Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Jewelry Associate

Munkakör megnevezése
Jewelry Associate127 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
127 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 22 938 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I’ve loved my job for the last two years until my store got closed. I loved working in jewelry sales. I enjoyed helping customers pick out wedding rings together as they embark on their love story
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management was very relaxed, decent hours, co workers love to help each other. The days went by quickly during the weekend and sometimes during the week. Overall it was a good working experience. The only bad part is the wage. Some of my co workers had been there 3+ years and never saw a pay raise. I started out folding clothes and keeping up with fitting rooms, easy stuff. Then I was promoted to jewelry specialist where I had hours of training, I was responsible for all jewelry in the store, including high end diamonds. I never received a pay raise which seemed odd due to my extensive training and far more responsibility/liability.
Good schedule
Kontra érvek
Not a bad starting wage but pay raises are almost never seen
Munkahelyi kultúra
The daily routine of displaying fine jewelry, the placement of Diamond jewelry first thing in the morning and closing in the evening. I loved the daily routine of auditing the cash registers and assisting in the purchase of jewelry to customers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You will be beaten over the head to upsell every customer who purchases any jewelry item at all or threats of job loss. $7 silver toe ring? Better get them to buy that 3 yr insurance policy on it for $5!
BUT, be sure to NEVER get better numbers than the department head or she will get you fired. It's a lot of crazy for garbage jewelry that they pretend is quality. Their jewelry has not been quality since they liquidated assets to avoid bankruptcy a bunch of years back. Gold and silver are now silver plated brass, synthetic (fake) stones.
Nice coworkers
Kontra érvek
Fraudulent sales practices, forced upsells, forced credit card apps
Typical retail atmosphere.

Need customer service skills, ability to stay motivated and busy so you don't get bored, need patients, and need to be friendly.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The manager was not very nice. Preferred to sit in their office then to interact with employees. Occasionally pressured to take hours from others. Short staffed. Only allowed a specific amount of hours.
25% off discount
Kontra érvek
bad management, unhealthy work environment, drama
Munkahelyi kultúra
The people are great. The job just gets nothing and hours get cut easy. Great for a holiday job to earn extra cash. But other than that not much else.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s been far too long since being employed by this company to give an appropriate and fair review. I only remember long days of standing for hours at a time.
Munkahelyi kultúra
busy most times, learned how to deal with difficult people and about quality diamonds! Friendly team members working together was most enjoyable. Sales is not easy..long hours standing with not enough compensation...NOT PAYED ENOUGH
flexible hours
long days during holidays
Munkahelyi kultúra
A great place to work. The managers are so nice but the job advancement and potential for making more money in increments of 6 months at a time are not there. I need more money.
Relaxed atmosphere
Not enough break time
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a very supportive workplace and we continually have educational learning videos to help us provide the best customer service that we can for our customers.

The hardest part of the job to trying to wait on more than 1 customer at a time as there is usually only 1 person assigned to the department at a time. However, other team members are usually available to help or clear up any questions for the customer or with the computer.

Most enjoyable are working with the team members and the fun activities that our General Manager provides for us.
Pro érvek
Some free lunches and snacks, dress code is relaxed for specific times
Kontra érvek
No benefits, schedule changes each week
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I began at JCP the management and staff were great, as years progressed management changed to become worse at all levels and this was the most frustrating. Procedures were in place and new management wanted to change them eventhough they were from corporate.
Pro érvek
on occasion breakfast and lunch was offered free
Kontra érvek
dept management was difficult and changed almost monthly
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked in the Fine Jewelry Dept. Both in Akron and in Columbus. Worked with Diamonds, Fine Jewelry, Fashion Jewelry and Watches. Both stores were in a mall setting so mostly kept busy especially during the holidays. When I returned from living in Columbus the store I had worked at previously was no longer there (Rolling Acres) so I got a job in another field.
Pro érvek
Enjoyable atmosphere and fellow employees
Sometimes unruly customers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Set up jewelry, help customers in selection of jewelry. Check out customers from other departments when they come to jewelry counter. Mark down of clearance fine and fashion jewelry. Also set up of handbags, socks and fashion jewelry in the department. Finally answering phone calls from customers.
Flexibility with hours
Short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
JCPenney is a good company to work for, however that particular store was managed poorly. The entire staff had low moral and everyone was miserable working there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
In my opinion a typical day at work is interesting because I need to interact with people everyday. I learn costumer service skill, how can understand and do everything good for a costumer. The most enjoyable part of the job is have a good time and conversation with a costumer.
Sorth brakes
Munkahelyi kultúra
The managers and the people working there are just great, they make the job easy and fun. The managers there will forever be my favorite and I will always count on them for anything.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I used to love my job at JCPenney. Recently things have changed and it's gotten worse. Those who actually show up for their scheduled shifts are getting their hours cut while those who call off all the time are getting hours.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working here, all of my co-workers are amazing but I am moving out and need more hours/better pay. The co-workers made the job enjoyable and so do a lot of my customers.
Discount
Short breaks/bad pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's good if you're not looking for advancement. My experience, I was one of their top sales persons & the more I requested hrs, the less I received
Discounts, perks
Kontra érvek
No hrs for your hard work, no advancement
Munkahelyi kultúra
Job itself was satisfying but the management was unorganized.
Lack of communication in the workplace.

Nice pay for job.

Discounts always came in handy.
discounts, job itself
sometimes chaotic, poor management
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés