Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Merchandise Manager

153 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 22 580 értékelés megtekintése
A day at JCp
Typical day at work you would look at your emails and see if there are any pirorities and get them done then do you list of things. The culture is great. The hardest part of the job is dealing with a mean customer.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good company to work for.
Good company to work for. Company is a teaching company as well. Always looks for ways how to move employees forward within the company. Offers ways to invest in company.
Great Management Program
I worked part time during college and the company advanced me, when I graduated. They have a great mentorship program and you learn a lot about the entire stores functions. They prepare you for store management in its fullest.
Pro érvek
Great scheduling and organization.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun workplace with great teamwork
I have enjoyed the time I was able to work for the company. I had a lot of opportunity to grow with the company. Being able to recognize the associates for a job well done was great. It let them know they were appreciated.
Pro érvek
Always recognizes associates for good job
productive and fun
fair place to work and get the money. good team work and store is in good shape
some days are harder then a lot others but you get the work done day by day from an associate to a manager in a years times it was not easy
Pro érvek
discounts healt plans reasonablle schudle
Kontra érvek
pay, and some unrully customers
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great resource for management training
A typical day was beginning to review schedule to ensure all departments were covered with associates, review the goals for Sales and Credit Applications. Meeting with associates to distribute tasks, inform associates of sales goals, credit card goals, current sales & coupons, advertisings and other pertinent information given to me by my supervisor. During the day I would go to my departments to ensure and assist the associates in customer service, inventory accountability, stock merchandise and displays, operations process.
We emphasized a team atmosphere to encourage all associates work together and give the best customer service to ensure an excellent customer experience.

The hardest part of the job, but the most satisfying, was working with the customers who were upset and finding available options to satisfy the customer.
Pro érvek
Teamwork, making plans for events, Diversity
Kontra érvek
Short of associates that were scheduled to work
Munkahelyi kultúra
JCpenney was a great place to work.
JcPenney was a great place to learn about customer service, and fashion trends. Most management was fair and well trained. The work didn't seem hard because I liked the company.
Pro érvek
Paid time off, fast pace.
Working Holidays
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun and face paced work environment
You must have a love of retail in order to succeed with this company. It is an ever changing job that will provide you with new experiences every day. The most enjoyable part of being a Merchandise Manager is seeing first hand all the new product come into the store. Creating all the floor plans and seeing the sales continue to rise is also very rewarding.
Pro érvek
Fun and Exciting work place with excellent training.
Kontra érvek
Working weekends and always on your feet.
fun place to work
I loved working at JCP it was a perfect fit for me. I have worked there for two years and we just found out that our store is going to close this summer.
Great place to work!
Very flexible and willing to work with your schedule. It is a great place to work and you can advance very quickly in the company. very friendly co-workers
Stressful
They have unrealistic expectations, they think that one person can run multiple departments without help. One of the reasons I wanted to be employed there was the work/ life balance they make you believe it exsist and in all actuality it does not. Managers look out for themselves and treat others poorly. They are all about the customers and how they should be treated but as for the employees we have to take the abuse managers do not have your back and undermine what you say to customers and makes you look like you're incompetent.
Pro érvek
Support of other employees in departments, you do grow awesome relationships with co workers
Kontra érvek
No work/life balance, Little pay for the amount of work they give you, No management support.
Learning environment
This is a very rewarding job for someone who may be looking for long term. Great benefits, stability, and embracing. You are definitely treated as a team.
food
When there's an event there's usually food where you can eat. However, the manager usually gets subway. So if you don't mind eating subway then this job is for you!
Closed
JCPenney outlet opened in 1975, closed in 2013. The Columbus Outlet became a landmark for many consumers, traveling from all states for outstanding prices of good quality merchandise.
Family atmospere
closed
1,0
Poor training
Was hired as a supervisor, received 10 hours of training before being sent to the sales floor even though my previous leadership was from a different company. Most of my work consisted of playing catch-up while remaining in the dark as to how the company worked. Held to the standards of people that have been with the company for a long time, then treated with disrespect when they discovered I had no idea what they expected of me. When they finally gave me constructive criticism at my 35 day mark, and had a gameplan, they released me at 45 days because I wasn't a good fit. Management had no clue what they were doing, everyone was short staffed and snippy with each other. Overall not a great experience. Employee discount was good though.
Employee discount, veteran associates
Kontra érvek
Management, training, out dated technology, disrespectful leaders
The Most Enjoyable part of the Job
When I was an employee, there was more of the teams on commission. Therefore, our customer service was always a focus. We worked hard but had a lot of fun doing it!
Pro érvek
At the time, we never had enough inventory for our customers.
Kontra érvek
Needed more monetary compensation and incentives.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun, but schedules are hard
I love working for JCPenney. I have many, many friends and have learned so much from my experiences at JCPenney. Working as a supervisor the schedule is hard when you have a family. The shifts are not usually consistent and it is hard to be away from your family during holiday season cause it is the busiest time of the year and you are required to work Thanksgiving and Black Friday. and every Saturday from Thanksgiving to Christmas. leaving little time for family. The discount and rewards earnings are great. They also have available stock options for associates.
Discount
Holiday schedules
2,0
Financially unstable company
The company is in financial ruin, selling it's properties and holdings for quick short term cash which was the main reason they extended the closing dates in the recent round of store closures. The closing stores are carrying the entire company with triple digit gains, while the stores remaining open are suffering massive losses. They even had to sell the home office and two warehouses this year. I predict that after these store closures there will be another wave of closures, and many of those will be larger stores where the company owns the buildings themselves, gaining more short term profit instead of actually resolving their internal issues, many of which would be easily fixed if they would listen to their store employees. All of this information is public knowledge. It used to be a great company to work for. It is heartbreaking to witness firsthand the frankenstein-like monster it has become.
great starter job
instability
n/a
good company, but over the years some of the upper management has lost their humanity. i know that we are still in a rebuild from the previous ceo , but there needs to be some appreciation at store level and the recognitions to follow and less bull dogging.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Ok place to hold you over
Decent place to work if you do not want to move up and ok with fluctuating hours. Management ok, but they often have bad attitudes and take sides. People pass the buck and when its time for them to take accountability, they will not.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Interesting and sometimes fun place to work
In general, it's a pretty good job. As a supervisor, I am expected to lead myself as far as day to day tasks are concerned which is nice. Some days are pretty laid back, and some days I have a long to-do list that includes things like moving fixtures, re-merchandising sections of apparel, handling customer issues, coaching or reprimanding sales floor associates, putting away merchandise, etc.

Management is not bad, but lack of communication often leads to misunderstandings and issues, not to mention lack of efficiency. Some of the managers can be a little passive/aggressive at times which is a small thing, but is also an enemy to good communication and good culture.

I think the most difficult part of the job is the LOD program where you have to basically run the floor for two or three hours a shift. You have to walk around and allocate resources to areas so that traffic moves efficiently. For example: there's a long line in the men's department, but all of the scheduled associates are running cash registers... your job would be to find an associate who you can move to that area temporarily to help move the line through more quickly. Sometimes there isn't anyone to help, but you have to kind of run all over the store looking just to be sure. Another part of that is that it takes time away from your personal tasking time which is a real pain if you have a long to-do list (as you often do during peak times like Christmas or back-to-school) especially if it splits your shift in half so that you only have a couple of hours to work on a project before your LOD shift and
 - több...
Pro érvek
Laid back environment, healthy break policy
Kontra érvek
Work/life balance (reqired work on Thanksgiving, and you will work most weekends), passive/aggressive management style, bad communication
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés