Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Greenwood, IN

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Greenwood, IN24 értékelés
24 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 23 039 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Struggling company. Expensive for what the quality actually is. High turn over. The employee discount is great. Pay is standard. No career advancement.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really liked working for this company it just did not pay well but was very fun and flexible for me and my family. Loved the discount as well. I love all the services they provide and everyone was very friendly.
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was an okay place to work. They supply training and are willing to work with you on your availability. I don’t think I would want to work there long term, but it was a good learning experience for a seasonal position.
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, sticklers about clocking in before your actual work time
Munkahelyi kultúra
great place to make friends. great job for a high school or college student. there isn't much room for advancement, not a place you want to make into a career.
nice people
Kontra érvek
benifits and pay are not good
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working there because my co-workers were very nice and the management was very involved with those working there. The customers were very nice and I enjoyed helping those who needed it!
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical work day was fun because of the people I worked with! Customers were very nice and I loved being around them! The management was very involved with those who worked there and they made sure that all employees made their daily goals.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job was an excellent way to get into the retail industry. Not only was it flexible, but due to it being a large department store, you became knowledgable about all areas of retail.
Pro érvek
flexible hours, lots of employees
Kontra érvek
issues with management at times
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
My experience while working at Jcpenney was one that made me prepared to assist customers all day in order to help them find the items that they were coming into the store to shop for that day.
Good atmosphere
Kontra érvek
Not enough assistance for certain tasks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very fast paced job with always changing responsibilities. Good management and long hours. Always something new to learn and master. Job was a good stepping stone.
Munkahelyi kultúra
JCP was a good place to work at the beginning. But after advancing it became more and more difficult to understand why they operate the way they do and why they expect what they expect of their employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
JC Penney was my first job ever, I really enjoyed working there until the CEO changed and management went down hill. I started with the company in 2010 and couldn't get a raise, which I though was a slap in the face because I worked hard Day in and day out on my part. They simply do not care about their employees.
Discounts
Management, health care
Munkahelyi kultúra
While we employees pride ourselves in quality customer service, the company overall is not so pleasing. Too many online orders gone wrong via the manufacturers, having to deal with hostile coworkers even after talking to multiple managers that they are a problem and yet not getting listened to. Managers who task the sales associates with more than what our job really is, examples being we sell off the floor and help out customers but also end up have to restock merchandise, fix our own signs which is definitely something we aren't ment to do, and set up displays which again isn't part of our actual job descriptions. Most of us work part time now, benifits are getting taken away from full time employees and sometimes part associates work longer hours for a lot less pay just to save the company money. And sometimes breaks are forgotten by managers because they sit in the back and just talk on their phone instead of covering the floor.
Pro érvek
having some genuinely nice coworkers
Kontra érvek
no benefits, working more hours for less pay, shifts cut just to save money, sometimes no breaks or longer lunch breaks to save money, customer comes first before health mentality
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's retail. So the hours are bad, working nights and weekends and holidays. If you have any buy-in in your business, you'll find yourself going into work on your day off or staying late after your shift. But it is rewarding, fast-paced, and customer driven.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have been with JCPenney for over 20 years, and for many years it was a great place to work. However, recently all that has changed. The company now seems to be trying to have as few full time employees as possible, and almost all associates work less than 30 hours a week (which is the cutoff for benefits eligibility). Also, new associates receive only a day of two of register training before being assigned to the sales floor, and no effort is made to try to have them work with a more experienced associate. In other words, you may be alone in a department on your first or second day at work.
A typical day at work involves assisting customers with finding merchandise, ringing up purchases and returns, placing orders online when what customers want isn't available in the store, and keeping the sales floor organized and neat. Depending on the department you work in, this can be fairly physical work - for instance, some items in the home departments are heavy or bulky, and you may need to climb ladders to get items off of shelves for customers. Also, you will be standing for long periods.

The customers can be both the hardest and the best part of the job. It is often a lot of fun to help people find items they're looking for, or solve problems for them. Unfortunately other customers may be rude, demanding, or unreasonable, and it's not easy to keep your cool when the customer is upset or yelling. Coworkers can also be either a great or lousy part of the job - some groups I have worked with have been great fun to be around, while others were definitely not.
 - több...
Hours are flexible
Kontra érvek
Few benefits, pay not great
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very supportive management staff, the nature of retail however is if you are part time, you can work 38 hours one week and then 12 hours the next. You work days, nights, weekends, no set schedule.
Great company
Kontra érvek
part time hours are feast or famine
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked their for 3 months (seasonal job). Loved the management and coworkers. Treated just like a family members.
Gets discounts.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My day can be very busy and adventurous making the time go by fast and some days the day can be very slow bepending on the client flow. The hardest part is being slow because I get paid by commission so a slow day can mean a low pay check at the end of the pay period. My co-worker are great and very encouragaing for me to keep going and stay postive, meaning keep a smile on my face with a good attitude at all times. Now overall I love what I do meaning I have a passion for it and it never feels like work to me. Making people feel good and look good always give me a feeling of pleasure and accomplishment.
Pro érvek
Very good employee discount and perfect place for business
Kontra érvek
Not enough hours and pay is to unpredictable
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working here. I had to re price all of the merchandise in the clothing and home store.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a fun place to work and I had very good co-workers. Everyone was happy and competent.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day here you would always fun. You would take care of the costumers and make sure that they were finding what they needed and make sure that the store always looked nice and everything was folded right. My mangers there were the best they always took care of us and made sure that we had the days off that we needed. And they always worked around my school. The co-workers there awesome, we all got along and made sure that everyone was doing okay and everyone was willing to help each other out. There really wasnt anything hard about that job really besides if you worked black friday. The most enjoyable part of my job was I worked in the kids department and I loved it when the little kids would bring me the shirt and pay for it with there own money from the birthday or christmas.
Pro érvek
Lunch/Dinner was provided for us twice a week.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The company was a fun friendly atmosphere to work in, except when the company took a new direction that eliminated the one thing that set them apart from their competitors. THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Pro érvek
you get a 25% discount on all of your purchases.
Kontra érvek
customer service is now lacking and the company is facing bankruptcy.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés