InterContinental Hotels Group
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

InterContinental Hotels Group-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Front Desk Agent

Munkakör megnevezése
Front Desk Agent75 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
75 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 3 168 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a military veteran who had the honor to work here. I truly felt valued as a member of a team as well my co workers and management made a huge difference at a relaxing and enjoyable work environment.
Pro érvek
Pay is good, benefit package includes health and 401k plans. Management is always ahead with scheduling.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management VERY unprofessional. Does not handle questioning situations accordingly. Worst front office managers I’ve ever witnessed. Security, Reservations, and food and beverage departments are okay. Front office is a mess and don’t know what they are doing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Racist, management are the only priority, customers well being as well as minority employees are not. Selfish lousy pay. Wont help and minorites will never advance here
Munkahelyi kultúra
I always heard of greetings about this hotel but once I started working it was a totally different story. Everyone sees you be bullied picked on and outed and targeted but nobody does anything to stop the mean bully they encourage and support negativity. The managers will lie to you you'll catch them in lies call them out on it and all they do is deny. Horrible managing skills favoritism and by sender effect the worsted toxic environment
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Barclay was a great place to work with super fun people. When it came to personal living it was a bit difficult because they are always understaffed (which means you don't get that many days off). There is plenty of room to grow but you must stay there stagnantly until you get promoted.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Answering phone and greets residents/guests upon entry, responds to requests, questions and any other needs. Document issues or transactions as needed. Develop knowledge of surrounding areas and attractions. Keeps track of activity logs and incident reports. Demonstrating excellent customer service, communication and time management skills. Monitoring Emergency Response System and responds in a timely and efficient manner within hours of notification Monitors and controls Electronic Security Control Systems if applicable. Logging in all packages and tracks them through to pick-up by recipient
Munkahelyi kultúra
Being a hotel there was constantly something going on and everyone in the office was very proactive. The teams worked like clockwork from the cleaning staff to the managers. This environment was ideal for people who needed to learn how best to work in high pressure situations. Most of my fellow staff members were enthusiastic and wanted to work well and hard every day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Just.. don't work in hospitality unless you LOVE it. Don't use it as just a "job" or something to do unless you have a consistent passion for hospitality, the company and the guests.
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, the pay, work load
Munkahelyi kultúra
There is no work/life balance with this company unless you’re upper management. You have to work your full 8 hours or more standing and no breaks or lunch breaks. Which should be all kinds of illegal with the workforce commission.
Kontra érvek
No lunch breaks and standing full shift.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Constant turn-over, which is a good measure of how to evaluate the hotel's employment practices. No training at all, yet you are expected to know everything right off the bat. Manager not interested in you personally, only what you can do for her. She was constantly on alert for any small mistake. I was awarded a 5-star on Yelp, yet I was nit-picked to death.
Pro érvek
Free lunch and dinner based upon your schudule
See critique above
Munkahelyi kultúra
IHG has proven itself to be a highly inclusive company that values its employees. I have enjoyed my time with the company and would recommend this company to anyone looking to hone their customer service abilities.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The spa is where I worked. I did not like the management because although it is located inside the hotel, it is owned by a private owner. The owners lease the space, so the owner at the time had our checks bounced.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not a bad brand but management could use improvement. Not many Opportunities to advance. Employee recognition is never used among management. Staff is not willing to help guest the energy is toxic and needs improvement. Environment was not for me which what was my reason for leaving the company after a year. I really enjoyed the brand and it’s benefits.
Overtime
Bad management
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management at this hotel was terrible. It was as if they did no know what needed to be done.You had to be in their click in order to get ahead. I was treated very unfairly by my manager, to the point that I had to leave.
Munkahelyi kultúra
During my two years with the company, I would say that it is a good overall company to work for although I would have liked better management, and employee appreciation.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Providing necessary guest services to ensure that guests have a positive and enjoyable experience not only in the property but in the local region as well. Responsible for the planning, performance and management of different duties as assigned by management. Performing functions such as selling rooms; taking, modifying and canceling reservations; processing guest arrivals and departures; switchboard operator, and on occasions concierge. In addition, required to manage financial transactions, use technology, communicate well, and oversee areas of guest security and safety. Working three shifts. In occasions Guest Relations for VIP's. Assists in the training of new or existing team members as needed.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hours were distributed according to “Seniority” is something I had to learn in the hard way in the hospitality business. Also learning the ropes of OPERA can become difficult when there’s no one train you to learn the system .
Very nice coworkers
Terrible inflexible hours /poor management
Munkahelyi kultúra
great. working at the intercontinental was great. there was a lot of pressure but other that that it was great. the pay is great especially in NYC.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The enjoyable part is,the JOB itself. I am working and enjoying.funny joyfull staff A lot of chances to learn. Everyday new stories to remember. Happy times
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had the ability to resolve issues and offer viable solutions within a fast-paced environment. Regarded for accuracy, commitment, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and also i was able to work around different people, Which was facinating :)
Munkahelyi kultúra
hrough them I learned a lot of communication skills. It taught me patience with guests that aren't easy to deal with. Even though it was our job to keep a smile on our face, my co-workers were genuinely kindhearted. The job wasn't hard