Illumina

3,5Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 264 értékelés megmutatása

Nice place to work, bad management

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
The job is satisfying and interesting but high level management have been making poor decisions lately. People are also underpaid, which causes high turnover.

Great culture and people

Great place to with. People are open and friendly. Benefits are really good. Feels like management doesn't really know what direction to take the company in though.

Flexible time off

Lack of advancement

Quality Control

This company does a lot of good, it feels like we're helping society. Illumina is a great springboard for careers and has excellent benefits along with a week-long company shut down in July. Management as far as I see can be really supportive once you're full-time but they seem to draw the line at raising pay to keep talent, which makes people feel replaceable. Extra swag or goodie bags aren't very encouraging when there's places with higher wages.

Pro érvek

Free Lunches, Free Coffee, Lots of events and goodies.

Kontra érvek

It can be difficult to move up, There can be favoritism depending on the department, Salaries are usually not competitive despite what HR says, There's also high turnover rate that hasn't been addressed

Great Atmosphere but Hard to Advance

The company has too many positions that are dead ends. For many of us, the only way to advance at Illumina is to go to a different department or to leave and come back, which many have done.

Pro érvek

Understanding about personal and family issues, Smart people, flexibility

Kontra érvek

Advancement and promotion is difficult.

Filipino supremacy

The job and the lab are great. Pay is fair. The people though make sure that it’s their friends working there. If you aren’t Filipino you basically aren’t welcomed. Key people in the lab make sure you can’t advance or even get a permanent position there. It’s incredibly toxic and management doesn’t care as long as they make their numbers. They say attendance affects your position there, but I’ve seen it to the contrary where people call out just to call out and somehow still manage to get kept on or even promoted. I’ve watched them bully people they thought were weird out of a position. Everyone talks about how unfair it is, but no one wants to stand up because they know it’ll fall on deaf ears. If you have to work here get your experience and leave, that’s advice I was given by someone trying to warn me of all the issues of working here.

Fair pay

Racism

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Productive and fun

It’s a nice place low stress just a bit repetitive, but overall it’s simple work at first I was nervous but my coworkers taught me well and I got a hang of the job.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Low stress environment with support and many opportunities to grow.

The Madison site was a low stress environment yet efficient in getting work done. Having a site focused on collaboration and communication is to thank.

Good experience

Worked at Illumina as an intern. Colleagues treated me very well, and I felt a sense of belonging. The supervisor was also very helpful in my learning. Office was nice

Pro érvek

Vending machine, nice canteen, has shuttle bus

nil
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Productive, fast pace, fun place to work

People makes the company. It’s true. I am blessed with such a great team with full of talent and diversity. Lot of rooms for advancement. People respect your opinion.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great people to work with

Some of the smartest people I have ever worked with. The products have an impact on everyone's lives. Every time I have a conversation with a friend it can relate back to an impact Illumina has had on their lives

People

Kontra érvek

None that I can think of
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great place to work….if you have a PhD

Can work with some great people who are really creative. Can meet people with various professional backgrounds. Need PhD to really be considered for high career advancement or management roles

Flexible time off

Overemphasis on advanced degrees

Just great!

Great place to work and beautiful company.

Excelent

Good leadership
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good environment and nice perks

In general I like working there, as most places it has its ups and downs but the goods surpasses the bad. My biggest challenge is finding the right work/life balance

environment, benefits

Kontra érvek

Inefficient admin processed that lead to increased workload across departments, challenging work/life balance
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Not for the faint of heart

Illumina has an ambitious and energized environment which will continuously challenge you to be better at what you know and keep you learning something new. It's still a relatively young company so it has that "start-up" feel, pushing the envelope of the technology while not being overly "Corporate". Plenty of advancement opportunity in my mind, company treats you well, and a beautiful campus (in San Diego at least).

Lab Services resistant to change

A funky culture. Very cutting-edge, scientifically, but people are fearful of losing their jobs and resistant to doing anything different. No ability to reflect and grow in systems or processes here. Almost like working in the 1980s again.

Great benefits

Kontra érvek

Co workers not kind, not inclusive

It is an ok company.

People work there have no bond to the company or to each other. Most of them treat each other like foreigners, the culture in the company is strange, I have a buddy worked there as a senior engineer not even thirteen months, and she quit her job.

Pro érvek

You always has a lot to learn for Sequencing machine.

Kontra érvek

Many people swapped their bad parts from your machine, you are not sure because they are more senior or what, they got used to this a lot.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Don't work here as a contractor.

No benefits for contractors and they don't let you eat the food at company functions. I never saw a company treat contractors that poorly. Some cool tech but slave driver mentality. All about production numbers.

Cool tech to work with.

Kontra érvek

Contractors can't eat the food like second class citizens.

Good company overall

Great technology and vision. Practically dominates the industry but does good. Most people are friendly and very smart. Its still evolving so some growing pains but overall i am happy
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

No clear sense of direction

I was a lab aide for Illumina. I never felt like my manager ever gave me proper direction on what to do or what she expected of me. It was very difficult to understand what was wanted from me, and I felt lost most of the time. The people were very friendly, but I just really felt lost and upset for the majority of my time there.

Pro érvek

Nice people, nice facility, good benefits

Kontra érvek

Confusing tasks, no direction given

Good place to be

Illumina has great culture and exciting new technology in the development pipeline. The pace could be too fast or too slow at times, but the overall everyone is working towards a tight deadline constantly. Management has good ideas and vision, but too often projects get cancelled with wasted effort. Expect to be on multiple project and be stretched thin, so it's important to prioritize your work correctly.

Pro érvek

cutting edge technology, talented people with humble attitude

Kontra érvek

Pay, constant urgency and being stretched thin
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Standing up all day, bending passed over from learning more about the job.

I worked very hard at illumina, always on time but I did explain to them prior to taking the job that I had a vacation already booked. Other problems.

30 minutes lunch

10 minute breaks
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Illumina? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés