Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Dayton, OH

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Dayton, OH25 értékelés
25 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 23 039 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at J.C. Penney for years and only got a .50 cent raise. Management is kind of all over the place and there isn’t much guidance. For a high schooler though it was a good job to gain real life experience.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Employees never have a voice. And if you speak your voice, you aren't listened to. Pay sucks, been working for over a year and have not received any kind of raise. Management sucks. They only care about credit cards, and if you don't meet the credit goal, they basically scold you. They basically want you to force customers to sign up for the credit card. You can get 100s of other jobs done perfectly, but if you're not good at getting people to sign up for the credit cards, they don't care. Co workers are great, but we are all mistreated. Always understaffed, so everyone has to hop around in positions. Management never helps out.
Pro érvek
Discounts, flexibility in scheduling (mostly)
Kontra érvek
always doing other people's jobs, always stressed, understaffed
Munkahelyi kultúra
No comment due to retaliation if I were to make a comment. Associates are not allowed to speak their minds and I would not recommend this company to anybody
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worst manager I’ve worked for in my life. The whole experience was just awful and would not recommend to anyone. He gives new meaning to the term “bully”.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love retail so this job was a love for me. The employees and management were both amazing. I would absolutely recommend this place. My coworkers became a family and that's how it should be.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall the job had challenges, and you learn something new almost every day. It has good communication throughout the whole store using walkie-talkies, so this helps greatly with teamwork. After closing, we can sometimes be a bit silly while cleaning up, which also helps the job be a bit more enjoyable. Overall I enjoyed my time working with this company.
Pro érvek
Good teamwork, free food during holidays, occasional employee cookouts and other events
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a good first job. I learned a lot, learned how retail works and how to do inventory, work orders on a computer and learned a lot about the workings of a major dept. store.
Pro érvek
very family oriented, worked well with family cancer
Kontra érvek
low hours and strict on overtime
Munkahelyi kultúra
Examined merchandise to verify that it was correctly priced and displayed.
Assigned employees to specific duties to best meet the needs of the store.

Instructed staff on appropriately handling difficult and complicated sales.

Generated repeat business through exceptional customer service.

Conducted store inventories once per quarter.
25% employee discount
no promotion opp.
Munkahelyi kultúra
great teamwork. nice breaks. easy task. kind , understanding managers. most difficult part would be upset customers but the managers would handle it very well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
typical day at the store trainnig for a team leader fork lift driver. worked other departments. learn how to interact with all people. being on my feet for more than eight hours..
cashier
being on my feet
Munkahelyi kultúra
JC Penney was a pleasant place to work with many different cultures and requirements. It was enjoyable and helping gentlemen locate appropriate styles and fit was extremely rewarding
Flexible hours
Kontra érvek
Not as many hours or equity of pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
personally i was only a seasonal sales associate so i wasn't there for long but from what i know it was a fun quick paced environment with decent break times. you have to be able to be on your feet for a while especially with walking around the store constantly but overall its good.
pay, decent breaks
Kontra érvek
rushing around the store all the time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Used to be a good company to work for but now they usually do not have the hours or advancement opportunities that they used to. They had financial issues a few years ago and it greatly effected pay, benefits, overtime ect.
Discount, flexible schedules
Kontra érvek
Not enough recognition for hard working associates
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management and other employees were great. I worked there nights and weekends to make extra money. I enjoyed working there. I enjoyed helping the customers find what they needed. It was very hectic during the Christmas season.
Discount on merchandise
Kontra érvek
Your schedule is always changing
Munkahelyi kultúra
JC Penney was a great first job to have, right before going off to college. My co-workers were friendly and helpful when needed. Most days we're busy, which was a good thing for me. The managers, for the most part, were helpful. I did see issues with discrimination from some of the higher level employees, when theft became an ongoing problem within the store. That experience is what led me to quit.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I learned so many things and it's time for me to take my talents somewhere else, and grow. Management in this location (Dayton Mall) is horrible and they need to be fired. We barely have enough sales associates to work daily. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the customers happy and satisfied. The hardest part of the job is working with poor management. The management team does not know how to talk to adults. They treat us like were kids.
Kontra érvek
poor management, management not following labor laws
Munkahelyi kultúra
Most of the employees are just there as part time employees looking for the paycheck. A typical day is standing behind the register, fixing displays, and pushing as hard as you can to get customers to sign up for JCP cards.
Kontra érvek
No one is very passionate about this position
Munkahelyi kultúra
Co-workers and managers are really nice and helpful. Had to clean store every night before closing. People left dressing rooms and aisles dirty. I enjoyed building relationships with my co-workers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Start with walking my areas of responsibility pulling sales results and credit results. I also always checked out attendance log.
I started on the sales floor and worked my way up I learned where to look for information on the computer, how to buy, do sets and train employees.

Management constantly walking the floor asking questions giving suggestions lending a hand when needed.

My coworkers were great we all looked out for one another always had one another's back. We had a great support system.

Hardest part trying to stay ahead of recovery with lots of work and too little people.

interacting with my customers and my associates.
Pro érvek
great discounts some flex with schedules in emergencies
working nights, weekends holidays
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical work day included making sure the store looked presentable, working the cash register and ringing customers and helping them with purchases, information, and assisting them any way they needed to ensure the receive the best customer service.

Working at JC Penney has a strong emphasis on the Golden Rule, or treating others the way one would like to be treated. Being a part of the staff and working with customers will teach patience, neatness, respect and how to enjoy the work environment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Excellent people and a good working environment. You will work hard but if you willing to stay with JCPenney, you will benefit in the long run.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés