Illumina

3,5Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 264 értékelés megmutatása

Nice place to work, bad management

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
The job is satisfying and interesting but high level management have been making poor decisions lately. People are also underpaid, which causes high turnover.

Great opportunity horrible leads

This company has great positions filled with growth and opportunity but the management is neglectful of its workers. Its sad that you could feel tension from senior employees pushing their own politics that deviates from the company goal. I was exposed to older Filipino workers that isolate themselves from the team or new people.

High Rotation of Staff at all levels, No strategy

A great company at one time that is now just headless and without direction. Is it a Research Company, is it a Clinical Company? Who knows, leadership doesn't know. High rotation of staff leads to further lack of direction at all levels

Pro érvek

Technology that will change healthcare

Kontra érvek

Extremely weak management and leadership, No direction, 180 degree turns in the marketplace leave customers and employees just wondering?

Stay away from Manufacturing

Temps get laid off 2 or 3 times and still come back, for what? No one knows..... Due to covid you can take 2 weeks off if you have anxiety....Cameras in the lab are being monitored and reviewed everyday, when we were told this would be used for reviewing accidents, now its just a normal thing for management to be home watching employees for whatever reason or when walking cameras notice something and calls to notify management...

Headache, loss of hair

Kontra érvek

Long time employees watch and report to supervisor daily
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good: Facilities/campus is clean, events/sport leagues are fun. Bad: Workload is exorbitant, work-life balance is difficult to maintain.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Illumina is difficult to maintain.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Illumina are fair.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Illumina, I think if you perform well you have nothing to worry about.OverallMy experience working at Illumina is that they have the potential to be a great place to work, but fall short with disorganized chaos. Our guiding value “move fast and embrace change” is a great principle, but this is oftentimes perverted at the expensive of moving the ball forward too fast without addressing root cause issues that create unnecessary work and stress on teams and individuals; adding to the adage “work harder not smarter.” Often times there is a chaotic sense of urgency without clear direction forward, leading to a failure to properly document decisions and procedures, and teams must lean heavily on tribal knowledge.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Good

In overall feel satisfy in workplace because have good accommodations, work area, equipment, safety and other. Besides that, management team is taking care employees with kind attitude

Abusive

Illumina’s technology is pretty amazing and it has the potential to benefit so many lives. I am a rare cancer survivor myself and the potential of the technology led me to really pursue a job there. Unfortunately, Illumina only looks nice from the outside. On the inside it’s chaotic and political. My manager was pretty abusive. Even though I’ve left - my management is still harassing me at my new job. HR if you’re reading this - please let your managers know that that is not ok.

Great Company

It was a great experience working with the company and the project. The project manager and the team members were smart and we all collaborated together for the project done.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great products and mission; marketing organization is horrible

The company overall has great qualities. Sr. Marketing Leadership is incompetent. Multiple reorganizations did nothing but create chaos, leave huge gaps, and demotivate the teams. Then the consultants involved in these fiascos are hired into leadership roles to taut the success (even when things are crumbling around them). Advancement in marketing is dependant upon being in the inner circle.

Amazing mission, technology

Marketing Leadership

Good company

It is a good company to work for. The company culture is very good. The work is very challenging and rewarding. Lots of opportunity to grow within the company.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Very busy, easy to advance with hard work and networking. Engineers are expected to be able to work independently and as part of a team. A lot of very smart people here.

Pro érvek

Great culture, opportunity to advance, happy hours

Pmo

It's a wonderful company as a whole, but the PMO tended to be filled with a bit more aggressive management that often created stressful environments. The company attracts very bright and smart people that are great to work with.

Good company overall

Illumina has a great goals for genetic sequencing which give a sense of purpose. The compsny is driven to make this at as low a cost as possoble. that lower

Pro érvek

Many fun activities for employees

Pay is just ok
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Productive and fun workplace. Grea work culture.

Great work days dedicated to work ethic and team work. Great management who are very supportive of continued education regarding job functions. Attention to detail can be hard for those who are not use to 200% inspections. The environment has a campus feel with plenty of areas for great breaks and optimal relaxation before heading back into your work environment.

Productive culture

Illumina has a great company culture and the mission statement is the most admirable in the biotechnology space. The company is truly pushing the frontier as far as advancing sequencing as the next major medical diagnostic tool.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Improving human health through the power of genomics

At Illumina you really feel that you are making a significant contribution to society by enabling researchers to improve human health through the power of genomics. Illumina instruments and applications enable researchers to discover things they never thought possible. At Illumina you are surrounded by smart people who are all focused on this goal. People are always looking to drive the business forward and are willing to help when you need a hand. That said there are high expectations and you need to be willing to work hard and keep pace.

Favoritism rules manufacturing

For a company that prides itself in diversity and inclusion it is not seen in the manufacturing area. I went out of my way to see San Diego's demographics and Filipinos make around 4 - 6% of the population but at work this can be close to 100% in different manufacturing areas. Really diverse workplace right? Has started to get slightly better this last year though. I mean slightly. We are suppose to be in a one-language rule for the safety in the lab area but leads/supervisors turn the other way. Not a single day when this rule inst broken goes by even after this has been brought up to management. I have trainers set me up for failure where they don't train with SOPs and try to go by the process really quick hoping you don't catch somethings so you make a mistake in the future. This then leads to management, which only cares about giving you write-ups so they look good themselves with their higher ups. It's really a farce that they care about your growth. You only have interactions with higher management if there was a mistake done on your part, but never for the extra work done or outperforming others in product being pushed out. Again coming back to favoritism, EVERYDAY people take shortcuts that don't follow the SOP but leads wont say anything because its their ethnic group and they get a pass. But if you're not part of the group you get a bulls-eye put on you so you can be written up so at the end of the day the minority seems like they're not up to par with other group. So one group gets a pass everyday for DELIBERATELY not following SOPS and the other write-ups -

Health Benefits

No mobility

Hivatalos válasz innen: Illumina

2020, február 24.
We are committed to maintaining a culture that is open, inclusive, and fair. Your allegations are inconsistent with our practices and culture. We would also like to speak directly to you to discuss the specifics of your concerns. You can reach our HR representative at HumanResources@illumina.com.

Fun workplace, fast changing environment

Communication is not great at Illumina and a lot of improvements need to be made in terms of employee happiness. In the end, we are rewarded for what we do and the customers are absolutely great to work with.

Great Values

It is a great place to work and has a wonderful culture. The motto is to move fast and embrace change. The most enjoyable part of the job is how the company is looking to make the world a better place.

Excellent culture and benefits

Wonderful employer. Would recommend this company to others. We are innovative and many college grads seek us out. Cutting edge technology and transparency.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great work culture and growth opportunity

The company cares about their employees. They provide the resources needed to help you develop in your career. Great people and fun work environment..
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Illumina? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés