Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

JCPenney Alkalmazotti bírálat

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
Mind a(z) 23 361 értékelés megmutatása
Munkahelyi kultúra
loved working here, lots of great co workers, but awesome customers. Wish they hadn't closed it, but I understand. I think could have been managed better to maybe see if the store would pick up, but the expenses for the company just didn't make it feasible
Munkahelyi kultúra
It served its purpose for the time being. good job to start out doing if you're in high school, need a part time job, or if you want to get some retail experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would say that JCPenney is a good place to learn how to interact with other humans. I did not know what it meant to be on the other side until I was there. I got hired as a seasonal in 2019 and have been an associate ever since. Usually, my job includes recovering tables and racks as well as returning clothes to their proper spots in the form of go-backs and returns. As well I am cash register-trained and working at the register has taught me invaluable life lessons. Both how to treat others and how not to treat others. I am one to see the best in people and I know that everyone has a rough day from time to time, but that doesn't stop the need to treat people with kindness. I can honestly say that I have great respect for all of the management at my store. They do their utmost to go above and beyond to help customers and staff. I know that they are not afraid to have a good time as well as be stern when need be. There are many negative things I could say about my JCPenney location but I don't think it would be fair to those that have made it their livelihood.
Pro érvek
Freedom to move between departments, Cross training, Customer Service Experience
Short Shifts, Customer Treatment
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you do not push yourself to go above they will hire from outside of the store. Goals are reasonable and the work is easy. It can get really hectic Durning the holidays so make sure you know how to move quickly and use critical thinking.Was this review helpful?
Pay
Work
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worst job in retail that I've ever had. I would not recommend it to anyone who wants to have a lasting retail career. I regret my decision to work there
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to start at to gain experience but other than that you will be overworked if you are a guy and be underpaid for the extra work you have to do. I started off as frontline cashier got moved to do home cashier, recovery team,and the truck team, and had no pay increase for the extra responsibility
Co-workers, flexible
Pay, hours can be low
Munkahelyi kultúra
The hardworking employees are not appreciated. Management is very disrespectful. They only respect the older associates. The older associates can be very rude towards you when asking for help. Instead of guiding you, they bash you for doing wrong.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a great company when I joined in 2010 but slowly the technology leadership transitioned and many new folks from Target background who changed the entire IT culture. I don't recommend this company to anyone anymore if they are joining IT team. No care for employees, no respect and path for growth. It's all full of favoritism.
Compensation
Kontra érvek
Culture, Employees are left on their own, No growth path, favoritism among leadership
Munkahelyi kultúra
The hours were ideal; 6:30 am to 2:30 am Monday-Friday. My co-workers had been there for many years and they were VERY cliquey. It was really hard to fit in there, and it felt like they didn't want anyone else in their inner circle. That doesn't really bother me, but it was uncomfortable most of the time. It is a very physical job that mainly consisted of unpacking pallets of merchandise (mostly apparel); sizing it and hanging it on racks or folding it on shelves to be put out into the store. My back was usually in spasms about an hour into the shift every day. That is not Penney's fault though! I was 50 when I started the job and I thought I had more stamina than that but it turned out to be too much for me. If I were younger, I could have done it easily. They really should address the cliquey culture among the crew there, though. Many days I felt completely alone in a room full of people.
Pro érvek
25% off discount card. Great hours.
Kontra érvek
Longtime employees make you feel left out. Very physical job, harder for an older person.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was an excellent place to work. Overall, management was good, recognition of efforts and good was a lot. For colleagues having weak areas, training opportunities were provided. All workers/colleagues enjoyed an excursion trip planned and fully funded the company.
Pro érvek
Occasionally, there were lunches by the company. Excursion trips organized by the company.
Nome
Munkahelyi kultúra
This place is only good for anyone looking to work 10 hours a week for very little pay. Very easy job, but management is a joke. Constantly on employees about credit applications even though they can not even get them. Also has some of the rudest and worst customers compared to any other department store.
Easy, flexible schedules
Kontra érvek
Pay, dealing with customers and management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Yup, nice place to work. I would suggest to work here if you’re younger and want some extra money you know what I’m talking aboutttt lol but yea it’s cool
Clothes
People
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fue buena la experiencia adquirida pero no lo recomiendo debido a que no hay oportunidad de crecimiento laboral.
Pro érvek
JC Penney es una compañía reconocida a nivel mundial
Pocas horas de trabajo
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job was easy enough but most upper management will continuously be hounding you to meet the credit card quotas. Tried to advance in the company and while the management team in the store were supportive, beyond that was dismal. If you're just looking for a temporary or seasonal job then this can be great for you.
Flexible with schedule
No room for advancement
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was only there for a temporary holiday job. My time there I learned a lot about customer service, and quickly learned in other departments..management was so weird and uptight and one laughed in my face when another asked me to pick orders in the customer service department, she said “oh you know how to do that?” While laughing with the other as if I were stupid. Store manager got into it with salon manager and both got fired, so sad actually but Yeah just my experience there though. Either way wouldn’t recommend working there for that pay and all that work. I was even making 25cents more than one of my bosses.. that was crazy!
Pro érvek
Discounts, holiday pay and hours
Management and pay rate
Munkahelyi kultúra
very nice I LIKE IT! I honestly think the customs would be and do better as in emotion and wearing masks. I carry myself very well and the people around should do that as well.
Lunch on the time
Many People
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would recommend JC pennies as a good place to work for students., Housewives, and professional people. The best way to get ahead is to do the best at your job that you can do.
Pro érvek
Pros are good hours, good teamwork and good benefits
Kontra érvek
Cons are that you have to work weekends and some evenings.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a really good first job as a teenager. Our manager did her job really well and treated everyone in the store fairly. As long as you did your job and showed up on time there were no problems or stress at all.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Managers don’t care about you. All they do is sit on their butts. They don’t like to help and if they do, they’ll do it with attitude. Toxic environment, I’m glad to be out of there. You are expected to go above and beyond and for what? A shoutout on the walkie talkie? No thanks.
Coworkers
Managers, favoritism, pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I was hired I was told I would be a full time merchandising associate then during Onboarding they switched to me being a temporary associate(which was never brought up??? Later after receiving my first paystub it shows that I am a cashier. Also, the pay is low compared to the work that is being done and how the schedule just flips around.
Associate discount
Kontra érvek
Low pay, no set scheduling, almost everything
Munkahelyi kultúra
Customers always come off as rude and very blunt. They also have no regard for the clothes and just toss them around and make a mess of the store. Was also always working morning shifts when I specifically said I was not available for the morning. Managers were amazing though, and helped me get through the day with their optimism.
  1. Alkalmazotti értékelések