accomplishments for working for Penneys was my bottom line and increased sales by team building.
Munkahelyi kultúra
JcPenny wasn’t a bad Job. It was my first and I actually enjoyed it at first. I enjoyed that I made 10 an hour but I soon realized I was one of the few that was making 10 and hour. Other people was making 9..8 even. I heard lots of stories that the Manager wasnt giving people who has been working there for years a raise to get them to purposely quit to make room for new people to eventually have enough people to cut hours. I also heard the manager wanted some people to quit their jobs. I also have personal issues with the management. But overall JcPenny was a great job.
Pro érvek
Extra $2 on paycheck when you sign someone up for a JcPenny Credit Card, 25% off discount
Management..
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was okay. If fitting rooms were clear there was always something that needed to be cleaned up or reticketed. Management is usually there when you need help but don’t expect them to go above and beyond for you. They’re always pushing associates to get credit apps which can get annoying but it’s to be expected with a retail job. There is definitely favoritism for associates who get credit apps who get away with doing nothing and being on their phones. Not fair to hardworking associates who do their jobs. More pressure is put on these associates to keep the store looking nice rather than lazy ones who get credit apps. Associates are for the most part friendly and approachable. If you need help someone will usually appear but we were always short-staffed so often times you will find yourself doing multiple things at once. There are special events for associates but they don’t happen often. If you want to get recognized at this job just get credit apps bc they don’t praise people for anything else. Obviously not a job you’ll keep forever.
Pro érvek
Flexible hours, friendly people, ok discount
Kontra érvek
Short-staffed, favoritism, ghost management, no accountability for laziness
Munkahelyi kultúra
JCPenney is a great place to work at it does great with work schedule. It does work with flexible hours. The reason I left JCPenney is because the magment is not very good at some locations.
Lots of breaks
Mangment
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at JCP for myself was opening the truck, getting merchandise out to the floors before customers enter the store, handling heavy and large boxes, engaging with customers helping them with any needs.
Friendly Staff
Overworking staff
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Poor lack of management, don’t care much about they’re employes, managers don’t respond to your calls when you need help they hide in the back office doing nothing most of the time looking through the computer while your on your feet for a while working
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great Company to work for. Hours are typical retail hours but the pay was not as competitive as others. Learned a ton great first management experience.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
JC Penney is a good company to work for. Nice co-workers, you learn a lot, and get a store discount. They also offer medical insurance, and a 401K option.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had fun working in the furniture department and often in clothing department or lingerie to cover breaks. It was so convenient to have lunch in the food court where you more then likely run into a friend or family member shopping at the mall. The dress code was functional. When you make sales the commission rate is great but when it was good it was good I made at least 200 to 300 extra on checks.
Pro érvek
The store was spacious to walk and pass time can sometime work in different department
Kontra érvek
Sometime furniture is overpriced that result in low sales meaning less commission
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job was a good retail experience, helping customers & seeing how you affected you're job in a positive way by helping customers find a holiday gift & learning how to keep up with a store.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive workplace, always something to do to stay busy. Organized system and the other emloyees are always looking to help. Management on the other hand is a little corrupt.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Jcpenney is one of the worst company I have worked for. First time job good experience developers, for experienced people lack of motivation and recginition.
Pro érvek
Part time hours they will work with you
Kontra érvek
No promotions, no incentives or raises
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical work day consisted of attending clients and helping them find what they were looking for, operated a cash register, operate a computer to order merchandise over the internet if not in stock, persuade clients to open a charge card, stocking the floor merchandise organizing them on the shelves, also organizing and changing floor shelves and or merchandise display.

I learned a lot about customer service and pleasing the customers even on your bad days. The customer is always right, and you must maintain a smile through your toughest days. Going above and beyond for your client because this shows them that you truly care and will take the time, even if it means going to the stock room for the 20th time in one day to find the same merchandise everyone has asked for that is no longer in-stock.

Management was good at times but also inconsistent due to so many employee changes throughout the year. The ones that did stick around were great and always helping at times of need.

The hardest part of my job was unsatisfied customers, and disgruntled customers. Especially those times where you tried everything you could to make them happy with a product but there was no way around it. Also picking up after a tornado at the end of the day, especially during sales.

The most enjoyable moment were the days where the clients were happy, not just with my service but with the merchandise they were taking home, whether it was for themselves or someone special. Putting a smile on their face put a smile on mine.
Pro érvek
leaving early or on time
Kontra érvek
not enough employees, hours, or pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
the first part of the day is clocking in. Pennys was good for learning new things, they had different classes on hair products and perms. penneys sent another co-worker and I to virginia for couple of days to learn about facals and body wraps. I was alot of fun and alot to take in. The sad part about the salon was that I had about 5 different managers since I"ve been working at penneys. Either they got fired or they quit.
The good part of working in the store is that you always have clients...when people shop they usually decide to get their done also.Penneys had alot of co-workers so of course there was alot of people not along and causing disrupsion in the salon...On the whole I liked working there. It was indeed an experience, good and bad, and still getting my good benefits.
benefits for lifetime 25% for store buying
Kontra érvek
had to stay at the shop even if you didn"t have any more cliettinhg aents
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work. Good for long term employment. Good management. Great discount w/in the store! Good benefits working either part or full time.

They have several classes that you can take constantly! They are not manditory, but its awesome to have the choice.
Lots of support from Management
Kontra érvek
Walk in's can be slow during the week
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés