Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Cashier/Sales

Munkakör megnevezése
Cashier/Sales725 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
725 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 22 551 értékelés megtekintése
Fast paced, stressful
A lot was always going on, too much drama between the employees. The manager gave me no hours really and let me go after one month of working my butt off. But that’s life right.
Eh
So JCPenney’s is a job. You get paid every two weeks, get abused by customers on a daily basis, lack coworkers so may have to handle entire departments alone most of the time, and expect everything from you yet it’s impossible.
Kontra érvek
Lack of help, rude customers
Don't do it.
While the discounts are great, that's the only thing that is great about this job aside from the few coworkers you'll meet that are fun to work with, the job itself is not worth it. I was harassed by one of my managers who still works there, after at least 5 different complaints against them that are formal from employees, there have also been customer complaints against them and they still work there. This job is unreliable. You can go from working too many hours to working maybe once a week. They were expecting people to get paid only $9 to work for 5 hours on one day a week. It is not worth it. They are terrible about raises. They don't appreciate their employees. I worked worked in the portrait studio and the store itself. I've got to tell you, I've dealt with some of the worst people and some awful managers. They do not train you properly. You literally get thrown on the floor and learn on the job from the other people instead of going through actual real training, then you get treated like an idiot if you don't know what you're doing. They would rather cut a reliable employees hours and hire an inexperienced person for less money. I can't tell you how many people I've seen circulate out of that place. It's atrocious. Not to mention, they will skip over even the best employees to put a favorite person in a management position. It's no wonder why the store is trashed all the time, because the people that care are leaving for not being treated well enough. If you're able to become a favorite real quickly, have absolutely no life and are willing to have open availability and - több...
Pro érvek
Great store discounts, fun coworkers
Kontra érvek
No benefits, unreliable pay and hours, no proper training, harassment, favoritism
awful
When I first started it was great and managers were cooperative, but after a few months they became really immature, and will walk around in packs and gossip. There are multiple associates who don't do their jobs, and just sit on their phones or shop while on the clock, and the management allows it. Benefits are good, but that's the only thing worth having this job for. The hours are inconsistent and you must work weekends, and if you cant work certain days they will penalize you. If you don't push the store credit card on every customer they will cut your hours and try and push you out. Do not work there.
good discount
Kontra érvek
short breaks, bad management, inconsistent hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Poorly managed, sometimes hostile work environment
Far too many people with the title of LOD; large focus on sales/credit card application quotas. If quotas aren't met, an LOD will threaten you with cut hours or termination.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyed working with the people
Open and closed department, worked with 5 cash drawers and diamond vault, answered phone and called customers, customer service, knowledge on products a must, in charged of 6 sets of jewelry keys for cases. Checked in merchandise received and sent out orders and checked in orders. Rang on cash registers, used calculators. Did watch and jewelry repairs, trained new associate, did ad signing. Did count books for jewelry cases. File paper work and report to management and security daily on dept issues. Inventory, did jewelry shows. Met goals for self and department.
Associate discounts
Kontra érvek
Not great on the Benifits for employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun Place to Work At (Sometimes)
At first, working at Jcpenny's is really fun. The environment there is super chill except for the managers. The managers at my location really did suck except for maybe one of them. If you did not get an ICAP aka open up a credit card for customers, they would basically give you dirty looks and treat you badly. If you approached the end of your shift and everything is not put away, the managers would all look at you with disgust and talk bad things behind your back.
management, short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Ok place to work. Realkt never had enough people to cover all work areas. Not enough pay
Everyday I would have to do more than one persons job. The pay wasn't sent great and everybody always seemed to have an attitude. Needed a job that why I applied but it wasn't worth it at all
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a horrible experience for me. Bad enough to where I will not spend my money there and will never offer it as a job opportunity to friends.
Management was very poor. Associates were open about their dislikes on homosexuals. Their customer service wasn’t always the best. Overall I just felt that most of the associates weren’t good people. But there were the good few whom I really enjoyed.
Children's department!
I enjoyed working part time for JC Penney. I received their discount card and made $9.50 an hour. I attended 1 training session. I look forward to more training on the job. In the meantime Im looking for other opportunities and I am increasing awareness of my availability.

Easiest part of the job is tending to a customer's needs. The hardest part is the treatmen tthat another staff memeber gave me. We can learn from staff, or other employees that still care like myself!! In spite of eveerything!!
Pot Luck
Munkahelyi kultúra
managers and coworkers easy to get a long with
the manager were really nice they would help you out with problems. i was able to pick up what they were teaching me about the different jobs i had to do.
my first job
I loved working here! I loved getting credit applications! I loved working with my coworkers, they were great. I made a lot of friends working there!!
Slow work pace
A typical day at work includes folding clothes,checking dressing rooms, ringing up customers ,and putting clothes back.It is a laid back area with not too much to do.
Not flexible
JCPenney was not a good place to work, I was initially part time but was expected to work so many hours on days I had already told them I could not. The management was rude and did not care about their employees; it is not worth working more than you should for such little pay.
The pay and hours
Discount
Register in draw. Open draw. Sales . stock shelves. Dust. Run sweeper. Clean fitting room.
Restocked shelves. Clean mirrors. Held things for 3 days for employees took register outbefore you left.
No lunch break
Munkahelyi kultúra
good and friendly place but ....
As for the work experience, it went great, met a few good people, learned to communicate a lot more and how to work the registers. A typical day at work would either be slow or fast like any other job and there really wasn't a hard part of the job, for the enjoyable part, I think having some pretty good and funny conversations with costumers were the best. I just think the hiring/training process is the part where it was just all over the place. At first I was originally applying to Sephora inside Jcpenney because I'm obsessed with makeup and thought it would've been an ok experience and a good start for a first job which is another story. But when I arrived for my second day of training I was sat down and told to go on this program thing and watch a bunch of videos that were listed on the page.... thing is... the videos that were listed were about Jcpenney and only 3 were somewhat about sephora. I was a little confused since there was another girl who was also applying to Sephora but was given a sheet of paper with specific videos to watch. I then found out that it was her third day so I thought well im only on my second day maybe i'll get the paper the next day. N o p e. On my third day I was put on the floor for sephora but ended up getting assigned to do 'recovery' for Jcpenney for just that day which I didn't mind because I was very confused and not prepared at all and recovery was simple. After working like 2 days a week I decided to switch to Jcpenney, thankfully my experience with that was much better, and luckily there was a nice lady there who decided to let me watch - több...
discount, meet new people
Kontra érvek
for sephora, not enough hours. Jcpenney wise, training could've gone better
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun out going people, short breaks, can be very hectic during holidays and also long days. The people that work there get are very easy to get along with and gets along with others
Fun work environment
JCPenney is a fun place to work, the managers are pretty laid back, except when it comes to making credit. They are very flexible with hours and are able to work around your schedules.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Know what you're getting into
When business was slow (all the time) work could get done fast but instead of sending people home early, they give hours of pointless busy work. Management was very strict, the best employees are treated the same as the worst. UNDERSTAND you will be scheduled every week for every hour you put on your availability. Felt like the teenage equivalent of a dull office job. Oh and while you work your 4-8 hour shift 30 mins of pop songs(or pop holiday songs) will be played on a loop.Their targeted customers are middle age and older women so the environment is suited to best please them, I should have realized that me being a teenage male, wouldn't enjoy spending long periods of time at a place like this. If you apply for only sales associate or only cashier they just make you do both.
Pro érvek
flexible hours except on holidays
dying inside
Munkahelyi kultúra
This can be a very fast pace working enviroment
Learning all the different name designer brands of clothing also the history of James Cash was an America businessman and entrepreneur between September 1875 - 1902
Pro érvek
Its a how you work your integrity
No comment
Stressful
The workers themselves were enjoyable. However, management was okay, scheduling was awful, they were hardly flexible considering school circumstances. It was very slow all of the time, got pretty boring.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés