Illumina

Értékelések kategória szerint

3,5Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
29 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelőenMind a(z) 264 értékelés megtekintése

Productive and fun

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
It’s a nice place low stress just a bit repetitive, but overall it’s simple work at first I was nervous but my coworkers taught me well and I got a hang of the job.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Too much micromanaging and questionable management.

I worked here first as a temp then earned a conversion to FTE. A typical day at work was fairly simple, most days you're manufacturing and trying to hit your numbers. This was fine at first but became a problem as management was reluctant to hire staff as we kept losing workers. Extra work was then piled onto contractors and FTE's often resulting in low team morale, especially since the issue was brought to management many times with no luck or transparency. It wasn't all bad though, free lunches/parties and free company merchandise was super cool but usually only FTE's were included in that, not temps. Workplace culture was not the best. A lot of drama between shifts and even people in your team could sometimes make the environment hostile or stressful. It's a very fast paced environment so everyone is a little on edge, also didn't help management encouraged an environment in which people made others look bad in email chains. Hardest part about the job was the micromanaging and lack of support. Anytime we didn't hit numbers we had to give a whole run down hour by hour as to why we didn't meet goals. Management never listened to us when we told them we needed help because demand was up and our workload was increasing. Though, I did have some great times at this company too. The benefits were great as an FTE, the campus was beautiful, and I met great people. Ultimately, I chose to leave due to the lack of mobility in the company and the lack of support from leadership.

Rough environment

The company was great when I started and I really felt at home while doing something productive in the world. Then slowly, as with most workplaces, I saw the layers unfold. Jokes at the expense of others a little too frequently, odd comments with individuals who really weren’t ok with it. And it was hard to take it higher, as some of these people were next in the chain of command. HR also doesn’t help much, they just don’t want a bad name for their company. Most people I knew were either in on the joke or too uncomfortable to say anything. Management would also rather fire you than take a request for you to change shifts.

Free lunches

Environment, culture, poor management

Filipino supremacy

The job and the lab are great. Pay is fair. The people though make sure that it’s their friends working there. If you aren’t Filipino you basically aren’t welcomed. Key people in the lab make sure you can’t advance or even get a permanent position there. It’s incredibly toxic and management doesn’t care as long as they make their numbers. They say attendance affects your position there, but I’ve seen it to the contrary where people call out just to call out and somehow still manage to get kept on or even promoted. I’ve watched them bully people they thought were weird out of a position. Everyone talks about how unfair it is, but no one wants to stand up because they know it’ll fall on deaf ears. If you have to work here get your experience and leave, that’s advice I was given by someone trying to warn me of all the issues of working here.

Fair pay

Racism
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Don't work here as a contractor.

No benefits for contractors and they don't let you eat the food at company functions. I never saw a company treat contractors that poorly. Some cool tech but slave driver mentality. All about production numbers.

Cool tech to work with.

Kontra érvek

Contractors can't eat the food like second class citizens.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Favoritism rules manufacturing

For a company that prides itself in diversity and inclusion it is not seen in the manufacturing area. I went out of my way to see San Diego's demographics and Filipinos make around 4 - 6% of the population but at work this can be close to 100% in different manufacturing areas. Really diverse workplace right? Has started to get slightly better this last year though. I mean slightly. We are suppose to be in a one-language rule for the safety in the lab area but leads/supervisors turn the other way. Not a single day when this rule inst broken goes by even after this has been brought up to management. I have trainers set me up for failure where they don't train with SOPs and try to go by the process really quick hoping you don't catch somethings so you make a mistake in the future. This then leads to management, which only cares about giving you write-ups so they look good themselves with their higher ups. It's really a farce that they care about your growth. You only have interactions with higher management if there was a mistake done on your part, but never for the extra work done or outperforming others in product being pushed out. Again coming back to favoritism, EVERYDAY people take shortcuts that don't follow the SOP but leads wont say anything because its their ethnic group and they get a pass. But if you're not part of the group you get a bulls-eye put on you so you can be written up so at the end of the day the minority seems like they're not up to par with other group. So one group gets a pass everyday for DELIBERATELY not following SOPS and the other write-ups -

Health Benefits

No mobility

Hivatalos válasz innen: Illumina

2020, február 24.
We are committed to maintaining a culture that is open, inclusive, and fair. Your allegations are inconsistent with our practices and culture. We would also like to speak directly to you to discuss the specifics of your concerns. You can reach our HR representative at HumanResources@illumina.com.

Great pay

Great place to start your career and have them in your resume great diversity but this company does have they're favoritism so good luck to getting. Management is terrible well at least for the department I worked in. The only thing l wish about this company is I wished they'd make a survey to pass out every year to have the employees voices heard to make this a better work environment for the future employees and current ones.

Overall average

Nice benefit, friendly work environment. Nice pantry and new office. To reduce the high turn over rate, new staff paid higher than long year service staff. Just like a fruit stall uncle sell a bigger apple to a new customer to keep the new customer but a smaller apple to a old customer.

Productive and fun

- A good workplace to start off as a fresh career in the workforce. - Team work. - Diversify working environment. - Work and life balance. - Knowledge base career.

Effective Communication is the Key for a productive work

We always start the day right by setting up, organizing and cleaning up our work station to make sure that we are able to work conveniently, hassle free and free from contamination of our finished products. Every body are working together, friendly, caring, always giving a helping hand, making sure that one's work is done efficiently and effectively. Everyday is productive, communication was excellent and the work is done on time. I've learned the value of effective communication, for this I was able to do my task in appropriate manner and on time, making sure that before I make the finished product, everything is accurate and cleared by the trainers and lead. I've learned that team- work is always effective in providing quality services and products because through it, mistakes are avoided and a fun work environment makes the job a bit easier, brings more positive outcome and be able to reach the goal for the day. Management gives us the opportunity to be the best workers and people we are. When we are able to reach our goal, we are being acknowledged for a job-well done and they are grateful for us. That is one thing I am also grateful for and because of it, I make sure that I will do my very best to work even better and give the best of my time, effort and dedication to my work.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Illumina is a great place to work. Special company off days such as a week off for July 4th summer break and also a week off for christmas to new years. The only negative things about this company is that there is not much room for growth in the manufacturing area.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good company and mangment staff

Good experienace to study and learn manufacturing process. Supervisor and lads always ready to help and listen to you. Goos training for new emplyees.

streiching

Kontra érvek

short lunch and parking place

Wouldn't work in manufacturing

The manufacturing culture is bad. Unless you belong to the majority ethnic group working there you'll be treated really bad. You'll purposely get trained wrong while the supervisors and leads look the other way. Toxic and very uncomfortable environment to work in and forget about the common language policy. So unless you speak tagala you won't know what's going on.

Hivatalos válasz innen: Illumina

2019, szeptember 10.
We are committed to maintaining a culture that is open, inclusive, and fair. Your allegations are inconsistent with our practices and culture. I have forwarded your comments to our HRBP team and asked them to raise your concerns to our manufacturing managers. HR would also like to speak directly to you to discuss the specifics of your concerns. You can reach our HR representative at HumanResources@illumina.com.

Fast paced place to work for

Excellent company to work for with patented products which are sold to companies that contribute to improve health conditions for humankind and becoming in the process one of the companies that generates high revenue.

Good place to work for.

fun work place

i liked working here because of the great work environment, you are held responsible for what is wrong and whats right. you are your own manager. there is a lot of favoritism

Manufacturing is Tough

As a temp I didn't receiving PTO or any benefits, but that's expected. What wasn't expected was the department I worked in not being able to take company holidays or Christmas break off with the rest of the company. Some of the manufacturing labs are chronically understaffed and they don't get to enjoy the same benefits enjoyed by the rest of employees.

Pro érvek

Cool culture, good food in cafeteria

Understaffed
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

It's a very competitive work environment

Illumina is a great place to work with. They gave me opportunities to learn things.Its a fast and busy environment but putting Safety and Quality first. It's very competitive environment that career advancement is hard to achieve. Because of it's big population, crab mentality, gossiping is not avoided sometimes. I was able to execute my job well because of the proper training I went through, only sometimes its overwhelming.

Stable company

Career advancement is tough

Poor Management

Management are sucks! Don't give advancement to the employee. They rather hire outside people than inside who already have experienced. Hiring high people that they don't even needed. Hiring too many people not doing anything just to walk around, sit down and don't know what they are doing. The higher management does not see this. Waste so much money instead of just giving giving the funds to department.

Fun Place

Its very relaxed place to work. Fun lunch and managers are fun as well. There is a lot of room for improvement. Enjoyful situations and meetings are fun
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

this is a good company perfect job perfect job perfect job

The Sanitation Technician function is responsible for performing the cleaning and sanitization of manufacturing process equipment to facilitate GMP compliance, quality, and schedule attainment. Work is of a technical nature where decisions are made within limits and guidelines of general practices and procedures but where some supervision is available to handle unusual situations.

super cool

no cons

Not Structured

Not very structured as a company. every one seemed to be more interested in themselves moving forward instead of as a team. The leads are way to lenient.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Illumina? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés