Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Downey, CA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Downey, CA63 értékelés
63 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 23 034 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Out of all retail companies. JCP has been one of the best. They’re diligently working to appeal to different age groups of customers, while at the same time focusing on associate’s Develpment and retention.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a great place to work but you wont get alot of hours! You will be very busy most of the time they have alot of employees but most wont fo anything
Munkahelyi kultúra
At this particular JCPenney, there was definitely a sense of favoritism. Managers would be upset when things are completed at the speed they wanted it to, they expect you just to fold and throw it there, even if it doesn't belong. Overall, a decent place to work, but I wouldn't spend more than a year there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sometimes you had hours and other times you didnt. i would put in the days i was available to work and they would still schedule me. Management is a mess dthey think they are better than you. When I quit and put in my two weeks TWICE they still scheduled me
Munkahelyi kultúra
JcPenny is a good environment to work in if you enjoy working in a fast paced and busy setting. I enjoyed the company employee discount on merchandise. But they really need to organize their teams and departments with good managers to help lead their team.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Favoritism is real, and it sucks. One week you would work 5 days make 25 hours then the next week you go to working 2 days lmao
This place was cool for a bit but not in the long run...
Pro érvek
Funny coworkers, everyone is just trying to get out of there.
Kontra érvek
Hours are not guaranteed, customers can be very cruel sometimes
Munkahelyi kultúra
Best job ever. My location (stonewood center, downey) was very competitive and it's almost always busy but they're very organized and the staff is really understanding especially with training employees. It is pretty fast paced and you have to stay busy so be ready for that. It's anamazing job, never a dull moment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is good if you're just starting off but unless you want to go career or you enjoy folding clothes for a living then I DON'T recommend you stay long as the job will get very repetitive and slow and soon you'll start clocking in rolling your eyes just waiting and praying to clock out again so you can repeat the whole process all over again the next shift. This is retail so honestly what did you expect.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The application/interview process is simple. You apply, they email you, set up interview, and get offered a job on the spot.

Your orientation is no such thing. It consists of 3 hours of videos that teach you almost nothing. You spend another 30 minutes to an hour filling out paper work and are rewarded with a five minute walk around the store pointing out departments too quickly for you to remember.

Don't assume that because you apply for one position you'll stay there. You'll be moved between areas and jobs. If you're applying for cashier, be aware that the most important thing isn't customer service, it's number of credit cards you can extort. If you can't get at least 1 a day, watch your back because they'll throw you under the bus.

Day to day stuff: You clock in and head to whatever area you were assigned. From there, your supervisor will let you know what you're doing and you may be cashiering which involves answering the phones, processing returns, making online orders or organizing/folding clothes or putting the clothes back from the dressing rooms. If you work under 5 hours, it's a 15 minutes break, if it's more than 5 hours, it's a 30 minute unpaid lunch plus the break.

Scheduling: There are almost never a full 8 hour shift. You'll see a lot of 4:30 to 4:45 shifts so that you don't take a lunch. Expect hours to be from 8 to 20 hours, more if you're a favorite. If youre only available nights, be aware that shifts don't always go the full amount scheduled if it's after closing. There will also be moments you're scheduled when you're unavailable and HR
 - több...
Coworkers, Chatty Customers, 10% Food Court Discount
Kontra érvek
Low Hours, Minimum Wage, Short Breaks, Unpaid Lunch, Credit Card Apps, No Communication, No Training, No Full Time, No Support
Munkahelyi kultúra
I am a Temporary Support Associate right now. So far, I have no idea if they are still keeping me or letting me go.

I have no work hours for these two weeks and I was constantly scheduled only a week before going into work. I have sent several messages to the manager and I have not received one back on my employment status. I have also called and come in person to see if they could answer my question and they only asked me to come into work for the day since many people called out. This whole week, I have called, and now I get only a busy tone.

I would probably not consider this to someone due to management failure. However, I would only suggest this if you want to get job experience in retail.
Flexible Hours
Lack of Management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A day at work was like any other day. i was only working part time which was seasonal for thanksgiving and Christamas. Those months where usually busy and hectic because of the black friday sales and christmas shopping. The management handles this situation very well and some what organized. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the neatness and the folding because all the clothes that where on clearence where on the floor. Toys where also scattered. The most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with different costumers and helping them out around the store.
Pro érvek
during holiday events we get free lunch
no cons
Munkahelyi kultúra
I walked in and the first manager I saw would greet me and tell me what area I was working in. I learned my customer service skills from a few fellow co-workers. This environment was an opportunity I will never forget and I still want to go back.
Friendly yet proffessional environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
was the first job that I got right out of high school, it was amazing . you meet so many new people well working here. if in college they work ver well with school hours and work hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
The manager their was a b , I was hired for the home department but instead I was all over the department I was new and had to open by myself and no one taught me how to open very disorganized
Okay hours
Rude associates
Munkahelyi kultúra
Although I was here seasonal, the workplace was great. Only complaint I had is they gave me a day notice of them letting me go. More hours could have been nice too but I wasn't expecting it since I was seasonal
Discounts
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at JCPenney was easy. It has a very calm relaxing environment. The management wasn’t very helpful you would have to figure out stuff on your own.
Munkahelyi kultúra
this was my first job in high school, every time i visit it seems to be the same kind of employees. young people trying to make minimum wage, its an okay place to work but dont expect to start a life by working here
Munkahelyi kultúra
JCPenney has employees in and out very constantly because of the poor quality of work. I worked there for 2 years and it took about a year and a half to get a .25 cent raise because that's how long it took for them to even conduct evaluations. They try to deceive you with higher positions with lots more responsibility without any compensation. Managers have their favorites and don't keep up with the staffs needs.

The shifts are not stable and if you are a student they often overlook the fact that you have certain availability then make you look bad for their mistakes. They even make you sign a contract that states you won't sue them. They probably saw it coming
Munkahelyi kultúra
the hours are extremely flexible for people who are still attending school. good job for people beginning to join work force. only problems are not enough hours during the slower season and not enough associates to work on a daily bases.
scheduling
Kontra érvek
benefits
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?
Munkahelyi kultúra
Support team is a stressful job, waking up at 4am just to work 4 hours a day and less than 20 hours a week. This job is for students not for a person who has a family.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Was hired as a Seasonal Sales Associate at first, was offered to work as an associate after the season was over. I learned a lot from this company, one thing I learned is a great work ethic goes a long way. Working at JcPenney was a very rewarding experience that taught me many communication and problem solving skills . There were a few challenges here and there regarding the technology that they use (it could definitely be improved). Promoted product warranty and increased sales. Maintained area and counter clean and presentable.Other than that it was a nice experience. The coworkers and team environment is what makes you feel so welcomed and eager to work with such great employees.
Company discount
Not enough hours
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés