Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Assistant Store Manager

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
43 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 23 341 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work like balance is already a struggle in retail industry. They did the best they could with respecting that, however, it is the balance of workload and available resources is what made the job harder on the manager and the general employees.
Munkahelyi kultúra
JCPenney has been a great company until the change in leadership. Clearly, the company has to change to survive. Unfortunately, the new leadership team is probably on the wrong path, and a downturn in retail couldn't have happened at a worse time.
Benefits, Discounts, Store Level Managers
Kontra érvek
Culture being driven by the new management team
Munkahelyi kultúra
lots of new ideas one can get and work with. friendly environment. good people, clean place to work and safe. easy company to move up the success latter.
fun time to work
good schedule
Munkahelyi kultúra
Every day is different. Typical retail work environment with long hours and weekends required. Great opportunity to grow in role as an assistant store manager learning all aspects of running a successful store.
Pro érvek
Great 'family' atmosphere in the stores. Opportunity for advancement quickly for top performers
Kontra érvek
Work Life balance can be tough with a retail schedule, but you find a way to make it work for your life style
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Decent salary Stressful environment Severe reduction in personel High expectations and little to no payroll Limited advancement opportunities Bad quality leadership
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall, I think JcPenney is a great company to work for. However, if you don't mind giving up a lot of your personal time (weekends, holidays, nights) then go for it.
Pay
Work schedule
Munkahelyi kultúra
Opening store, handling am meeting, assigning areas , getting registers open, and ensuring coverage is meet through out the day. Closing, store core, register balances, cleaning crew sign out, closeout daily sales.
CUSTOMER SERVICE INDUSTRY
LONG HOURS
Munkahelyi kultúra
They work on development and constant change. They spend a lot of time working on getting to know their customers and sales trends and allow leaders to be creative in driving sales.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoy managing business and developing people. Love the fast pace environment and structure of the company. The people I work around and with are amazing and highly skilled.
Munkahelyi kultúra
JCPenney is a fun place to work for a retail environment. Customer service overall is changing and the demand out of brick and mortar retails is difficult hour.
Munkahelyi kultúra
JC Penny is a great place to work overall. Fun atmosphere with stellar benefits. Downside is there is a high level of attrition with hourly associates.
Atmosphere
Continual Downsizing
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall the company is a good place to work, but the hours are too long and the expectations are unrealistic. Working there was a good experience overall.
the people
Kontra érvek
too many long hours, no quality of life
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I was employed at JCPenney our team was like family and we treated our customers like guests in our home. Customer service was our number one priority and that has remained a guiding force in my career. Through the years there was always opportunity for advancement through hard work and positive results that became less of the standard toward the end of my time there and relocation became the main factor for who would be considered for promotion. With that said, I gained such valuable experience and knowledge from my time with this company. I am who I am today because of various positions I held and experiences I have had. As the Assistant Store Manager I managed the daily operations of a $52 million business. I oversaw all aspects of operations, human resource functions and merchandise. My daily days were always different as priorities were established, which always made my job challenging yet extremely rewarding most days.
Pro érvek
Working with a talented management group
Kontra érvek
very lomg hours at times
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved it. First job. Grew with the company until I was sent to a certain store where my career ended due to the store manager. Very old. Set in his ways. I became a target.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I feel the company is not looking out for the best interest of their employees and their families
Pro érvek
Working with a great staff
No Pay Increases
Munkahelyi kultúra
A great place to work. Customer service is the number one priority. Great teams to work with in a changing retail environment.
benefits and pension
work shifts can vary
Munkahelyi kultúra
A fast pace retail environment that is constantly changing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Company releases people without just reason.Expected to work over 18 hours before a visit.Wilmington store has a much better leader and culture.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day in JCPenney as an exempt manager is: you get to work hours before you shift is scheduled to start and immediatly start running. I felt that as a manager I never could get caught up. They asked too much of us.There was no sense of accomplishement and when you were asked to complete the impossible and then you asked for guidance from your manager there was no support, only that it had to get done so find a way.The way it got even close to accomplished was to beat (ask more and more and more) your associates to a pulp to get them to do more, and work yourself 60+ hours and still know that you were going to go in the next day and get beat (verbally speaking) to a pulp yourself for not accomplishing your goals.I used to love my job at JCPenney, but they ask too much now. It is not a good place to work.The only positive thing I found was I usually worked with great people who wanted to do a good job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at JCP for almost 2 years, and it was a great experience all the way around. I would still be working there now hoping to retire from the company at the appropriate age, if not for job consolidation due to restructure.
generous employee discount
some overnight hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
JCP as I knew it was a family away from home.Worked crazy hours and after all the time put in during one week, salary was not as much as it seems.
family atmosphere
Kontra érvek
labor intensive for a managment job