Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Colorado Springs, CO

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Colorado Springs, CO69 értékelés
69 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 22 596 értékelés megtekintése
I had allergies
While working there I delvoped a major allergy to their clothes so I ask to be put on cashier (which is what they hired me for ) so I could have less contact with the clothes. They denied and I had multiple reactions and had to take time off of work which they fired me form
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced and exciting place for work.
JcPenney was my first job and gave me the proper tools to handle customer service. From my co-workers to the management team, it's all very friendly. The hardest part about working here would be the lack of hours I receive. My job requires that I assist customers in any way needed and provide them with excellent service, along with taking them through the checkout process. My favorite part about being apart of the JcPenney team is that I am able to interact not only with co-workers, but each and every customer that I have encountered.
great learning environment
having co workers that were older and more experienced was a great learning opportunity. whenever i needed advice or assistance, someone was available to help.
discounts on store merchandise
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very easy, yet all over the place.
The people make it great there. But the store itself is having a hard time. Lots of shrinkage. The pricing part of the store is probably where they struggle the most because the prices normally never match what the signs actually say.
Pro érvek
Sometimes theyd by lunch or breakfasr
Kontra érvek
If you dont take you break 2 hrs before you are supposed to leave you cant take your lunch
Friendly Environment with Affable Co-Workers/ Managers
A typical Day at work would be counting and replenishing the change in the cash registers, greeting and taking car of customers, signing customers up for credit cards, recovering the front section of clothes so the store looks presentable, and small talking with co-workers. Every one I work with is very friendly and helpful. There is no such thing as a hostile or uncomfortable environment there. The managers encourage you to get as many people to sign up for credit cards and reward you when you do. We always have event days where we bring food and celebrate on our lunch or break. Christmas and thanksgiving are flexible for you if you need to be with family or leave early. The only negative aspect of this job is the pay and the hours. Jcpenny hires a lot of high school students so most of the time, our hours get cut shorter. Shorter hours mean less money, which is even worse because we already only get paid minimum wage. That's the only bad thing about working at Jcpenny, but if money isn't a issue, you'll love it there!
Pro érvek
amaible enviroment, caring staff, flexible hours, Free food on events
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, Short hours, doesn't pay much
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
1,0
Poor leadership
Upper and mid-management was constantly changing and I never truly knew my expectations and responsibilities. Poor business process and model. Constantly changing schedules
Discount, team member comraderie
pay, leadership
Education was offered
I liked working for JC Penney until they changed the pricing and closed the store closest to me. The ongoing education classes were nice. I would have liked to learn more while I was there.
employee discount
Kontra érvek
Changes in overall company pricing and store closing
Sales Associate
A typical day at work- Selling shoes!
What I learned- I don't have a passion for shoes.

Management- Hired as seasonal help only so didn't get to know them well.

Co-workers- were great at training!

Hardest part of the job- learning the stockroom

Most enjoyable part of the job- Getting to learn something new!
Pro érvek
Getting to learn something new!
Don't get hired as Seasonal
Was hired for holidays and worked hard. Was told right before Christmas that they didn't have the hours to keep any seasonal people but to reapply for back to school season. Later found out that they hired at least two seasonal people that were hired after me.
Great Team and Management
I have worked many retail job and never have I worked for with such a caring retail team and management.
I loved working there! And was reassured if I ever needed help with a costumer, product, Point Of Sales system problem, or anything the team or the management would help with patience and understanding. I found it very comfortable working in the women's department and occasionally the teens department over the holiday season.

The only thing I disagreed with was the pushing of the corporate credit cards. In order to have a higher change of getting hired on or any benefits management would ask floor sales persons to push the credit card applications.
Great Team, Great Management
Not Enough Hours, Too much focus on selling credit cards
Boring really.
Not much to say but that I have to put 20 words here. It is a typical retail job. What you see is what you get. Really, nothing special. Good for high school kids.
A Good Place to Start
JCPenneys was a first job for me. There are worse places to start out, like waiting tables or working the drive-thru at a Taco Bell. Just like any other first job it wasn't the greatest. It was just like high school outside of high school. There were cliques in each department and the managers always had a favorite. They would schedule people during times their schedule clearly stated they could not work, and then keep employees 30 minutes after their scheduled off time so that they couldn't take that extra break or lunch. JCPenneys was a great experience giving me money handling and customer skills, as well as gave me the smallest bit of multi-line phone experience.
First Job
Terrible scheduling
Fast pace work enviornment
Working here gave me new insights on fasion, but also taught me that retail is a tough job. I enjoyed interacting with customers and talking about why they were getting an outfit or the compliments they got from something they got from our store.
25% discount
Kontra érvek
Keeping departments clean and organized
Okay and nice coworkers
not all that fun and very stressful, really pushed to sell credit cards, very rude customers, little learning time and have to be able to multi task very well in order to work up front
Productive environment
JcPenney was a very productive environment the staff was very outgoing and made my job and many others a smooth easy going start i love the energy from all staff and even from the activities we would have for our guest. i worked in custom blinds so i really enjoyed having many of my customers be my long time customers as well and helping them decide and plan on the design they were going for their home.
Fun interaction with customers
Tuesdays and Thursdays are when the online merchandise arrives. I scan the packages/boxes in, process/complete the orders, make phone calls to alert customers that their order is here and do a reconciliation report. I would work with management on an as needed bases and with minimal supervision. Most of my co workers understand what is expected and needed in that department. I enjoy having one on one time with customers. What I don't like is when I have to duplicate a job that should have already been done which lessens the time I have to accomplish my tasks.
assoc discount
Kontra érvek
no communication, lack of advancement
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management was not good but great co-workers
A typical day consists of opening registers, diamond count, merchandise layout / setup, and then helping customers. Things you can learn are repair of jewelry and knowledge of fine jewelry. Management was lacking leadership fundamentals and was not responsive to employee recommendations. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with management and the best part of the job was the enjoyment of helping customers.
Employee discount
Munkahelyi kultúra
Wonderful job, store manger awesome. corporate lacking.
The store and its customers were great. my manager was unbelievably outstanding. Corporate had their collective heads up their butts. Never had anything in on time and never contacted the store if something when wrong.
Overall a good company
Overall a good company on a rebound...Some stores have issues with upper management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
From fantastic to incredibly duplicitious
The job began fabulously. I enjoyed the work, the team, and my manager. The job initially had growth potential and I worked up from a basic support specialist to a sales support team leader. The ill fated company restructuring took place under the new ceo changed the landscape of the company to an ill and bitter tone.

As a result of the decreased sales and restructuring, long term employees were fired, forced out of their position and the formerly wide open door policy became an incredibly hostile environment to work under. Multi year long contracted agreements of work availability were made null and void and the company took a take it or leave it approach with the consolidation of all sales support positions into one unit.

The company instituted a pay and bonus freeze, eliminating the future possibility for advancement, hour cuts to less then a full time wage for even 5 - 20 year company veterans. Myself and many others who have small children with no nightly or weekend availability were made to work weekends or lose our positions. Unfortunatly the cost for childcare in the evenings and weekends made working those repeated nights and weekends have a net negative as the cost of childcare was substantially more then the hourly wage I was presented.

Due to the companys inflexibility regarding availability I was forced to resign.
Team members.
Kontra érvek
unclear goals, management, forced mid term contract changes
Enjoyable place to work.
The company was not only focused on customers, but on employee's as well. A great place to make friends, and have fun with new styles.
Employee discount
None come to mind
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés