JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Denton, TX

19 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 22 021 értékelés megtekintése
rude coworks
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Denton, TX2019, június 24.
would be a great place to work if there was a better manager and better coworks that had respect for the job. The manager would change your schedule all the time .
Fun, quick moving
Sales Associate/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Denton, TX2019, január 6.
While at JCPenny i was heavily pushed to get people on credit for the store. the employees are very fun, but the manager is very pushy. the Hr worker is a very nice and kind lady who will help you get yourself up and running there.
lunch
credit
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun to work there.
Sales & Merchandising (Volt alkalmazott) –  Denton, TX2018, augusztus 12.
The only thing that made me switch job to Dillard's was the hours. JC Penney did not offer full time job. The benefit was not as good as Dillard's, but the environment was good.
Collaborate, team work
No full time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great at the store level, but poor corporate engagement
Sephora Operations Consultant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Denton, TX2018, augusztus 9.
Store management worked well to provide a stable, safe and structured work environment. However, there is very poor communication between corporate employees resulting in mixed messages during corporate visits. No one visit was every the same because of this.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Busy and sometimes stressful but a great learning experience with friendly co-workers
Retail Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Denton, TX2018, május 2.
Depending on the time of the day and what day it was, the job was fast-paced and I barely had time to take a breather. The management wasn't the best and I wasn't really taught what to do which affected my quality of work in the first few days. It was very stressful when I had many customers waiting and I was not sure what to do. I enjoyed the slower-paced days and the overnight shift. All of my co-workers were very kind and helpful and they understood that I was learning. Mistakes were forgiven and all criticism was constructive which gave me a lot of opportunity to learn and grow. I learned a lot about customer service through this job and how to best provide quality service to the best of my abilities even when working under stressful situations.
Pro érvek
friendly co-workers, double pay on holidays, decent amount of time for breaks
Kontra érvek
hours were not flexible, end of the day shifts had mandatory overtime, poor communication between the managers and I, hectic and unorganized during very busy days when many workers were coming in
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Really good job
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Denton, TX2018, január 24.
I’ve work in fast food, that was my first job. I wanted to try retail so i applied for season at JCP. I really loved it :) Everyone there were real friendly.
Discounts
Short break
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
average retail job
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Denton, TX2017, június 16.
This is your average, run-of-the-mill corporate retail job. You will spend your days clearing out endless amounts of clothing in fitting rooms, while also trying to sign people up for credit cards every time you're on the register. If you're lucky, you might actually be able to help a customer find something that they're looking for, but more often than not, you're just trying to keep the line moving at the register, or you're drowning in a sea of clothing that was taken out of the 10 fitting rooms.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management was uncommunicative and out of order
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Denton, TX2017, január 3.
The management was out of order but the employees did a good job at persevering, because of the consistent miscommunication when someone had a closing shift it was expected to leave 2 or 3 hours after the shift was scheduled to leave.
Pro érvek
management didnt hover over stations
uncommunicative
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Most enjoyable part of my job
Sales Associate/ Clearance Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Denton, TX2016, április 12.
I am apart of the warrior team. I enjoy being apart of this group because this group reinforces the idea of teamwork. We come up with fun activities for all of the associates and help create a positive work environment through planned events.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 2Jelentés
Unstable
Supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Denton, TX2016, február 25.
I enjoyed working at JCP however, I wish there was more "customer" interaction.

I was never actually trained. They do have training materials, but with the scheduled hours and actual time allowed to train, there wasn't any. I was thrown in and said "go for it". Kinda like a sink or swim attitude. So I dove in and worked extremely hard especially since I was hired to supervise three departments.

Most days we (Supervisors) spent the majority of our day "calling" associates who didn't show up for their shifts. Then calling to find someone to cover that shift. It was frustrating. Associates felt they could come in or not at their discretion. This didn't seem to bother the GM. Anyhow, we ended up being short staffed most of the time and trying to cover everything. This left very little time to get to what needed to be done.

The most important thing I learned from working with JCP was how to manage a large department store. It is very different from small retail stores.. Time management, organization and delegation is the main focus every day. I also learned that you can't plan your day. You have to go minute by minute.

Most of the time I came home happy that I was making a difference in the departments I ran. Sales were increasing monthly and my staff was starting to work as a team and become excited about what they were contributing.
Pro érvek
Laid back atmosphere, good people and nice discount
Kontra érvek
Poor communication at management level.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Denton, TX2016, január 6.
What makes JC Penny's a great place to work is the management and the people who work there. There are a lot of incentives to make sales goals. Management if very flexible and will work with you to give you a desired schedule.
Employee discounts Sales incentives
working weekends
Munkahelyi kultúra
Low Pay with a heavy workload.
Human Resources Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Denton, TX2015, június 19.
Company is still recovering and is trying to protect their bottom line.
Pay rates are well below what other retailers are paying Sales associates and Supervisors are underpaid and overworked. Workloads have increased over the last three years in an effort to make their profits look better, and it does not seem as if it will be any better in the future. Their answer is to cut back staffing and have less people and those people to take on even more duties. They want their associates to be the best, but they pay them as if they we're the worst.
Kontra érvek
low quality health care and expensive, low pay.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 9NemJelentés
ok
Sales Support (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Denton, TX2015, január 7.
Good place to work for if your in school or a recent graduate from high school.
Discount
Kontra érvek
No insurance for part time employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
Relaxed work environment, though they should pay their employees more
SALES ASSOCIATE (Volt alkalmazott) –  Denton, tx2014, augusztus 26.
Was a fairly relaxed place. You can wear what you want within reason, and they offer a great discount to associates. Most of the year, business is steady, but it is only overwhelming at certain seasons. It's retail.
Pro érvek
relaxed dress code, good discounts
Kontra érvek
low pay, working lots of evenings and weekend, including a lot of holiday hours (excluding Thanksgiving and Christmas)
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good starting job for teens, but otherwise, a dead end job
Sales Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Denton, TX2014, augusztus 14.
At this job, there is way too much emphasis on getting credit apps, and what few raises they give, they seem to be exclusively based on how many apps you get. Raises are way too little and VERY far between, and not based on merit. There also seems to be a huge disconnect between the employees (and what is feasible during their work hours) and what management wants accomplished in a day. (e.g. sorting through and organizing an entire section of shoes, keep the sales floor looking decent, as well as the fitting rooms, and checking out customers every few minutes because the entire store is shortstaffed, all in 6 hours)
Honestly, it's hard work, and a great summer job for a teen in high school, just starting out work, but truly not worth the pitiful wage combined with poor management
Pro érvek
great discounts on purchases, challenging work
Kontra érvek
no room for advancement, management problems, way too much emphasis on credit apps
Easygoing, fun workplace
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Denton, TX2014, május 21.
A typical day at my store would be heading to my section of the store that I was assigned to, which was usually shoes, and looking over everything that needs to be done. I would straighten shoes, restock what need to be filled, pick up any trash that I might see laying around all while I am attending my customers with a helping hand. I would usually have one or two coworkers with me as well, managing all the same responsibilities. This was usually my duties during each shift I worked unless one of my managers personally came to me and had an assignment for me to complete. All my coworkers were very easy to get along and work with. During my shift I always learned new people skills and how to make people feel good about what they walked out of the store with. You never want to sell someone something that they feel bad about buying a day later. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the smiles on my customers faces when they found that perfect shoe or that outfit they were ready to conquer the world in. Working at Jcpenney was honestly never a hard job, the most difficult part of my day had to be dealing with a rowdy or not to happy customer. Overall working at Jcpenney was a great, fun and easy going job.
discounts
Kontra érvek
Short hours, low pay rates
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 1Jelentés
Great job but understaffed
Sales Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Denton, TX2013, december 18.
I enjoyed the job itself however I felt that 99% of the time we were understaffed. I spent most of my day assisting customers with finding shoes in the shoe department. The hardest part of my job was handling irritated and rude customers. 95% of my customers were awesome people, but we did have about 5% of them who did everything in their power to make your job harder. But I held tight to my professionalism and kept a smile on my face. The most enjoyable part of my job was my fellow co-workers. Almost all of them had a friendly disposition and I really enjoy working with them. As far as management is concerened, I found them to be helpful, but like my co-workers I believe they too were understaffed.
Pro érvek
Free meals on random occasions
Kontra érvek
Never received a raise because the company could not afford to give anyone a raise.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Bad
Receiving Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Denton, TX2013, január 21.
Terrible, a very bad company to work for. Don't work here unless you wanted to be treated like cattle.
the entire experience
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés

Tekintsen meg JCPenney további értékelést

Esetleg próbálja meg ezt:

Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van