Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Merchandise Manager

153 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 22 558 értékelés megtekintése
A day at JCp
Typical day at work you would look at your emails and see if there are any pirorities and get them done then do you list of things. The culture is great. The hardest part of the job is dealing with a mean customer.
1,0
Retail Nightmare
Even as a supervisor was underpaid, wasn’t encouraged to participate in supervisor meetings, kept under 40 hours and no benefits. Long hours, never enough employees on staff, supervisor belongs in Walmart not JCPenney
Munkahelyi kultúra
They don’t care about employees
This was one of the worst jobs I’ve had. Even though the pay wasn’t terrible for this area, the older people I worked with were constantly worried about being terminated since 2 employees had recently been fired months before retirement kicked in. They encouraged individuality but they couldn’t care less about you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Typical day encouraging associates to be number one in customer service
typical day is asking every customer if they want to open a store credit card and to encourage them to download the app. coupons and other store information is on the app. The associates with low sales to credit cards are coached and encouraged on different ways to ask for the credit card. Customer service is always number 1 with the company, so we do our upmost to answer, correct or solve any problems/concerns that arise.
Good starter job
This is a fun company to work for, the day to day work is pretty easy if you have a knack for customer service. It’s a great place to get customer service and cashier experience.
Career advancement is possible for those with the necessary skill sets, but they move slow because positions have to become available first.
Fun environment, easy work
Minimal pay
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
1,0
Going down
The people who work their are great people it is the upper management who don’t care about the people just the bottom line. You get more negative feedback than any positive feedback
Work environment
The work environment at JCPenney was well rounded it was a team their manager was good, They work well with attendance schedule and days off and call June was done correctly
You Probably Know What You're Getting Into
The company as a whole is failing. There's constant talk of new store closures; there's absolutely no job security. Most of management has worked for the company 15+ years and aren't very open to change. Things tend to be very divided by department. Not a ton of cross-department assistance which makes the stores worse. The corporate structure is ridiculous and difficult to navigate.

Healthcare is terrible. Single plans have $1000+ deductibles before there's any assistance. No copays, everything 100% out of pocket until that's met. Dental and vision are okay.

Pay varies wildy across the company, even in identical roles. Some GMs are willing to pay people more because there aren't a lot of applicants; some lowball because the company is dying. I'm being paid pretty significantly bove company average and I'm not rolling in dough.

Stores with Sephoras inside are, on average, doing better than stores without. That fact gets ignored and SiJCP is given very little help or resources.

A lot of younger staff is at JCP until they find something better. A lot of the older staff is holding on to the sinking ship to collect their pensions & retirement benefits.

Not the worst place to work for in-between times but don't expect to make a career.
Flexible work schedule
Poor benefits
Interaction with customers
Fast paced at times down times there are always thing to do. Have to be self motivated. Enjoying people interaction is a must at times it can be difficult.
Employee discount
Munkahelyi kultúra
If u need a job, this is a good start
If your looking for a career
This is not the job for you

Hard to advance in the company, upper mgt gets paid much better than in store mgt

Too much work, not enough compensation
Don't do it
I worked there for 2.5 years and advanced quickly. Despite being a full time supervisor, I was denied benefits. HR is literally the worst I've ever had to work with. She would change the schedule with no notice. Would say "that's not my problem", when presented with issues. Had the schedule all screwed up, frequently leaving you by yourself an entire shift with no break coverage. If you tried to get an issue resolved by going above her, you would be made to sit in her office and apologize. I took a two week vacation due to a family emergency and wasn't paid for it until I escalated it to corporate after trying to reach both HR and the GM multiple times. No support AT ALL. Upper management is never held accountable for anything. I've heard from newer employees that they felt forced to apply for the jcp card or else they were told they wouldn't get hours, however they're afraid to say anything about it for fear of repercussions. I loved my clients and the position I had, but it wasn't worth dealing with a bunch of power tripping crazies.
Great clients, gratis
Kontra érvek
Poor management, pressure to get credit applications, no breaks, no substantial training, HR is a joke, no support from management
Fast Paced
Always something going on, never a dull moment.
The team is great to work with, lots of energy.

The hardest part of the job is trying to complete what corporate wants while taking care of the customer.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice company to work for
Great company for discounts. I wish the pay was higher... I wish the pay was higher. Work to hard for littl money.. great if you have multi income household.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good
Good place to work. The customers love to shop there so it is great to assist them find what they are looking for. The company has good processes to help be a profitable company.
Munkahelyi kultúra
JCPenney is a grat place to work for.
Jcpenney is a place where you can move up in the company. I enjoy working there . My co worker are a great group of people. I have been with the company over 10 years and is still working there.
It is fast pace
Fultondale store is hard to work for. It could be a great place if the culture of the store was better. I seriously enjoyed everyday until the culture and management changed.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Employees were very long term and developed a sense of a second family.
Hardest part of the job was coming up with setting sales goals for departments and then trying to meet or exceed them. Most everyone was invested in the culture and how our store performed against others. Be prepared to not spend much time at home during holidays.
Pro érvek
Good work life balance, company cares about employees.
Kontra érvek
economy and top management are the issues, hard to compete with amazon
Experience
This was a great place to gain experience and handle a workload that will help you in the future when applying for a job that is more demanding. The managers and training was excellent.
Munkahelyi kultúra
not worth it. Low pay even for management and bad management communication
I worked there for over a year and I did not like my experience. Some people that were hired were definitely not qualified. Low pay even mangers made no more than $12/hr. Most management did not care and they would even include other positions in your job that would not be in the job description
Jcpenney
Great environment to work in. Learned lots of new things about retail and management. Did not always agree with general managers management style. You need to be a leader.
Love this place
Awesome place to work & build a career
Very flexible & a really good environment

Been with the company for 3 years & have plenty of opportunity to strive & grow with the company
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés