JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Downey, CA

61 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 22 021 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Wont work with your schedule
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Downey, CA2019, december 4.
Sometimes you had hours and other times you didnt. i would put in the days i was available to work and they would still schedule me. Management is a mess dthey think they are better than you. When I quit and put in my two weeks TWICE they still scheduled me
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Downey, CA2019, november 12.
JcPenny is a good environment to work in if you enjoy working in a fast paced and busy setting. I enjoyed the company employee discount on merchandise. But they really need to organize their teams and departments with good managers to help lead their team.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Co-workers are funny, but this place aint it.
Operations Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Downey, CA2019, szeptember 23.
Favoritism is real, and it sucks. One week you would work 5 days make 25 hours then the next week you go to working 2 days lmao
This place was cool for a bit but not in the long run...
Pro érvek
Funny coworkers, everyone is just trying to get out of there.
Kontra érvek
Hours are not guaranteed, customers can be very cruel sometimes
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very competative, nice work environment
Product Consultant (Sephora) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Downey, CA2019, szeptember 15.
Best job ever. My location (stonewood center, downey) was very competitive and it's almost always busy but they're very organized and the staff is really understanding especially with training employees. It is pretty fast paced and you have to stay busy so be ready for that. It's anamazing job, never a dull moment.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Good for something temporary
ASSEST PROTECTION SERCICE ASSOCIATE (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Downey, CA2019, június 10.
This job is good if you're just starting off but unless you want to go career or you enjoy folding clothes for a living then I DON'T recommend you stay long as the job will get very repetitive and slow and soon you'll start clocking in rolling your eyes just waiting and praying to clock out again so you can repeat the whole process all over again the next shift. This is retail so honestly what did you expect.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 3Jelentés
Undervalued, Underpaid
Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Downey, CA2019, április 6.
The application/interview process is simple. You apply, they email you, set up interview, and get offered a job on the spot.

Your orientation is no such thing. It consists of 3 hours of videos that teach you almost nothing. You spend another 30 minutes to an hour filling out paper work and are rewarded with a five minute walk around the store pointing out departments too quickly for you to remember.

Don't assume that because you apply for one position you'll stay there. You'll be moved between areas and jobs. If you're applying for cashier, be aware that the most important thing isn't customer service, it's number of credit cards you can extort. If you can't get at least 1 a day, watch your back because they'll throw you under the bus.

Day to day stuff: You clock in and head to whatever area you were assigned. From there, your supervisor will let you know what you're doing and you may be cashiering which involves answering the phones, processing returns, making online orders or organizing/folding clothes or putting the clothes back from the dressing rooms. If you work under 5 hours, it's a 15 minutes break, if it's more than 5 hours, it's a 30 minute unpaid lunch plus the break.

Scheduling: There are almost never a full 8 hour shift. You'll see a lot of 4:30 to 4:45 shifts so that you don't take a lunch. Expect hours to be from 8 to 20 hours, more if you're a favorite. If youre only available nights, be aware that shifts don't always go the full amount scheduled if it's after closing. There will also be moments you're scheduled when you're unavailable and HR
  több... can sometimes be extra about fixing the issue.

Culture: Management is hit or miss. Most are nice but you'll learn fast that they have their own agendas. A lot of internal politics at play. You're best bet are your coworkers which most of the time are very friendly, helpful, and make the shift fly by. Any questions you have ( you'll have a lot from the second you start your first day ) should be asked to them before a supervisor.

Overall, it's your typical mess of a department store. You make what you want of it and don't come in with high expectations.

Salary note: Ask for more than minimum wage as starting pay even of you don't have experience.
  kevesebb
Coworkers, Chatty Customers, 10% Food Court Discount
Kontra érvek
Low Hours, Minimum Wage, Short Breaks, Unpaid Lunch, Credit Card Apps, No Communication, No Training, No Full Time, No Support
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 11NemJelentés
Worse Place!
Temporary Support Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Downey, CA 902412018, december 27.
I am a Temporary Support Associate right now. So far, I have no idea if they are still keeping me or letting me go.

I have no work hours for these two weeks and I was constantly scheduled only a week before going into work. I have sent several messages to the manager and I have not received one back on my employment status. I have also called and come in person to see if they could answer my question and they only asked me to come into work for the day since many people called out. This whole week, I have called, and now I get only a busy tone.

I would probably not consider this to someone due to management failure. However, I would only suggest this if you want to get job experience in retail.
Flexible Hours
Lack of Management.
productive and busy.
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Downey, CA2018, október 4.
A day at work was like any other day. i was only working part time which was seasonal for thanksgiving and Christamas. Those months where usually busy and hectic because of the black friday sales and christmas shopping. The management handles this situation very well and some what organized. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the neatness and the folding because all the clothes that where on clearence where on the floor. Toys where also scattered. The most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with different costumers and helping them out around the store.
Pro érvek
during holiday events we get free lunch
no cons
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 1Jelentés
Friendly yet proffessional environment
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Downey, CA2018, augusztus 7.
I walked in and the first manager I saw would greet me and tell me what area I was working in. I learned my customer service skills from a few fellow co-workers. This environment was an opportunity I will never forget and I still want to go back.
Friendly yet proffessional environment
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sales associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Downey, CA2018, július 25.
was the first job that I got right out of high school, it was amazing . you meet so many new people well working here. if in college they work ver well with school hours and work hours
It was an ok experience
JCPenney Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Downey, CA2018, június 27.
The manager their was a b , I was hired for the home department but instead I was all over the department I was new and had to open by myself and no one taught me how to open very disorganized
Okay hours
Rude associates
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 9Nem 1Jelentés
I was sad to leave
Sales Associate, Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Downey, CA2018, június 3.
Although I was here seasonal, the workplace was great. Only complaint I had is they gave me a day notice of them letting me go. More hours could have been nice too but I wasn't expecting it since I was seasonal
Discounts
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Fun workplace
SALES FLOOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Downey, CA2018, május 18.
Working at JCPenney was easy. It has a very calm relaxing environment. The management wasn’t very helpful you would have to figure out stuff on your own.
Munkahelyi kultúra
first job out of highschool
Customer Service Sales (Volt alkalmazott) –  Downey, CA2018, május 10.
this was my first job in high school, every time i visit it seems to be the same kind of employees. young people trying to make minimum wage, its an okay place to work but dont expect to start a life by working here
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
temporary job
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Downey, CA2018, május 2.
JCPenney has employees in and out very constantly because of the poor quality of work. I worked there for 2 years and it took about a year and a half to get a .25 cent raise because that's how long it took for them to even conduct evaluations. They try to deceive you with higher positions with lots more responsibility without any compensation. Managers have their favorites and don't keep up with the staffs needs.

The shifts are not stable and if you are a student they often overlook the fact that you have certain availability then make you look bad for their mistakes. They even make you sign a contract that states you won't sue them. They probably saw it coming
flexible work schedule
Merchandise Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Downey, CA2018, április 6.
the hours are extremely flexible for people who are still attending school. good job for people beginning to join work force. only problems are not enough hours during the slower season and not enough associates to work on a daily bases.
scheduling
Kontra érvek
benefits
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Suport team
Operations Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Downey, CA2018, március 19.
Support team is a stressful job, waking up at 4am just to work 4 hours a day and less than 20 hours a week. This job is for students not for a person who has a family.
Customer Service/Retail
Jewelry Department Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Downey, CA2018, február 5.
Was hired as a Seasonal Sales Associate at first, was offered to work as an associate after the season was over. I learned a lot from this company, one thing I learned is a great work ethic goes a long way. Working at JcPenney was a very rewarding experience that taught me many communication and problem solving skills . There were a few challenges here and there regarding the technology that they use (it could definitely be improved). Promoted product warranty and increased sales. Maintained area and counter clean and presentable.Other than that it was a nice experience. The coworkers and team environment is what makes you feel so welcomed and eager to work with such great employees.
Company discount
Not enough hours
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
assistant manger
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Downey, CA2018, január 23.
You make sure that the area you are in charge with is clean, register experience in cash flow and provide the best experience with the company. customer satisfaction is what makes customer come back to you store with great products to sell .
productive workers
Cahsier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Downey, CA2018, január 3.
it was an awesome experienced for me.
helped customers when entering the store. helped customers select products that best fits their needs. excellent store and would like to be apart of this company again.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van