InterContinental Hotels Group
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

InterContinental Hotels Group-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Toronto, ON

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Toronto, ON31 értékelés
31 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 3 168 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The people, culture and colleagues are great. Moreover the management and the bosses are amazing, always supportive and bring out the best in you if you have to advance. Union is not a big pain and blends well with understanding the management point of views. All colleagues are great to work with.
Amazing Atmosphere, Amazing work culture, Work life Balance
Kontra érvek
Needs more boost for sales
Munkahelyi kultúra
Poorly run organization. The union basically controls everything which doesn't allow for any kind of flexibility or freedom for anyone who works there. Great place if you've been there for over 10 years and don't really care to be honest or work hard.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to grow your career with job security and benefits. Friendly environment to work. Training is provided before leaving you independently to work on your station . Higher management is very friendly and helpfull. Very flexible wit your preferred shift .
Good salary and benefits
Kontra érvek
Shift as per senority as its unionized.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is new life and I am happy joining wonderful teams from different departments and I gain a lot of experiences dealing with them with my experience in my fields and the cooperation from the managers and respects
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Unionized hotel job right in the middle of downtown Toronto. Very accessible to get to and from. Fun and friendly staff and coworkers. Managers on Duty are awesome, and they deserve raises for all of the stuff they have to deal with. Upper management is not the best, they seem to be MIA/inattentive most of the time.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is organized and willing to help at all times. HR is very supportive and friendly. The work is distributed is in a well thought through manner.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Job overall was interesting, but there seems to be a bit of friction between upper management and hourly workers, felt pressured and belittled when trying create relationships with co-workers due to management not wanting us to speak our main language. Training was also very hands off, and I had little interaction with my supervisor over the course of my training. However, co-workers closer to my job level helped me a lot and created a better environment
Pro érvek
Great for autonomous work, co-workers are often very kind
Kontra érvek
Management could be more sensitive to employee relations
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked as a lounge server and bartender. Responsible for table service, service bar and general bartending. Very extensive wine list and seasonal specialty drinks to pair up with food items on menu.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was only here as an intern but I enjoyed my time at the hotel. Very nice employees and management. Made the job fun! There was always something different going on in the hotel so there was always lots to do and learn!
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The staff constantly abuse the system to avoid certain duties. Management are powerless to reprimand and therefor staff get away with whatever they want.
Full Benifits
Horrible work environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
IHG is a global company with a broad portfolio of hotel brands, meaning a world of opportunity for you. Our success flows from the thousands of people around the world who form part of the IHG team.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A great company with high expectations. Very fast paced and intense work environment. I would not work for them again as the work/ life balance is lacking and while there are strong guidelines and vision, the reality falls short of the mark.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a Senior Front Desk Agent I was responsible for many aspects. Essentially the Senior sole is a supervisory position. However, on a day to day basis the work load was almost unmanageable and ever increasing.
Great Pay
Long Hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Intercontinental Hotel is truly a great mix of people from all backgrounds and nationalities. Working here is very rewarding and engaging. Everyday you here multiple languages and engage in conversation with many people. It's great to see how so many different people are able to work together in one space.
Pro érvek
paid education, great employee appreciation program
Kontra érvek
Pay could be more; doesn't have a transit discount plan
Munkahelyi kultúra
Amazing and friendly management and great Company to work for. Great atmosphere within the IHG brand properties with a lot of skill building activities.
Discounted hotel rooms worldwide
Kontra érvek
Lack of advancement within express properties.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great HR and management, Very beneficial for patients as they are able to use a salt water pool and a eucalyptus steam room pre or post their massage treatment to in hence their relaxation experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is hard to be a new supervisor and enforce rules that employees are already so used to doing things their own way. And I felt like there was no room for error when working there, even if you're new.
They provide meals everyday
Kontra érvek
They have no room for error
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nothing but positive things to say about working for IHG. A world class leader in the Hotel and Hospitality Industry and they treat they're employees with dignity , respect and great benefits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Exciting! You're never bored! Lots of flexibility in how a job is completed, Opportunities for advancement. Great co-workers - learned a lot about corporate life!
Flexible Management styles
Nothing worth mentioning
Munkahelyi kultúra
My management team is great, hotel benefits are beyond more than I needed. There is a lot of opportunities to grow in this hotel and I believe will be the same for all IHG properties.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was a great job at first. The management was super nice, HR was super nice, and everyone got along very well and helped out when needed. However, hours are based on occupancy, so as a part time employee, one week I would have 40 hours, and the next I would have 5 hours, and this would happen consistently. When I was hired I informed the management that I would be returning to school in 3 months, which they told me was not a problem. 3 days before my 3 month probation was to be up, I was let go because I no longer had full availability due to my school schedule. Way to mislead me that I had job security. The students who you do see working there are all interns that are full time and unpaid. Very few are hired upon completion of their internships. Be wary if you are a summer hire. It may only be for summer. Also, as a p/t employee, I paid $1.50/hour to the union, however I received no union protection (as I was under 3 months) and I received no benefits. There is no opt-out option for paying union fees, it comes directly off your pay stub.
Plesant work environment
Kontra érvek
No job security for students / unpredictable hours