Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Merchandising Associate

196 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 22 592 értékelés megtekintése
Hardest part of the job
The hardest part of my job was having to interact with many different personalities from both customers and coworkers. This made it difficult to communicate at times. Another hard part of the job is the pressure the companies to meet corporate standards and goals while having a scarce amount of associates in the store.
Holiday pay
lack of employees
5,0
I like what I'm doing
I enjoy working at Jcpenney and working with the cuatomers. I like what I'm doing as a merchandise executive associate. There are lot of new things to learn and do at work. Lot of changes to learn the new opportunities to a do better for the customers and associates.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great starter job and nice employee discount
Overall it's an easy job, though it gets very stressful during peak times. Upper management is not the best, but most of the hourly associates are great people who are fun to work with. Being short-staffed is a constant problem. I would say the hardest part of the job for me is doing my absolute best and getting no recognition or appreciation for it. Pay is pretty poor for the amount of work many employees do. My coworkers made work not just bearable but fun most days. The best part about retail is getting to work with some amazing people.
Great coworkers
Coworkers are your "you can do it team". It gets you going through out the day. Easy but heavy work. Get to meet lots of different individuals and tricks for the job.
relaxing workplace
i enjoyed working at JCPenny, the job i had was fun. i enjoyed helping customers find the items that they requested. i met a lot of friends there and working there help me gain confidence
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
It’s alright
Working at Jcpenney can be fun but the managers are bad at realizing their coworkers feelings. However being there for holidays is also great because of the additional pay.
Good company
Only downside was no hope for advancement or even full-time (consistent 40) hours. That also created problem with obtaining full time benefits. There was absolutely no overtime. No one was to get more than 32 hrs/WK. My direct lead was amazing. She trained me efficiently and effectively so I felt I was able to have more asst manager opportunities because of her great job at leaving and caring for her associates
1,0
Horrible place to work
This is a dysfunctional and unorganized place to work. A horrible operation. If the truck is cancelled you lose those hours and aren't allowed to make them up at a later date. One week you work 30 hours and then the next week less than 20. There's too much merchandise in the store and everything is in piles on tables and racks are overloaded, nothing can be back stocked. The aisles are always cluttered with fixtures and it makes it hard to move around with carts and rails. Supervisors are never on the same page. They always want things done there way and as a result you have to rework the same areas twice and too many people not doing anything at all. Just walking around pretending to be busy. Management states they know there are problems but the problems are not solved. It's not hard to see why this company is in the situation it's in.
Hour lunch
A lot
Good place to work.
I really liked the jcpenney store I worked at. I liked all my managers. They did a good job at communicating with the workers. The only bad part was the other employees that worked the sales floor. They liked to play the blame game and not take responsibility.
Great co-workers, stressful job
Great co-workers and ok environment. If you are good at your work they would expect you to do your co workers job. Merchandise Manager bad under pressure.
Retail Boot Camp
The Hardest Part of the job :A lot of work for little pay.
Favoritism is really big here.Always changing, moving the displays.

Store management always slipping out of the store to get their Starbucks. lower workers will get yelled at for food / drinks on the sales floor.

Pressure from the Management on assigned tasks that stresses works and conflict. 1 store manger was throwing clothing racks around. The store is an overload on sensory with all the merchandise. Running around the store.

The Best part of the job: Discount, clearance if you like to shop. great clothing, but anyone can get clothes from anywhere. there are friendly people still was not able to stay close to anyone here. :(………

Staying active on the job.

If you are thinking about working here, best of luck, try it out and c how it goes.
Pro érvek
Free food on special ocassions
Kontra érvek
Rude coworkers that get mad. Rushing to get things done. Small raises once a year
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive moving work place.
Overall my time at JCPenney was okay I had great coworkers but our management was not good at all. Our work environment was always hot and our AC did not work.
Great discount
Kontra érvek
Limited short breaks poor management
Not a bad retail job.
The work was your typical retail work. I had no complaints about management. Most of the time I was left alone to get my work done, which is what I prefer. There is really nothing special about JCPenney.
Munkahelyi kultúra
productive and great for gaining experience
it was a really great place for a first job and i enjoyed working there very much and i'm glad to have gained experience for there. The discounts were good and everyone was extremely kind i would definitely recommend applying
5,0
High energy, fast paced.
Had worked previously for JCPenney in Burlington, VT, 2003-2011. Had many life changing events during my time away from JCP, ie divorce, empty nest, desire to move back to hometown. But, first time working there was more rewarding and enjoyable. Moved back to Vt in 2018, still trying to find my new favorite job.
Fast paced
The work environment is very fast paced. Management was unorganized at my particular store. There is no communication between associates and management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A job for high school juniors and seniors
Worked there for a little less than 2 years but it was definitely the worst experience ever. There’s probably one manager that’s kind hearted, and the other ones will try to get you in trouble at times, HORRIBLE hours, the HR management sucks. The only thing they care about is driving their sales and increasing credit applications, if you barely open credit card applications you will most likely not even be known by any manager. Would definitely not recommend to anyone.
1hr lunches
Very short break
Stressful and Poorly Structured
The biggest problem they have is poor management. Which causes confusion and makes basic projects hard, but I can say that you do learn valuable skills.

The culture there is a little to comfortable, and may need to be more professional.
Pro érvek
Flexibility, they do well adjusting to students schedules.
No real leadership.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not a good place to work at
One only advances if you kiss managers egos. They don't let you get to 40h so they can keep you as part time that way they don't have to give you overtime or any other benefits. The managers only stand there and do nothing while the associates take care of everything.
Part Time Associate
JcPenney is a good part time job. I've learned quite a bit in my time with the company. The work environment is pleasant and I enjoy the benefits that come with being an employee.
Hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
horrible management, no weekends off
A typical day at Jcpenny was to come in around 5 pm or 4 pm. I would clean the fittings rooms, usually by myself for my entire shift, and help out at the front cash route when needed. I had a lot of customer interaction and my co-workers were wonderful! The management had very poor skills in every way possible, and when they do schedules, there is usually only one person scheduled per shift so if you needed to call out, you couldn't because they were short handed on staff when scheduling. The many of the managers never help with anything or barely did any work themselves.
the discounts
Kontra érvek
management, no flexible shifts, no weekends off
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés