Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Retail Sales Associate

Munkakör megnevezése
Retail Sales Associate681 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
681 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 22 938 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was as a cashier. I would like talk and help people and have a conversation with them. I am a social person and happy in my life.

I had fun with my coworkers. I tried to do well my job as much as I could.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Although I worked at JCP for the holiday season, the work environment was slow and not exciting at all. Whenever coworkers would try to work together we would always be split up.. even when the job was getting done. I don’t recommend it.
Discount
Boring
Munkahelyi kultúra
They train you in a different section from where you will be working at and just throw you to the front and expect you to do everything they ask. Will always want you to stay late
Munkahelyi kultúra
Every day at work was usually the same as before. I would greet customers and ask them if they needed help finding anything. The managers there were adequate. I enjoyed my job at JCPenney the only thing that I struggled with was that my schedule wouldn't fit with theirs and it was always difficult finding somebody who would work for me. The thing I enjoyed most at this job was pretty much everything. I enjoy retail quite a bit and I would enjoy working in it again. My schedule has actually opened up quite a bit since I've got to college.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Depending on location, JCPenney is a good place to work. Customers are nice and the job is fun if your managers are willing to help make it fun for you.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall good experience. You learn how to maintain a fast pace working on the floor, organizing, communication is a major one. I really enjoyed working in the retail industry and thankful for JCPenney being the first retail job I received.
Always working.
I can’t complain.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Just got terminated due to it being my last day and "that customer service is obviously not my #1 priority" they can suck my toes honestly.

Only worked during the weekends due to school and worked holiday breaks but overall the work wasn't terrible. Found my job relatively easy but stressful as I was in the fitting rooms and cashiered on the side.

Management wasn't always as flexible as they claimed to be and became choosing beggars. TERRIBLE at scheduling enough people to work so over time, we were all underpaid, underappreciated, and overworked. When it got really busy and messy the closing team would have to clean up everyone's slack and we would have to stay long after hours. Oh and if you didn't get a certain amount of iCAPs (Credit card applications) you would be hearing it from the whole management team.

Coworkers made it bearable and the only reason why I didn't quit sooner honestly. Also, good experience as I was able to learn good habits and knowledge from coworkers.

Customers were most of the time nice to help but did get the occasional entitled person.

Yeah, for $10.19 not worth the time.
Pro érvek
Potlucks on some days, coworkers
Kontra érvek
Horrible store manager, some incompetent LODs
Munkahelyi kultúra
this was a wonderful place to work while i was there. they were very flexible with my schedule and were very easy going place to work. the managers were incredilble
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day was helping customers find merchandise.
I learned how to explain to a customer what did look nice on them.

The managers were very helpful to everyone.

The work place was relaxed but professional.

The hardest part of the job was to keep the departments orderly.

The nicest part of the job was the people that I did work with.
Pro érvek
A work schedule that was flexible
Working weekends
Munkahelyi kultúra
the people I work with are the best and they are the ones who make me think of staying there
working at jcp thought me how to be patient and deal with angry customers as wel as pleasing other great customers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My Typical Day At Work Would Be Me Maintaining Work Areas Such As Folding The Clothes Customers Would Mess Up And Just Make Sure Everything Is In Order. I Learned That Dealing With Customers You Would Need Patience And Customers Are Always Right. The Managers Are Wonderful Would Help If Needed To Be And They Are Very Reliable.The Culture Of The Workplace Is Very Busy At All Times.The Hardest Part Of The Job Is Customers Getting Mad If Something Doesnt Goes Right And They Blame You. The Most Enjoyable Part Is Able To Move Around At Your Own Pace.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was in charge of the fitting rooms. I loved it because i wasn't tied to one location. As long as the fitting rooms were cleaned by the end of my shift, I never really had to interact with the managers.
Hour long lunch
Kontra érvek
too many managers in their department
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management doesn’t know there employees, days are very boring, not enough staff memebers to fill out one shift. A lot of call outs, some employees doesn’t like the managers, it can be a mess sometimes, the hiring process is way to long
Get 10 points and your fired
Munkahelyi kultúra
Many times they would ask me to work doubles and I would always say yes so that they might eventually give me a raise for being a hard worker, but I never received one. I would work multiple 10 shifts a week, come in on my off days, come in earlier and leave later than I was originally scheduled and when I finally asked if I could get a 25 cent raise, the manager actually laughed in my face and walked away.
Munkahelyi kultúra
JCPenneys is a good place to start but they will work you till the brink of exhaustion. They will work you to the point to where you can not move forward in the company at all. You have to fight tooth and nail to get the hours you need to make a good living. They are always short on workers and the hard workers could never get a break or any thank you from anyone.
Munkahelyi kultúra
JC Penny is a fun place to wok. You can meet new people and work with them. Customer are nice. It's great place to learn customer service.
Good management

Hardest part of the job that you must be careful when you count money
Earn new experiences
N/A
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at JCPenney allowed me to learn how to work with the public in a fast paced retail industry. A typical day at work consisted of ringing people out and making sure the store was in good order. I learned how to balance the stress of retail while going to school full time. The hardest part of the job was making every customer happy and making sure the store was tidy. The most enjoyable was the coworkers and the hard work I was able to accomplish.
Coworkers
Short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Poorly and insufficiently staffed due to financial instability
Overworked due to lack of retail staff

Long lines during the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays. Required more cashiers and larger working area
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would go to work and do whatever was not finished the night before. The areas that I worked tended to be unorganized but they were also the heavily shopped areas of the store. My manager was very time sensitive when it came to doing tasks and if a task was not finished on time we were rushed to finish it.
Fun people to work with
Kontra érvek
Over worked along with picking up other people's slack
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working here was fun not to mention the employe discount that you get on top of the coupons. A normal day was as follows folding clothes restocking and working the register. Helping guest with online orders and the returns after the christmas rush was the only thing that took a bit of time. they had a program for every credit application you signed up you got a extra 2 dollars on your paycheck which was nice.
Fun place to work at
It was seasonal work
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management was very nice, and fun. I had a overall very good experience. The work load was very light, and I just organized clothing. and cleaned the fitting rooms. I would love to do it again.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés